Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:25 am
nsr

Originally Posted by docbert
And as definitive proof that you don't need to be a US Citizen, the phone number is now telling me that I've been approved.
Just be aware that the following is stated on the Rules and Regulations brochure that came along with my BA card :

"Earning restrictions:BA Miles reported on your billing statement from Chase may not post into your Executive Club account if you change your Executive Club address to one outside of the U.S."

Make sure your BAEC address is in the US.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:15 pm

Trying to find ways to spend $2000 on this card besides the coins method and from regular purchases.
Can we open say 4 checking accounts and fund them using the credit card with $500 each. Does this work? Does this count as regular purchase or cash advances? Or anyone has a better way to do this besides through regular purchases?

Last edited by lowfoo; Nov 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lowfoo
Trying to find ways to spend $2000 on this card besides the coins method and from regular purchases.
Can we open say 4 checking accounts and fund them using the credit card with $500 each. Does this work? Does this count as regular purchase or cash advances? Or anyone has a better way to do this besides through regular purchases?
Each new bank account triggers a hard pull, so it's best to limit such activity as much as possible. That said, if you have a high credit limit (e.g. over $20k) than it might make sense to open a Citi Savings account with the AA bonus miles and fund it with your Chase card (I'd use up my entire CL in this case).
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:38 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by lowfoo
According to the threads in FW you can open and fund a perkstreet checking account. You get $100 bonus (see link below), if you open the checking account (the basic one without overdraft protection) they do a "soft" pull, and you can fund the initial deposit up to $500 from a credit card considered as purchase. There is no limit on the number of accounts you can open but you can receive the bonus only once.

http://www.perkstreet.com/landingpag...tm_campaign=02
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: DELTA SM
Would this be a good way to get to Rio de Janeiro - GIG? Any pointers on that?

Got the card today and I'm planning a trip to Rio this coming Summer ( Jul/Aug).

BTW, when I called to confirm the 50/50 Promo I've asked about the fee and the guy told me that would "probably" post on my first statment. I hope not
Old Nov 29, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Blade107
Would this be a good way to get to Rio de Janeiro - GIG? Any pointers on that?

Got the card today and I'm planning a trip to Rio this coming Summer ( Jul/Aug).

BTW, when I called to confirm the 50/50 Promo I've asked about the fee and the guy told me that would "probably" post on my first statment. I hope not
Depends where you're starting from:

AA: JFK, MIA, DFW
JL: LAX (but only to GRU)
IB: MAD
BA: LHR
LA: SCL
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Here goes the next 100 posts about "I got my 50k first purchase bonus" and "I still dont have mine after I made the purchase 5 mins ago"...

It will post with your first statement. Check back then.

P.S. Why does everyone feel a need to tell their credit limit? I surely dont want to know. And most likely, you did not get the card to have a certain credit limit.
I'm surprised someone actually got their 50K already. In the e-mail for Signature, it says it takes 6-8 weeks to post for both activities.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Depends where you're starting from:

AA: JFK, MIA, DFW
JL: LAX (but only to GRU)
IB: MAD
BA: LHR
LA: SCL

Hi,

I'll probably do MIA for this as I'm in FLA. Wonder what would be the total miles needed..

Obrigado!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:08 pm

According to the BA web site, It is 40K return USA to South America. Biz class is 2X and first class is 3X.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
According to the BA web site, It is 40K return USA to South America. Biz class is 2X and first class is 3X.
That would work. I assume it can be done with AA from MIA and no crazy fuel charges?

Hope so as this will be perfect for 2 of us!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blade107
That would work. I assume it can be done with AA from MIA and no crazy fuel charges?
Yes.

Do you have 1 or 2 cards, btw? (I'd be tempted to go for J.)
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Yes.

Do you have 1 or 2 cards, btw? (I'd be tempted to go for J.)
One card, we're ok with economy and the stay will be 3 weeks so plenty of time to relax. I just wanna make sure fees will be manageable. I just got the card and have never used BA miles
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
I did not receive an e-mail that stated I would receive the 50/50k offer, but when I called chase to confirm the bonus, they said I would receive it. Did anyone else not receive the e-mail?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:42 am

Here is a good one for you... Just called to activate the card and without asking anything or even saying one word, statement like this was read to me.
"Your card is now activated, you will get 50k after your first purchase and if you want to get another 50k all you need to do is make a single purchase of $2000". I thought the rep just made a mistake saying that but ones she was done she repeated, again without me asking "Make sure it is ONE purchase for $2000", I didn't say anything and thought that I read the terms wrong, looked through again and nowhere do I see that in terms. What do you think?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by trupper999
all you need to do is make a single purchase of $2000". I thought the rep just made a mistake saying that but ones she was done she repeated, again without me asking "Make sure it is ONE purchase for $2000", I didn't say anything and thought that I read the terms wrong, looked through again and nowhere do I see that in terms. What do you think?
He was just trying to make your life easier; a single purchase of 2000 dollar coins is a lot easier to account for than 3 months of groceries, gas, and business expenses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.