Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:04 am

Just closed my Palladium account. Had it over about a year and a half. Used the concierge a couple times, they couldn't secure any hard-to-get reservations for me better than I could. Double travel points were nice, but a lot of cards have that now.

I also have the Amex Platinum and it has all the benefits of the Palladium, plus a wider network in the Fine Hotels and Resorts program. Combined with my United Club card, little point in keeping this heavy thing.

I also felt sort of uncomfortable using it...like people thought I was showing off. Attracted too much attention. Not a big fan of that.

It was a no-brainer for me to close it. Did it through my private banker, so I didn't try to get any sort of retention offers or anything.

BTW, it's not getting more exclusive...and it's still online despite other reports - http://www.chase.com/online/private_...redit-card.htm
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ManhattanSpin
BTW, it's not getting more exclusive...and it's still online despite other reports - http://www.chase.com/online/private_...redit-card.htm
The most interesting thing about this link is the Chase Sapphire Preferred deal:

Exclusive bonus offer for Chase Private Clients – Enjoy 50,000 bonus points from Chase Sapphire Preferred* after spending $2,000 within 3 months from account opening – that's $625 in travel rewards1
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2.8 MM,UA-GS 1.3 MM,DL-PL,HH-DM,LH-SEN,Bonvoy-GL
I also felt sort of uncomfortable using it...like people thought I was showing off. Attracted too much attention. Not a big fan of that.
you could ask them and they will to send u a nice brown plastic version
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
So I have an AMEX platinum and Chase United Club Card. Can I swap the Club Card for the Paladium and still keep United Club access? What is the + / - on benefits of Paladium vs. Club Card? Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Eadward
So I have an AMEX platinum and Chase United Club Card. Can I swap the Club Card for the Paladium and still keep United Club access? What is the + / - on benefits of Paladium vs. Club Card? Thanks
Well, I am a unique position to respond since I had all 3 of those cards until I closed the Palladium card.

I wouldn't get the Palladium card again. Very few benefits you would find that you don't get with Amex Platinum and Chase Club card.

Chase card you get the 1.5 miles per every dollar spent. That's better than Palladium for everything except travel (Palladium gives you double points on travel).

If I were you, I'd keep the Club card and Platinum and call it a day.

I just recently got the BA Visa from chase for the companion ticket offer and 50k avios...given the amex bonuses for transferring points to Avios, I wanted to take even more advantage.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:48 am

well, failed attempt #1 today.

got my card last week and used the concierge to try and make reservations at peter lugers for a thursday night, not even the weekend.

got an email a few hours later saying they couldn't do it.

what services have any of you really valued through the concierge?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:15 pm

also denied for wednesday night. really?! is there any priority for these concierge services or are they just saving us a call to the restaurant?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:25 pm

Well, I am a unique position to respond since I had all 3 of those cards until I closed the Palladium card.

I wouldn't get the Palladium card again. Very few benefits you would find that you don't get with Amex Platinum and Chase Club card.

Chase card you get the 1.5 miles per every dollar spent. That's better than Palladium for everything except travel (Palladium gives you double points on travel).

If I were you, I'd keep the Club card and Platinum and call it a day.

I just recently got the BA Visa from chase for the companion ticket offer and 50k avios...given the amex bonuses for transferring points to Avios, I wanted to take even more advantage.
I also have all three of these cards. I got the 1st AF waived for the Club card, so I'm using that for a lot of my spending, and my CSP is doing the other part. Now that I have the PD, I'm trying to decide what to do - I think i'll drop the Club and just use PD and/or CSP.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by knicksmets
peter lugers
Previous discussion beginning at post 874
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by knicksmets
got my card last week and used the concierge to try and make reservations at peter lugers
From the Peter Luger web site
NOTE: Peter Luger Steakhouse does not accept any credit cards except the Peter Luger Card.
This would probably preclude any credit card concierge from having a special relationship with the restaurant.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I've tried their concierge to book hotels in Vegas three times. Almost every time it took them half-day or a day to email me back the results and their rates are not as competitive as AMEX Platinum Concierge (at least I don't have to wait to get the quote at AMEX). I also tried to use them to get a ticket of a broadway show (Book of Mormons) in NYC back in May and didn't get any good result either (I ended up booking it online myself and got a secondary market ticket saving me $100+).
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Just to give them credit, they DID get me a lower rate at an Omni hotel than the rate on the web page...although I didn't try calling the property to see if I could do the same. And my GHA black doesn't seem to be passing through the system so that the Omni can see it...no one really knew how to get it to show from JP Morgan...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by joelfreak
Just to give them credit, they DID get me a lower rate at an Omni hotel than the rate on the web page...although I didn't try calling the property to see if I could do the same. And my GHA black doesn't seem to be passing through the system so that the Omni can see it...no one really knew how to get it to show from JP Morgan...
the concierge should give you a login and password to GHA, log in there and verify your black status . if you arent black there they did something wrong, call again and ask them to set you up with black based on your reservation
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shahaf
the concierge should give you a login and password to GHA, log in there and verify your black status . if you arent black there they did something wrong, call again and ask them to set you up with black based on your reservation
I spoke to them twice, BOTH employees really had NO idea about the program. They put me on hold to ask people, and they said this was the way to do it.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by zeusmt
I also have all three of these cards. I got the 1st AF waived for the Club card, so I'm using that for a lot of my spending, and my CSP is doing the other part. Now that I have the PD, I'm trying to decide what to do - I think i'll drop the Club and just use PD and/or CSP.
Thanks guys. I had gotten the AF waived on the Club card, so that is pretty good. Think I can get the same on the PD. Despite some reports here, think an alternative concierge would be worth something to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.