Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Nov 21, 09, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
Applied on Tue Nov 17th online, called the 800 number on Wed evening and was approved for $25,000. FICO score 840. No churning. 30 years of excellent credit history.

Going to Mauricius............soon.
Ba now flies directly to the Maldives. Another great option for the BA points!

Cheers!
Old Nov 21, 09, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
Ba now flies directly to the Maldives. Another great option for the BA points!

Cheers!
Not such a hot redemption IMO:

-(from SFO in J, RT), 180k miles + $961
-need to get yourself from LHR to LGW
Old Nov 21, 09, 1:59 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
i just called to confirm the bonus miles + fee. The lady seemed really confirdent that the $75 fee for the first year is waived..guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old Nov 21, 09, 2:07 pm

Called on Thursday and was asked if I would reallocate my existing Chase lines of credit. Did so, but I have yet to see the card appear in my account's home page.

Also, the automated 800 line still says two weeks for a response. Is this typical after talking to their staff and then getting approved after the reallocation?
Old Nov 21, 09, 2:13 pm

Platinum card < $5000 credit limit
Signature card > $5000 credit limit

It shouldn't affect the bonus though.
Old Nov 21, 09, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
My response was to a reward to Mauritius. The Maldives are the same amount of miles to redeem, taxes and fuel surcharges are equivalent. Also, now that BA flies directly from Gatwick you do not have to connect in the Middle East or some other third world country to get there. Transfer between LHR and GTW is 36 pounds roundtrip. BA also allows stopovers in each direction.

Cheers!
Old Nov 21, 09, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejs621 View Post
My response was to a reward to Mauritius. The Maldives are the same amount of miles to redeem, taxes and fuel surcharges are equivalent. Also, now that BA flies directly from Gatwick you do not have to connect in the Middle East or some other third world country to get there. Transfer between LHR and GTW is 36 pounds roundtrip. BA also allows stopovers in each direction.

Cheers!
The sad truth is, in recent years lots of coral reef died in that part of the world.

Without the spectacular underwater wonder, the top part of those islands are not a lot different than other tropical islands which are much closer to reach.
Old Nov 21, 09, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
How long does it take for the first 50.000 miles to post? Does anyone know?
Old Nov 21, 09, 3:14 pm

My card did show up on my Chase homepage, several days before it arrived in the mail --- and before it was activated.

I applied for two cards (my two college-age children, one employed, one a student). I applied around Nov. 5, and both got approved in about 3 days. My daughter's card showed up on her Chase page a day or two later, and the cards arrived about 9 days afrter initial application. (I think the kids got approved because Chase asked for household income, not individual income, but that is just a guess. My kids have very little, if any, credit history.)

One kid was approved for $22k, and the other kid (with no prior credit card experience) got approved for $5k. Both kids received Signature cards.

We have been using the two cards for about a week. No annual fees have been posted (yet) to the two cards.

So far, so good!
Old Nov 21, 09, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by mrpickles View Post
You probably would not show any accounts on line untill you receive the card and "activate" the card upon receipt. "Approval" and "activation" are two differant steps.
Mrs. USAFAN got approved and the new account is showing on the Chase online website. She has not yet received the card in the mail.
Old Nov 21, 09, 4:35 pm

Got my card!

Yes! I finally got the Visa Signature card in the mail today (approved on the 15th). I already put $400 on the card (recurring bills) and don't think I'll have a problem meeting the 2k spend 3 months since I have more expenses coming up.

When I called to activate the card, the rep didn't mention the sign-on bonus but I guess that's implied. (I'm not too worried since I applied directly through the 100k link). He kept mentioning that I'm getting a great card with great benefits. I didn't even bother asking about the annual fee, so I was quite happy when he said that my annual fee is waived (and it's not done for everyone). No idea why, but it sounds like that the annual fee is NOT something he has any control over - just some data he's looking at in the system.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I used to be a Chase customer not too long ago and I had paid annual fees for maybe 2 to 3 years on those credit cards. It's nice to get the fee waived for a change.
Old Nov 21, 09, 5:02 pm

Haven't pulled the trigger yet because I was looking for flights from CLE to SEA. Seems that when I go through the BA site, it will only find CLE-ORD-LHR-SEA which seems mighty inefficient if you ask me. Anyway to limit searching for AA metal only?
Old Nov 21, 09, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by DVDBob View Post
Anyway to limit searching for AA metal only?
Sure. Use www.aa.com Find the flt. you want and then call BA & see if it's available.
Old Nov 21, 09, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL, NW, BA, UN, US, CO, AA
Be careful you don't lose the miles

Originally Posted by Spainontheair View Post
That's what I was trying to explain. Of course $75 is not a big deal. It's the fact that they gave it to others. And do not misunderstand me. I am glad for those that did get the fee waived. I am upset because I could not get the same deal.

And this card was going to be a good fit for me, for the companion certificate. I am going to be flying ORD-LHR several times a year, some with my wife, so it would have been great to book 1 award business ticket and get 2. But as I said, I only care for their card if they care for my business.

Someone was concerned about maybe Chase starting an audit. I already called once, so that is all. I tried but was denied, so I move on. I am not going to spend any more time on this. Plus I don't think CSRs have any decision on waiving fees, so if it is company policy, those who did get their fees waived should be fine.

I got the card activated 3 days ago, and already put over $2,000 on the card. I will report how long it takes to get miles posted in my BA account.
Be careful! I imagine Chase/BA are watching things on this one. If you cancel the card too early, you might lose the miles AND be out the $75.

I tried asking Chase to give me 50k if I used $2k on my current card in the next 90 days but they said no. The offered me 2000 bonus miles NOT to cancel my current card but I declined and canceled it.

BA never seriously responded to me until I tweeted about it and told them they'd lost me as a customer. Then they tweeted back that I could direct message and they'd see if they could help but when I asked the same thing re: the 50K bonus for $2 in spending OR as a bonus for a paid BA metal flight MCO-LGW prior to December 21st, 2009, they never responded.

In my case, it's really the BA customer service (or lack thereof) that finalized my decision. Chase has always been pretty good to me--at least in as much as any evil global corporation can be...

Blue Skies everyone!
Old Nov 21, 09, 8:39 pm

Talking SCORED

I called 888-245-0625 and talked to a CSR and he said since I have 2 other Chase credit cards that my application was pending waiting on income verification.

But if I wanted to change one of my Chase cards to a BA Chase he could approve it now. @:-)

I jumped on it and got rid of the sorry no good Sapphire card that I never got my 15,000 sign up points on.

I scored 2x on this, Wife got a account and now I have a account, 200,000 points very soon, THANKS OP!!

Maui here we come Summer 2010!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: