Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susieling
Thanks for the idea!

Another question, when flying with partner airline (say CX), will the CX-codeshare flight (such as KA) also be considered as the same qualified partner airline?

Thanks
Partners own metals only. However KA is 100% owned by CX, so I imagine KA is also a partner, as KA flights are eligible for AA's OW award redemption because of the 100% CX sub status.

However, I would still check BA's own rules to understand the fine prints.

People really need to go to the Actual Source of the Information to read and understand the rules - because if it does not work the way you thought "Oh, but that is how I am told on FT, ... " What are you going to do?

There is a BA forum on FT, and there is an excellent sticky Ultimate BA Guides - one of the topic is Airline Partners.

If you still dont want to research such on BA's own site, at least you should go read the BA Guide in BA forum.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 18, 2009 at 2:23 pm
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
When you do a search on BA.com and you click on the include partners option, KA is listed along with JAL and CX itself.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Applied for the Mrs. and myself on Sunday 11.15.09... Just called the verification # and still getting the "Decision in writing within 2 Weeks" recorded message...

Low and behold, this afternoon arrive two message in my email inbox that are my "Welcome to the British Airways Executive Club." with Member numbers and such (seperate emails for the wife and I).

I suspect that 's a good sign that my apps were, or will be approved.

SW2
Old Nov 18, 2009, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by SuperW2
Applied for the Mrs. and myself on Sunday 11.15.09... Just called the verification # and still getting the "Decision in writing within 2 Weeks" recorded message...

Low and behold, this afternoon arrive two message in my email inbox that are my "Welcome to the British Airways Executive Club." with Member numbers and such (seperate emails for the wife and I).

SW2
From the terms and conditions: You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club programme. If you are not already a member, you will be enrolled automatically if you are approved for the British Airways Visa.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, BA, AA, Hawaiian, Cont.
Originally Posted by chuckd
From the terms and conditions: You must be a member of the British Airways Executive Club programme. If you are not already a member, you will be enrolled automatically if you are approved for the British Airways Visa.
I was NOT already member, so I was enrolled as part of my approval (or so I have to assume since Chase still won't confirm or deny approval)
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:21 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Two Approvals Today

My bride and I had applied on the 6th of November with no news whatsoever. We called today to speak to a human breathing type person and found out that they were waiting for us to call????

We both have too many Chase cards, and they wanted to talk about reallocation and possible account cancellation. With minor adjustments we could easily agree to, we were both approved.

The number I called was 888-609-7805
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by USAFAN
.... was told by a lady agent at the credit department, that the "computer" will automatically send a refusal letter (if and when somebody applies in less then 6 month).
She is wrong. Many have been approved for a Chase card in the past 6 months and have been approved for this card.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by SuperW2

SW2
Indeed, it is! Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by ingy
My bride and I had applied on the 6th of November with no news whatsoever. We called today to speak to a human breathing type person and found out that they were waiting for us to call????

We both have too many Chase cards, and they wanted to talk about reallocation and possible account cancellation. With minor adjustments we could easily agree to, we were both approved.

The number I called was 888-609-7805
You'll probably get a letter from Chase asking you to call them.

Did you get a voice mail by any chance?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:26 pm

Applied Yesterday - called 888-609-7805 today to check status. Approved; located in MA.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:50 pm

This really should have been 3 threads:

1. The offer and details thereon.

2. Way to use BA miles, including details on routes, partners, fees, etc.

3. Application approval results.

With 750 posts under our belts, I think it's too late to break the thread up. The app results will make this many pages of reading every day for a while.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:54 pm

Programs: Continental One Pass, British Airways Executive Club
Just another anecdote. Got my new card today, called to activate and told $75 fee was waived for the first year. WOO HOO. Time to start spending that $2000. Wife's card should be here in a couple days. (If only we could pay our mortgage with the card...)
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I applied for the BA card today (I had just been approved for the CO account last week). I called the 888 number and I was told the app. was declined because I just opened a CO account last week. She told me that you can only open one account in 6 months. The agent I spoke to earlier (before applying) had told me that I could apply for another account eventhough I was approved for the CO account last week. The agent (the one who told me my app was declined) said one option would be to close the CO acct and open the BA acct.

Interesting point - the CO app pulled from Transunion and the BA acct pulled from Experian.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:01 pm

I'm still running the numbers but my early take goes like this:

Even with the 100,000 points, there's not much here if you want to fly TATL in economy. Get one card and spend $2,000 and you'll get 2 free tickets TATL. Those "free" flights will each cost you about $400 in fees, plus $37 of annual fees on the card (if they don't waive it) allocated to the 2 flights. The cost of purchased flights vary by routing and time of year but you can usually get to London from the US for $550-700, so the savings aren't much. Add in BA's shoddy treatment of non-status economy customers (eg. lack of advance seat assignments), and I'm using my CC spending elsewhere.

Clearly Business Class is another story. Those 100,000 miles will get you TATL in C for $75 in annual fees and about $500 in fees and taxes. That's a deal.

I'm still chewing over the 30K spend for a free companion ticket. Again, I think economy is a waste, so I'm looking hard at C. 30K of spending gets me a 10k bonus on SPG, which amounts to a 50K transfer to most of the airlines Starwood covers (plus a bump in statis on Starwood itself). I need to look further to see if I want to marry BA and Chase this much.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Nov 19, 2009 at 7:03 am Reason: Correction
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:31 pm

I posted 9 pages ago and didn't see or missed the answers to my questions.

1) After spending $30k and receiving the free companion ticket, does anybody know the expiration date of the companion ticket?
2) Do I still have to have the BA Chase Visa open to be able to use that companion ticket?
3) How do I go about combining/creating a household account on BA?
4) If I create a household account but later decide that I want to use the miles on a partner airline, will I still be able to use the combined miles or only the individual account's miles on the partner airline?

If somebody wouldn't mind responding (assuming anybody knows the answers), I would appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.