Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:51 am

Anyone has any idea how long this offer will last? It says it's limited-time offer and I can't apply for another 3-4 months due to that Chase 1 card every 6 months policy.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: UA, AA
So having received the Chase UA signup bonus will disqualify me?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:06 am

I can't find the link to 100k miles offer.

Would somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
I can't find the link to 100k miles offer.

Would somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by abcx
I did some more research and this is actually a great idea. LAN has no YQ and this routes through Lima and Santiago anyway. So take two stopovers and see all that S. America has to offer.

Someone on SD also mentioned that you can redeem these for 4 AA domestic flights? Is that true? That's not terrible either...unfortunately AA does not offer awards to Alaska (at least on their website) which I have found offer the best redemption value for domestic awards.
AA might not offer flights to Alaska, but Alaska Airlines sure does and they're a BA partner too!

Anyone yet have a direct link to the 100K specific application? I'm still only seeing the 30,000 one.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nyc325
AA might not offer flights to Alaska, but Alaska Airlines sure does and they're a BA partner too!

Anyone yet have a direct link to the 100K specific application? I'm still only seeing the 30,000 one.
It's online now:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/br...ays/hp_postpin
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:30 am
xp0

On and off reader for a long time now (Although I seemed to have been absent during all the good stuff! Until now!) Figured it was finally time to start being active around these parts.

Quick question ... How do we sign up for the household accounts? I want to sign my wife up but have the ability to combine the points? (That is what you can do with household accounts, correct?) Also I thought I ready that you can only sign up 1 household account per 6 months? So I can have my brother sign up for household account and be linked to us either, can I?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xp0
On and off reader for a long time now (Although I seemed to have been absent during all the good stuff! Until now!) Figured it was finally time to start being active around these parts.

Quick question ... How do we sign up for the household accounts? I want to sign my wife up but have the ability to combine the points? (That is what you can do with household accounts, correct?) Also I thought I ready that you can only sign up 1 household account per 6 months? So I can have my brother sign up for household account and be linked to us either, can I?
Welcome to posting on FT.

You can sign up for household accounts using the form on BA's website after you have created the individual BA Executive Club program accounts for yourself and the members of your household who share the same address on file with BA.

You are limited to how many members may be part of a household account, and changes to it may be limited too. Also, household account redemptions may still be limited to bookings made in the name of the members who are part of the household account.

Household accounts pool the miles from the individual accounts for purposes of redeeming the miles, thus allowing you to combine miles you earn with miles your wife earns when attempting to redeem miles for a ticket.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by RedSox
Originally Posted by guv1976
If I'm understanding the BA redemption structure correctly, I could fly AA from NYC to Hawaii roundtrip in first class (on two-class aircraft) with en route stopovers for 70,000 BA miles, versus flying the same route without stopovers for 75,000 AAdvantage miles. Is this correct?

I believe this would cost you 105k BA miles for a partner award, 3 x 35k for first. A business class award would be 70k miles but even on a 2-class AC it would be considered a first award. I tried to book (as an exercise) a J award from JFK to HNL but the only availability was either in Y at 35k or F at 105k.
That contradicts what an Executive Club rep told me. Try booking out of LGA, which does not offer 3-class aircraft, and see if that changes things. (AA offers some domestic 3-class service out of JFK.)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:56 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Do I go for it?

I got a Chase Sony Card on 11/5/09 & a Continental CC on 10/20/09 (along with two Continental debit cards linked to two new Continental Chase checking accounts). So, to continue my perfect cc streak, do I apply for this one now?

Will this have any effect on my regular Citibank AA cc churning? (so far so good there, but starting to get worried).
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Two of the best uses of BA miles:

RT to S. America in J on LAN for 80k (permits a free enroute stopover in each direction; note that Easter Island is a valid S. America destination),
Are you sure that you're permitted only one stopover in each direction?

Last edited by guv1976; Nov 6, 2009 at 5:59 am
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by abcx
1. Someone on SD also mentioned that you can redeem these for 4 AA domestic flights? Is that true? That's not terrible either...

2. unfortunately AA does not offer awards to Alaska (at least on their website) which I have found offer the best redemption value for domestic awards.
1. Yes, 100K BA will get you four saver AA domestic R/T's @ 25K miles each, see this and click on "North America".

2. Yes AA does indeed offer awards to Alaska on their website, see here where it says "§ Continental U.S. includes Alaska" and "§§ North America is defined as the U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, The Bahamas, and the Caribbean." In turn BA miles can be used on AA metal for travel to Alaska at the domestic mileage requirement rate. FYI keep in mind that for years BA has allowed redemptions for one-way travel at half of the R/T mileage requirement (they allowed this long before DL, AA and other US airlines recently jumped on the bandwagon).

Last edited by yanxfann; Nov 6, 2009 at 10:13 am
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by jdrumm95
from the offer page:
"You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established."

I assume this means if you are only approved for the Platinum card then you will not get the goodies we are all wanting?
That's my assumption. No chicken, no check-in.

Mike
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:50 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
Note that there's no immediate credit report pull.
There was for me, or if not "immediate" then within a couple of hours. I applied yesterday evening and today Experian shows a pull dated yesterday.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
GUWonder - You've posted this a bunch of times for those of us who have been asking for the official link. Thank you!!! for your patience and for the generous sharing of knowledge and expertise!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.