Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Nov 5, 09, 5:26 pm

Got the same page after completing my app.

I have Debix, so I should be getting a call on my "special phone number" asking for my "special passphrase" to allow access to my credit file.
Old Nov 5, 09, 5:45 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Trying to look for an excuse to go for the card but so far no luck. BA is not useful out of PDX not to mention the exorbitant fuel charges even if it were. How about any transfer opportunities? Can you transfer BA miles into any hotel programs like you can with AA? I would definitely go for the card if that was the case but I haven't found any such opportunities...
Old Nov 5, 09, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Just applied and also got the 15 day response after I completed the application. Not usually one to jump on most CC offers but I just could not pass this up since BA flies out of all three airports that I use for international flights (BWI, PHL and IAD).

Originally Posted by justind View Post
Could someone supply a link to the page, I'm getting nothing following the click on "executive club" "news and offers route" Thanks.--JD
I would think that you have to be logged into your account since the offer is currently only supposed to be open for current Executive Club members.
Old Nov 5, 09, 6:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Visa Platinum Receiving Bonus?

One concern I do have is in the terms:

"1 You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established."

Chase has the same sort of clause with the Chase United Mileage Plus Visa card--and back in college when I applied for a 20,000 mile bonus offer for the Signature card, I was given the Platinum card--and the bonus as well.

Any experiences with Chase and the BA Executive Club Visa in this regard? In the event that someone is denied the Signature card but approved for the Platinum card, will he/she still receive the 100,000 bonus and the companion certificate (with $30,000 in spending)?
Old Nov 5, 09, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by brasov02 View Post
Trying to look for an excuse to go for the card but so far no luck. BA is not useful out of PDX not to mention the exorbitant fuel charges even if it were. How about any transfer opportunities? Can you transfer BA miles into any hotel programs like you can with AA? I would definitely go for the card if that was the case but I haven't found any such opportunities...
How about just using the 100,000 BA miles for award travel on AA and/or AS?
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:10 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
How about just using the 100,000 BA miles for award travel on AA and/or AS?
It sounds like, with what others have said, BA doesn't give you many, if any, options for non-BA metal. If I knew I had a good chance of getting some cheap AA award I would definitely go for it. So is there some trick to getting an AA, or AS award via the BA booking? My BA learning curve here is pretty much a flat line thus far...
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
It sounds like, with what others have said, BA doesn't give you many, if any, options for non-BA metal. If I knew I had a good chance of getting some cheap AA award I would definitely go for it. So is there some trick to getting an AA, or AS award via the BA booking? My BA learning curve here is pretty much a flat line thus far...
I'm not a BA expert, but it seems that you can redeem for the (overpriced) oneworld award even if BA metal awards are available. It would be nice if someone can confirm this. Also, can you get non-TATL AA metal awards if BA metal is available? Is pricing for this different from the oneworld awards?
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
I'm not a BA expert, but it seems that you can redeem for the (overpriced) oneworld award even if BA metal awards are available. It would be nice if someone can confirm this. Also, can you get non-TATL AA metal awards if BA metal is available? Is pricing for this different from the oneworld awards?
For example, IB-only and AY-only award tickets for US-Europe travel from Zone ABC to Zone XYZ price out the same in miles as they would if on a BA-only US-Europe award tickets for Zone ABC-Zone XYZ trip.
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:32 pm

I've used BA miles for award travel between the US and South America on AA-only and LA-only itineraries.
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA-1MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
I've used BA miles for award travel between the US and South America on AA-only and LA-only itineraries.
I have as well. BA availability on AA tends to be similar to whats shown on AA.com although I haven't been able to get BA to ticket convoluted routings that AA would (e.g. JFK-DFW-MIA-SSA). Also its worth noting that BA change/redeposit fees for award tickets are much less than for awards using AA miles.
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by bennytma View Post
I have as well. BA availability on AA tends to be similar to whats shown on AA.com although I haven't been able to get BA to ticket convoluted routings that AA would (e.g. JFK-DFW-MIA-SSA). Also its worth noting that BA change/redeposit fees for award tickets are much less than for awards using AA miles.
... and no rapid redemption fee for booking awards on short notice either. [Just make sure to book your award travel at least one full business day (or maybe two) before your desired date of departure.]
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis President
A good use of BA miles is 100k in J NA to East Asia or 150k in F (can fly CX, JL or AA) or South America 80k in J or 120k in F (LA or AA)
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
pdx-sea-lhr and return. Fees & taxes look to be about $166. Add the annual c.c. fee and it looks like a good deal. Or use on AA & AS. Of course, you could just churn the CITI AA card and get 30K miles a month with no c.c. fees.
Old Nov 5, 09, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
For example, IB-only and AY-only award tickets for US-Europe travel from Zone ABC to Zone XYZ price out the same in miles as they would if on a BA-only US-Europe award tickets for Zone ABC-Zone XYZ trip.
Does BA let you redeem for other airlines even if there is BA metal available?
Old Nov 5, 09, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Does BA let you redeem for other airlines even if there is BA metal available?
Yes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: