Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UA 50K miles chase card award rescinded:( [due to previous UA Visa]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 50K miles chase card award rescinded:( [due to previous UA Visa]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by shomethemiles
I am pretty new to this, and dont know if others have had a similar issue..

I already had a United card with chase(i dont even know when i had applied) and now applied for the United card again. No issues, they directly sent me the card. Now I get a letter stating that since I already have a card, I wont be able to get the 50K signup bonus because its only for new members....

Is there a way to work around this???....the 50K would really help!
harass them via email and mail until they give it to you is about the best way. if u r enough of a pest sometimes it pays off. also per prior post ask them to pull the phone log from when you applied. hopefully you have the date/time/csr name and #....if they didnt disclose this issue to you you may have a weapon to fight with. good luck, i hope u get ur miles. also if u have a banking relationship with chase threaten to take all of your business elsewhere.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

thank you!

thank you for all the patient replies! i guess harassment is the only way. i will try to impress upon them the fact that i had explicitly asked for the 50k bonus and was told that i would be eligible. they also made me close an account to get it approved. thats the part that irks me most...all the effort to find out i dont even get the miles

will keep you all posted...
Old May 7, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by koctail
also if u have a banking relationship with chase threaten to take all of your business elsewhere.
Last year I had an issue with Chase relative to getting a credit on one of my cards that had been canceled some months earlier. I had a 6 figure CD with Chase and threatened to take my business elsewhere when the CD matured if they could not resolve the issue.

Guess what? The CC division did not seem to care. The CC division and the Bank division are separate. I even went into the bank to complain and they could not do anything to help.

The CDs have matured and the money is now deposited in a bank that has given me good service.
Old May 8, 2010, 5:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by deant
Last year I had an issue with Chase relative to getting a credit on one of my cards that had been canceled some months earlier. I had a 6 figure CD with Chase and threatened to take my business elsewhere when the CD matured if they could not resolve the issue.

Guess what? The CC division did not seem to care. The CC division and the Bank division are separate. I even went into the bank to complain and they could not do anything to help.

The CDs have matured and the money is now deposited in a bank that has given me good service.
I have a friend that had a credit card with one of the "big" banks. They reduced her credit limit from 20K down to $500. (845+ FICO mid bureau, 7 figure assets, 6 figure income, very long credit history). She closed out the CC account & pulled out over $300K out of that bank & put it in her local CU. Her friend pulled out more than $500K from the same "big" bank.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:28 am

When I applied for this card it was (now is) my third current UA card, and I have had for years and still have both a personal and biz UA card. The rep I spoke with said that since this particular type card was of a different variety (something about signature, platinum, whatever) that I would get the bonus. When I called to check my application status I was told I could not be approved but the rep then proceeded to ask me why I needed a third UA card to carry around and what I could possibly do with it that I could not already with my current card. My reply was basically that it would allow me to further separate school, work (employer), "work" (my own) and personal expenses, which is true but it didn't seem important to her. Needless to say I was surprised when the card showed up soon afterwards, and even more surprised when my 50k miles posted three days ago. Technically, based on what I was told and how more than one rep interpreted the terms and conditions I am entitled to the miles, but it's always a bit surprising when things actually work out without having to harass over the phone people who ultimately have no say in the matter.
If you are not getting your miles I would err on the side of politeness when dealing with reps, at least initially. Their job is terrible but ultimately if you treat them as people then it is possible they might reciprocate.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Circuits
There have been a number of similar, overlapping promos offered by Chase for UA MP members.

The general, open-admission 50k bonus was only available over the phone, and officially ended 4/30/10 (though some claim to have gotten through up to 5/2/10).

There are a number of slightly-different, invitation-only (promo code and invitation code required and must match an offer sent out by Chase) 50k bonus offers out there as well.

Unless you received an invitation, you will not be able to access those offers.

I applied for and received the open-admission card, and the 50k bonus posted to my MP account after my first statement closed. I have since received other, invitation-only offers from Chase in the mail, with offer expiration dates later than 4/30/10, but slightly different T&C from the card I actually applied for and received. The biggest difference seems to be that the invitation-only offers require a $250 spend to get the signup bonus, while the open-admission offer required only a first purchase.

If anyone has been able to sneak into the open-admission past 5/2/10, I've yet to hear or read about it, but the invitation-only offer letters do appear to still be going out.

Hope this helps.
this still works. just applied...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:29 pm
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Originally Posted by psyflyer
this still works. just applied...
not sure exactly what you mean by this. if you mean that you applied for the open admission offer without an invitation, the fact that the website took your info doesn't guarantee that you'll get the offer. many of us received letters rejecting the application without an offer code.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by RLG
not sure exactly what you mean by this. if you mean that you applied for the open admission offer without an invitation, the fact that the website took your info doesn't guarantee that you'll get the offer. many of us received letters rejecting the application without an offer code.
i applied over phone and have received the card yesterday. GL.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:30 pm

one way to approach: if one received a new offer from Chase, etc than the new offer was made --they should have known or checked before making the offer about the prior exact same card.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I only got 30K after applying online for the 50K.
Did anyone happen to save a copy of the 50K online app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.