Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Approved

Called this AM & I'm approved. Two days ago I was denied, for the first time, for my umpteenth CITI AA card. I also got a pretty high limit-$20K. FYI, I have only one Chase card, which I've had for a couple years.

800-945-2006
then press #, then 1, then enter your SSN.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 14, 2009 at 12:23 pm
Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
For those who have a fraud alert on your credit file, I believe you'll get the default waiting period as Chase will not be able to access your credit file.

I just got a call from Chase to get approval to access my file (after answering some pretty detailed questions) and I applied on the 6th or 7th.
I have an alert. I just got a letter from Chase yesterday, asking me to call. I'll call on Monday, unlock the file, and hopefully be done.

My wife has no alert. She got approved a few days ago.

Hopefully, I'll be 200K miles richer, very soon. Although US Mint issues may delay that a bit.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
4 of us applied on 11/6. 2 had the "we received your application on 11/6... 2 weeks" message initially and the message changed to "congratulations..." on 11/11. The other 2 had the "...7-10 days" message with no application date mentioned and just received letters requesting proof of address so will be sending utility bills on Monday.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
with all the bank mergers thru the years, i now have 4 different chase c.c. but they are all at least 1 to 3 years old- if i get denied can i just ask chase to change one of my other cards to this BA card? will that work?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:28 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Applied 11/7, kept calling 800-945-2006, said "wait 7-10 days" until today when it said, "approved."
Old Nov 14, 2009, 4:11 pm

Just got the card -- time to start charging. 100K miles, here I come.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by lookin4miles
Just got the card -- time to start charging. 100K miles, here I come.
What date did you apply and what area of the country do you live in? I applied Monday, got approved Tuesday, and am anxiously awaiting arrival of the card. I have a $2000 "urgent" purchase I'm going to have to make this week. Just trying to figure out how long I should wait for the card after approval.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: United 1P; AA Gold; National EE; SPG Plat; HH Gold; Fairmont Plat
I'm a long time reader and hopefully my first post will be helpful to somebody.

I applied on 10/12 online and called the 800 number and got the 30 days message.

When I called the 888 number later that day, I was told by a rep that I was denied because 1) my credit history was only 5 years and I had two hard pulls this year. Both of these reasons did not make sense and I offered to take a low credit limit etc. but I was still refused.

I called back again on the 13th and they reiterated what the first person said and said that even though I have excellent credit, they couldn't approve me.

Here is the point:

I called back again tonight and said spoke to a nice lady who when I explained that I wanted to switch my business to chase etc. and that I had wanted to switch from Citibank for a while put me on hold and after a few minutes came back and said that I was approved albeit for only 3500 but still that is enough for me to get the 100,000 miles

Bottom Line: If you call the 888 number and get denied - be persistent and
you might get approved with the right rep.

Thanks to all the posters for all the valuable info.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:04 pm

It looks like they are waiving the 75 dollar fee the first year. Applied last friday (6th) and got the card today. I called to activate the card and the rep noted the fee was waived for the first year.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaichief
It looks like they are waiving the 75 dollar fee the first year. Applied last friday (6th) and got the card today. I called to activate the card and the rep noted the fee was waived for the first year.
That would be amazing! Can anyone else who got their card already confirm that?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Applied on 11/7, called today and got an interesting message that I have two apps on file, one this one on 11/7 and my CO card on 10/17 and my app is still being reviewed and an answer will be mailed to me within two weeks. Hope my CO card does not deny me!

My wife applied on 11/9 and today we received a letter asking for copy of SS card and a copy of another ID. It goes out in the mail on Monday and she should be all set.

I am not being too hopeful on mine...I think the CO card within 30 days may end up screwing me!
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
I was denied because I just received a CO card less then 30 days ago.

The reson(s) for our decision are as follows"
"Too many credit or loan accounts have been open recently"
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:45 pm

were all of you targeted? when i was inquiring about the domestic option, she said that if you were not targeted, you'll only get 50K, not 100,000.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bam Man Emeril
were all of you targeted? when i was inquiring about the domestic option, she said that if you were not targeted, you'll only get 50K, not 100,000.
Which company did you talk to? BA or Chase?

Anyone applies thru the CORRECT link would receive the same bonuses:

The first 50K is after First transaction.

The extra 50K is AFTER you spend $2000 within a defined period (first 3 months.)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nwa330
I was denied because I just received a CO card less then 30 days ago.

The reson(s) for our decision are as follows"
"Too many credit or loan accounts have been open recently"
I'm guessing there may be a different, or more complex, reason. I've opened 4 new accts. in the last 5 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.