Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
No email, no call at all after app submission. Checked on existing Chase account one week later. Voila, Chase BA cc showed up. ^
But have not received card yet! Strange?

Edit to add: Have received card today.

Last edited by allset2travel; Nov 25, 2009 at 8:53 pm Reason: Add comment
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by allset2travel
No email, no call at all after app submission. Checked on existing Chase account one week later. Voila, Chase BA cc showed up. ^
But have not received card yet! Strange?
Not really. It is in my chase account too, but I have yet to receive the card.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:14 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Mr. Mastodon Flyer
What do you eat during the 20 days per month you're on the road?
And does the company repay the hotels? No charging the hotels then getting a reimbursement through an expense report?

I received my card yesterday. Already charged $1,580
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Mirage777
I submitted my application online on November 7th, and finally got the message from the automated 800# that I was approved on November 19th. I guess they must be really backlogged with applications.
Sigh...I applied on Day 1 and am still waiting.

Mike
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by dinosims
So I got a letter today saying that the application was denied, and the reason it gave was "Income not supported by credit bureau data". It was my understanding that the credit report has no info about income, only info regarding your credit lines....so how could they possibly be able to give that as a reason?

If I was to hazard a guess, the software used in the decisioning processes is looking at overall limits and/or payments made relative to minimum required payment. Remember that the bureaus report the minimum as well as have fields for what the last payment amount happened to have been.

There is certainly enough data there to make some inferences about monthly income...
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I accidentally keep overpaying my insurance bills and my company keeps sending me paper check refunds
How do you prepay your insurance? Unless you can do bill pay from your card as a push... I am not sure Chase cards have such ability.

Our insurance company is State Farm which only started online payment about 2 years ago. It only allows you to pay either the Exact Amount, or the Exact Installment Amount. Once the balance is 0, no more payment is accepted.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife got her card and called to activate.

No annual fee for the first year.

But, as with other cards we have, they claim they can't set the cash advance limit to zero. They did say that if we don't choose a PIN, then no one can cash advance on it. So we'll see.

Hoping I get approved any day . . .
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:48 am

So, I don't recommend applying if you're out of the country. I was in England when I applied two weeks ago, and they sent me a letter asking for verification of my mailing address w/ copy of bill or driver's license. Sent it in, and now awaiting decision.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
for all those waiting for an approval, give them a call and they will process it quicker. i applied for mine yesterday and called them today. the analyst told me that i had the max amount of credit but if i reduced the credit line on one of my other chase cards they could approve it.

here's the number to call:

888-270-2127
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oneeyejack
for all those waiting for an approval, give them a call and they will process it quicker. i applied for mine yesterday and called them today. the analyst told me that i had the max amount of credit but if i reduced the credit line on one of my other chase cards they could approve it.

here's the number to call:

888-270-2127
I was about to do this for mine, but I just called the other number (800-945-2006) and found I was approved. Smaller credit limit than my wife, but I can handle it.

Yay! 200,000 miles, here we come!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:10 am

yay approved. applied 3 days ago.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:30 am

anybody get 50,000 miles for first use??

i used my card yesterday....
i haven't gotten it yet...
does it taek 6 to 8 weeks?
is there any ways to get those miles faster?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by krnboitae
anybody get 50,000 miles for first use??

i used my card yesterday....
i haven't gotten it yet...
Are you being serious?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:43 am
Suspended

Well I got my CC today, only bad thing is it has my BA acct# on it, why is that bad cause I left it blank on purpose so that a new BA # would be given so that way I would get the full bonus of 100K. I had the CC in the past.

I will still do the $2k just in case , since I dont want to chance it that I could have gotten it had I charged the $2k. Yea I can wait and see if the 1st 50k comes thru but by then its very iffy if I will have enough time to get the full 2k spent and in before the 93 day deadline of which 12 days have already ticked off the clock.

My original plan was get the full 100k, CX the CC, then call BA and have both accts combined. Now all I may end up with is 2k in miles and 2k less in *W pts

Last edited by craz; Dec 1, 2009 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by michelle227
If I was to hazard a guess, the software used in the decisioning processes is looking at overall limits and/or payments made relative to minimum required payment. Remember that the bureaus report the minimum as well as have fields for what the last payment amount happened to have been.

There is certainly enough data there to make some inferences about monthly income...
Every payment on every revolving credit card in my report has been paid in full every month. I'm not sure I see how that they would be able to determine my income from that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.