Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by USAFAN
TravelinWilly:

Please explain. I have a BA Chase card ... and you will find me always in the "wood class", never got an upgrade.
Do you think you'd get an upgrade just because you held a Chase BA card? That's not what he meant. I believe that he was referring that the miles you can earn using the card can buy you upgrades.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
TravelinWilly:

Please explain. I have a BA Chase card ... and you will find me always in the "wood class", never got an upgrade.
Some were talking about canceling before the annual fee kicks in, but there was some uncertainty about the 241 deal still being available if the card was cx'ed. I was saying that if you need to pay the annual card fee for the 241, then it's likely a good idea to pay it for the benefit (companion ticket) received.

2 traveling in 1st or biz might have greater monetary benefit than 2 traveling in coach, depending on your perspective.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
Thinking about canceling now, was it a quick and easy phone call for those of you have done so?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: US,PC
Did anybody try to convert the card to something else say"freedom" and what was your experience?

Sorry it is a bit OT but thought this would be best place to post.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
From what I recall, the general consensus seems to be to retain the card until you've made your booking using the 241 but then ok to cancel afterwards. Chase aren't going to tell BA that you canceled your credit card surely?
The Terms & Conditions state that (1) you have to be a Chase cardholder to be eligible to receive a 2-4-1 voucher, and (2) at the time of travel, you have to continue to be eligible to receive the voucher.

If the consensus on this board conflicts with the Terms & Conditions, you might want to give some thought about which view may ultimately prevail.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidwu
Thinking about canceling now, was it a quick and easy phone call for those of you have done so?
You can use secured mail to cancel any Chase card. Piece of cake.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:50 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally I intended to cancel, but with the 3% fee on intl purchases being dropped, I will be keeping it! What an awesome feature.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Nov 4, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:05 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Originally I intended to cancel, but with the 3% fee on intl purchases being dropped, I will not be keeping it! What an awesome feature.
I assume you meant that you will be keeping it. This is certainly a great feature to the card. Gives me added incentive to keep it for one more year and ensure I am able to use my 2-4-1 voucher.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The Terms & Conditions state that (1) you have to be a Chase cardholder to be eligible to receive a 2-4-1 voucher, and (2) at the time of travel, you have to continue to be eligible to receive the voucher.

If the consensus on this board conflicts with the Terms & Conditions, you might want to give some thought about which view may ultimately prevail.
Still can't see how they'd enforce that.

Interesting report on input from Chase on another thread here.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
the 3% fee on intl purchases being dropped
AMRivlin, could you shed more light on this, please...
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by AsanteSana
AMRivlin, could you shed more light on this, please...
Check here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...tion-fees.html
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Note that any Capital One card offers fee-free international charging. So if you're keeping the BA card and it's annual fee for these purposes, you could do the same for free with Capital One. (No miles there though, of course).
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:13 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Thanks for the heads up, but I think most of us get into these revolving credit card games "for the perks" otherwise we would go with the lowest interest/fee structure. Usually the fee can be justified if the pay off is worth it (100,000 bonus with 10-30k annual earn)

If you imaging 2 business seats LAX-LHR cost 5k each, then the $75 fee for 1-2 years is well worth the cost and hassles of these credit cards.

I have a Canadian Credit Card that offers 1% back as a travel credit, and while that is better than nothing, I would prefer to pad my
United, American or British Airways accounts.

I only wish this had been like this prior to 2008 while I have lived overseas.

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Note that any Capital One card offers fee-free international charging. So if you're keeping the BA card and it's annual fee for these purposes, you could do the same for free with Capital One. (No miles there though, of course).
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Just got an email saying that foreign transaction fees are ending for the BA chase visa. I guess they were reading peoples' minds here (or just reading the posts). I just wish this happened before my 2-week trip to Italy a couple weeks ago. So this is yet another reason to keep the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.