Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Happy
The Quickest and Easiest Way, IMO, is to go to BA website, pull up its award charts and it would immediately dawn on you, what types of redemption would be most beneficial for US-based flyers.

Such options naturally have been discussed many times on this thread with more illustrating examples.
Award chart was not easy to find on BA, but I did find it eventually the other day. I don't fly domestically that much so I did not look closely at those flights.

It would be very beneficial to everyone if the original poster would summarize much of the rules and put them in the 1st post like other forums do...
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by bsb21
Most of us here dont plan on flying economy on BA.
True... I'll admit, however, that I enjoy flying more often than I do flying in the front of the bus. I fly economy unless i'm on the company dime or using 500 mile upgrades.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Award chart was not easy to find on BA, but I did find it eventually the other day. I don't fly domestically that much so I did not look closely at those flights.

It would be very beneficial to everyone if the original poster would summarize much of the rules and put them in the 1st post like other forums do...
I dont find BA charts difficult to find or understand. They are listed under Spend BA Miles, and the subcategories are very clearly defined.

Besides, award charts DONT list "Flights" - they give you definition of geographic regions, and mileage requirement from one region to the other.

1) Regarding International travel, how about Asia and South America? Or even Europe, BA has other partners fly to Europe from US.

If you have really studied the award charts, there are plenty of international options one can use that dont need to be on BA metals.

2) It may be asking too much for the OP - that he to spend much more time to put up a summary (and then later being complained at if there are any info not accurate / correct / outdated )... Yes, it is very nice for someone to do that and then saves others, especially the newbies lots of time. But, it is also asking others to do the legwork for you...

Last edited by Happy; Nov 18, 2009 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Since I wasn't familiar with the BA program when I heard about this deal I did a lot of research on the BA website. I didn't find the website to be confusing but everyone is different. I also saw a link somewhere on FT that referenced a GREAT FT thread that give lots of info on BA:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-ba-guide.html

This part specifically covers spending miles and the part on Partner awards is listed at the bottom:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/8172633-post14.html

Hopefully this will be useful to those that still don't get the program or the rewards....even though I'm sure someone will ask the same question two pages further into this long thread after I posted.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:32 am

1) How about Asia and South America? Or even Europe. BA has other partners fly to Europe from US.

If you have really studied the award charts, there are plenty of international options one can use that dont need to be on BA metals.

2) It may be asking too much for the OP - that he to spend much more time to put up a summary (and then later being complained at if there are any info not accurate / correct / outdated )... Yes, it is very nice for someone to do that and then saves others, especially the newbies lots of time. But, it is also asking others to do the legwork for you...
Yeah, wish this forum had the wiki entry as the 2nd post like slickdeals.net does so that anyone could up date it.

yes, I'm a BA newbie still...
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Since I wasn't familiar with the BA program when I heard about this deal I did a lot of research on the BA website. I didn't find the website to be confusing but everyone is different. I also saw a link somewhere on FT that referenced a GREAT FT thread that give lots of info on BA:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-ba-guide.html

This part specifically covers spending miles and the part on Partner awards is listed at the bottom:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/8172633-post14.html

Hopefully this will be useful to those that still don't get the program or the rewards....even though I'm sure someone will ask the same question two pages further into this long thread after I posted.
Good links, thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
As the OP I posted the original article by gleff so that other FTers could get in on the deal. I didn't realize when I posted that I'd be responsible for constant updates and summaries. I've kept up with the 750+ posts and added pertinent info to the OP, including most recently a link to "The Ultimate BA guide". It would be preferable if this thread were confined to the BA VISA offer and not to BA mileage redemption in general, which is discussed elsewhere on FT at great length. If other posters feel that additional information should be added to the 1st post, feel free to PM me.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
So the three redemption options involving partner airlines include:

* One partner airline only (not British Airways)
* British Airways plus a partner airline
* Two or more oneworld airlines

If I want to get a reward ticket from SEA to HKG, I guess it won't work? There will be more than one partner airline involved - Alaska or Horizon on the regional route and Cathay or JAL on the TPAC route.

* One partner airline only (not British Airways)

More than one partner airline needed, so this will not work

* British Airways plus a partner airline

No BA is involved, so this will not work

* Two or more oneworld airlines

Only AA/BA flies from SEA and they head East, so this will not work to connect to TPAC flights....

Am I correct? Thanks all.
I have the same concern, can someone please confirm -- if I need to fly between SEA and China, I can't fly with "Only One" partner airline without BA (or any other oneworld airline) help with the domestic section of putting me from SEA to one of the port airport such as SFO, so basically I can't take advantage of the 50k parnter airline redemption option?

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:52 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by susieling
I have the same concern, can someone please confirm -- if I need to fly between SEA and China, I can't fly with "Only One" partner airline without BA (or any other oneworld airline) help with the domestic section of putting me from SEA to one of the port airport such as SFO, so basically I can't take advantage of the 50k parnter airline redemption option?

Thanks
Just buy a ticket from SEA to SFO.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
As the OP I posted the original article by gleff so that other FTers could get in on the deal. I didn't realize when I posted that I'd be responsible for constant updates and summaries. I've kept up with the 750+ posts and added pertinent info to the OP, including most recently a link to "The Ultimate BA guide". It would be preferable if this thread were confined to the BA VISA offer and not to BA mileage redemption in general, which is discussed elsewhere on FT at great length. If other posters feel that additional information should be added to the 1st post, feel free to PM me.
j3brooklyn:

Thanks for starting this thread ...and thanks for reminding to stay on the topic 100,000 miles for the new BA CHASE VISA!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by susieling

Thanks
unless they let you fly SEA-ORD-PVG or something then you can use one airline which i highly doubt they will let you do.

drive or take the quick shuttle to vancouver (YVR) you can then take CX or JL to mainland china via HKG/NRT respectively. It's not too difficult. Just adds a couple hours and maybe $ 60 which isnt a big deal IMO
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by USAFAN
j3brooklyn:

Thanks for starting this thread ...and thanks for reminding to stay on the topic 100,000 miles for the new BA CHASE VISA!
Ok, agreed... sorry about the tangent .
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
I for one, am very grateful for your post to alert us about this offer.

For no moment I would expect you to update the original post, nor to provide a Wiki. Anyone who would consider this card should do his own homework to research PERTINENT information so to justify if this is a good deal for him.

I do agree it might be better to have 2 separate threads - one relates to the application / meeting spending requirement, the other relates to the optimal usage of the miles. But then since the benefits have to be "determined" first before one makes a decision whether to apply or not - even if there are 2 threads, posts on possibilities of redemption would still inevitably find their way to the Card thread, unfortunately.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262
unless they let you fly SEA-ORD-PVG or something then you can use one airline which i highly doubt they will let you do.

drive or take the quick shuttle to vancouver (YVR) you can then take CX or JL to mainland china via HKG/NRT respectively. It's not too difficult. Just adds a couple hours and maybe $ 60 which isnt a big deal IMO
Thanks for the idea!

Another question, when flying with partner airline (say CX), will the CX-codeshare flight (such as KA) also be considered as the same qualified partner airline?

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:08 pm

... But then since the benefits have to be "determined" first before one makes a decision whether to apply or not - even if there are 2 threads, posts on possibilities of redemption would still inevitably find their way to the Card thread, unfortunately.
Correct... which is why the very basics of what BA miles can get you is worth mentioning in here to me. Many people that aren't big BA people are hearing of this deal and don't know whether 100k is worth it or not. But whatever...

Easy to read one person talking about $390 fees and then another saying 4 domestic flights for $5 fee or whatever and get confused. Not going to waste a hard credit pull for something that costs me nearly $800 to use. Now I know otherwise, but sorry I didn't take the time to read all 50 pages to figure out who is wrong and who is right... Thank you for your posts that had the helpful info I was looking for though, Happy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.