Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:11 am
Moy

Originally Posted by lowfoo
Trying to find ways to spend $2000 on this card besides the coins method and from regular purchases.
Can we open say 4 checking accounts and fund them using the credit card with $500 each. Does this work? ?
Why are different versions this question asked so many times on this thread? Is it really THAT hard to charge $2k in 3 months on a credit card? Especially given that this offer is so lucrative? I mean, just charge all your expenses and Xmas/holiday shopping that you might have to the card, and if you have to shift some of your spending forward a month or two to get to the required $2k in spending at the end, then do it.

Seems to me it is far more work to go and open up 4 checking accts and fund each of them with $500 on this card than it is to just spend $2k. Or am I wrong?

Worst case if you're still a few hundred bucks short at the end of 3 months then you just go buy a few gift cards at your local grocery store. Not that difficult IMHO.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 5:14 am
Formerly known as god_forbids

Programs: DL Kettle
Really not that hard

Indeed. If this poor college student can work up $50k in spend to hit the MQM thresholds on his DL Plat Amex (over $4200/mo) I am sure anyone can find ways ...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:54 am

Programs: DELTA SM
Originally Posted by headinclouds
According to the BA web site, It is 40K return USA to South America. Biz class is 2X and first class is 3X.
Because I'm in Tampa and AA flies out of MIA to Rio would that TPA-MIA leg be included in the 40K to GIG? I'm assuming it will but no sure..

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Expiring?

Is this deal expiring today? I seem to remember reading that it is, but can't find that information anywhere. I have been waiting for some balances to zero out on my credit report before applying, but will go ahead and pull the trigger if today is the last day. Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headinclouds
According to the BA web site, It is 40K return USA to South America. Biz class is 2X and first class is 3X.
I asked this question earlier but nobody seemed to know: could the U.S.-S.A. award be done on BA metal with a stopover at LHR? I mean, is that a legal award?

Assuming one had a desire to visit both Europe and S.A. on the same trip, this could be a very valuable award.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
You only assume you are rejected, but you have never received a decline letter or the status line said you were declined?

BIG Difference between the 2.
True...I assumed (incorrectly) that when I was not immediately approved that the only other option was to be immediately declined. The 800 number quickly confirmed my wife's card with a high limit...I think all of us in the early days of this thread just assumed that the phone never informed you that you'd been denied.

One other thing I noticed today: the card that I would have offered to give up to get the BA card had its credit limit reduced by the exact amount of my BA Visa.

I get the sense that it's Chase's subtle way of telling me "We'll let you in on this one with a low limit, but you're at the edge of what we we're going to give you..." If there's a new Marriott or UA 100k bonus offer out next week, I suspect I won't be able to get it.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jmorgans
Is this deal expiring today? I seem to remember reading that it is, but can't find that information anywhere. I have been waiting for some balances to zero out on my credit report before applying, but will go ahead and pull the trigger if today is the last day. Thanks.
Curious of this as well. I was declined at first due to too much on cards (doing 0% on a couple), so I've paid them down and they've hit my credit now. I applied on the 9th, and when i called they said to reapply 30 days later. Not sure that this offer will still be around next week...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Originally Posted by pinniped
I asked this question earlier but nobody seemed to know: could the U.S.-S.A. award be done on BA metal with a stopover at LHR? I mean, is that a legal award?

Assuming one had a desire to visit both Europe and S.A. on the same trip, this could be a very valuable award.
Yes it is. Just did that this summer JFK-LHR-JNB, and had a great time. 90K J award for 2 (50% off promo, booked last Nov). Though the fee is high, I still consider this one of my best redemption.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by adamak
Yes it is. Just did that this summer JFK-LHR-JNB, and had a great time. 90K J award for 2 (50% off promo, booked last Nov). Though the fee is high, I still consider this one of my best redemption.
In the context of the OP, S.A. = South America, not South Africa.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.

i was thinking the same thing earlier but upon further research BA runs a LHR-GRU-EZE flight. So you could elect to put the GRU-EZE segment in your itinerary albeit 10K more (from N.A.) or fly AA/LA Direct for 40K in Y 80K in J
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:53 am

Sorry I wasn't clear about that earlier... For either South Africa or South America, the stopover in London would be great. I figured it was allowable for South Africa since that's a somewhat logical routing. Wasn't sure about South America since there are other Oneworld options to get there without routing through Europe.

A 2-for-1 J award offer is pretty insane. Does BA do that often?

Reminds me... One of these years, I'm going to try to make it to Comrade's Marathon. And we have family in the UK... So maybe the South Africa trip with a British stopover could come in handy for me as well...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262
i was thinking the same thing earlier but upon further research BA runs a LHR-GRU-EZE flight. So you could elect to put the GRU-EZE segment in your itinerary albeit 10K more (from N.A.) or fly AA/LA Direct for 40K in Y 80K in J
Are you sure its 80k in J? I though the BA premium cabin awards are at a higher rate than using AA miles because of the Premium Economy cabin offered by BA - and it applies to partner awards too even though they dont have Prem. Econ.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:58 am

Sorry I wasn't clear about that earlier... For either South Africa or South America, the stopover in London would be great. I figured it was allowable for South Africa since that's a somewhat logical routing. Wasn't sure about South America since there are other Oneworld options to get there without routing through Europe.

A 2-for-1 J award offer is pretty insane. Does BA do that often?

Reminds me... One of these years, I'm going to try to make it to Comrade's Marathon. And we have family in the UK... So maybe the South Africa trip with a British stopover could come in handy for me as well...
Hi pinniped!

Sorry on my thickness but could you illustrate for me how could I use 100K to go to GIG and back from TPA with the London routing for 2 people? Maybe it's just plain crazy and I would be happy to just go to Rio that way using AA but a London stopover would be awesome! I guess the Fuel surcharges/Fees would kill the deal huh?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Blade107
Hi pinniped!

Sorry on my thickness but could you illustrate for me how could I use 100K to go to GIG and back from TPA with the London routing for 2 people? Maybe it's just plain crazy and I would be happy to just go to Rio that way using AA but a London stopover would be awesome! I guess the Fuel surcharges/Fees would kill the deal huh?

Thanks!
I don't think BA will let you do that on one award.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I don't think BA will let you do that on one award.
Yeah I see what you mean but how about the TPA-GIG-TPA routing tru MIA with AA could that be done for 40K per person still? thx!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.