JP Morgan Palladium Card

Old Jun 27, 13, 12:57 pm

Location: TAS - somewhere I can't use my FF status and points very well.
Programs: AA PLT & LTG, DL DIA & LTS, Marriott PLT & LTG
Originally Posted by brosnan6 View Post
On a side note, a delivery service (Postmates - Get It Now) which has been in SF for a while just launched in NYC last month. This is different from the typical food ordering websites (Seamless, Grubhub, etc) in that it's more of a courier service, and it actually started off as such with people getting random items delivered. But they realized that people were ordering food from restaurants that don't typically deliver and weren't on Seamless, so now that's their main market. Basically as long as the restaurant will do a takeout order (which IDK if Momofuku would do), you can get it within an hour.

More info: http://blog.postmates.com/post/51728...tes-nyc-launch and https://postmates.com/invitation/BV36x
wish I still lived on 63rd & broadway... so, so long ago.
Old Jun 29, 13, 7:04 pm

Anything & Broadway is great. Wish I lived there too
Old Jul 3, 13, 10:38 pm

I have found that the JPM Concierge can be convenient at times when in need of someone to call around and secure reservations/tickets for you; they may save you a minute or two. I don't believe that full-up restaurants are going to create a table for you out of thin air, but they might be a bit more kind to you if they expect a possible big spender.

Over the last month, I've noticed an increase in the amount of time it takes to speak to a person after placing a call to concierge - are they getting busier?
Old Jul 6, 13, 5:53 am

I asked them to help with a dinner reservation 3 days ago. Still haven't heard back from them yet. 3 days is pretty disappointing for what is supposed to be a premium concierge service. Basically, the concierge isn't as good as they claim to be, and they are getting busier since they also service the mass market ritz carlton card. Good service and mass market are mutually exclusive. Now that PD and the JPM concierge has gone mass market, I've noticed a big decrease in the quality of service I get. Makes paying the AF on this card completely not worth it.
Old Jul 6, 13, 10:44 am

Officially cancelled the card today. I was unable to attend an event do to the plane being delayed. I called for the ticket insurance for the musical, but it was denied. They said the tickets were used. Well, that is impossible as I was stuck at the airport during the play. Doesn't matter, it was denied, and they had no problems charging my annual fee this month. Cancelled the card due to the fact that their service, which should had covered the tickets, didn't. BS. This card sucks. Not worth $0.59, let alone $595.00.
Old Jul 6, 13, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA GS
Originally Posted by comptalk View Post
I was unable to attend an event do to the plane being delayed. I called for the ticket insurance for the musical, but it was denied. They said the tickets were used. Well, that is impossible as I was stuck at the airport during the play.
I'm just guessing here but I imagine there's more to the story...

Cancelled the card due to the fact that their service, which should had covered the tickets, didn't. BS. This card sucks. Not worth $0.59, let alone $595.00.
There are high expectations of this card, sure (even at a much lower price point than Centurion). That there was even a chance the card would pay you back for event tickets you didn't use says there's quite a bit there. Maybe it isn't worth a $595 annual fee. But surely it's worth $0.59, even just as a rewards card that's pretty much Sapphire Preferred minus double points for dining and 7% annual rebate plus a threshold bonus for spending $100,000 in a year.

Surely we can agree that this card is worth more than $0.59, right?
Old Jul 6, 13, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlyFasterFlyFarther View Post
Surely we can agree that this card is worth more than $0.59, right?
Well, I can't speak to the quality of service, but at the very least you can smelt the card for a lot more than $0.59.
Old Jul 7, 13, 3:08 pm

You are guessing incorrectly. There IS event ticket coverage. If I am stuck at the airport due to a delayed flight, how am I supposed to attend the event? If a provider is not going to honor the commitments, why on earth would I give them $595? Aside from a nice looking card, the service sucks and this card is a poser card to the Platinum and Centurion card.
Old Jul 14, 13, 4:07 pm

Officially cancelled the card today. I was unable to attend an event do to the plane being delayed. I called for the ticket insurance for the musical, but it was denied. They said the tickets were used. Well, that is impossible as I was stuck at the airport during the play. Doesn't matter, it was denied, and they had no problems charging my annual fee this month. Cancelled the card due to the fact that their service, which should had covered the tickets, didn't. BS. This card sucks. Not worth $0.59, let alone $595.00.
The company they used to provide the coverage ALWAYS seems to find a way to deny you for just about anything. I bought a bunch of furniture last year and three days later most of it went on sale. I did the paperwork expecting to get about $800 back and they denied me saying "those types of sales are excluded".
Old Jul 16, 13, 5:25 pm

Programs: the human race
that stinks.

did you inform your banker of the insurance issue before cancelling? I used the ticket insurance for missing a show due to illness and the process was painless.
Old Jul 16, 13, 11:11 pm

so does anyone have an idea if i am better off booking flights with my presidential plus card which gives me 2 miles per dollar or my palladium card which has travel insurance? anything i'm missing? thanks in advance
Old Jul 17, 13, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by knicksmets View Post
so does anyone have an idea if i am better off booking flights with my presidential plus card which gives me 2 miles per dollar or my palladium card which has travel insurance? anything i'm missing? thanks in advance
The Palladium gives you 2 UR points per dollar which you can then convert into UA miles if you so choose.
Old Jul 17, 13, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA, JPM
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust View Post
that stinks.

did you inform your banker of the insurance issue before cancelling? I used the ticket insurance for missing a show due to illness and the process was painless.
Agreed. Just today I got an email saying they are refunding me ~$120 on some price protection claims.

I've always followed their instructions, sent more than enough documentation and included a cover letter explaining why I believe the claim should be approved. I have easily covered my annual fee this year on that benefit alone.

Warranty service isn't anything compared to AMEX, but I have had good luck with it as well.
Old Jul 18, 13, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by g2gtrading View Post
The company they used to provide the coverage ALWAYS seems to find a way to deny you for just about anything. I bought a bunch of furniture last year and three days later most of it went on sale. I did the paperwork expecting to get about $800 back and they denied me saying "those types of sales are excluded".
That bites, sorry to hear. So did you give in? or are you still fighting it?
Old Jul 20, 13, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
That bites, sorry to hear. So did you give in? or are you still fighting it?
You can appeal but I don't want to waste my time with those jokers any further.

Search this Thread