Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:55 pm

prorated annual fee refund??
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vickh
prorated annual fee refund??
As soon as you take your first JL flight in J, you'll forget about the $75. (This deal is quite good.)
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
I just got my card too after applying about a month ago.

Yeah! I love Flyertalk!

"I'll meet you in the Club Class lounge, sweetie" - Patsy from AbFab
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
We'll go to Kawaii this coming June using 210K Ba miles for 6 tickets Lax-lih on
AA. Only paid $75 x 2 (annual fees) + $5 x 6 (taxes), totl $180, could easily cost us over $700x 6 = $4200.
Thank you FTs, you guys are great.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:52 pm

Here is the thing. Redeeming the award on BAEC's website, flying AA from mainland to Hawaii works out to be 35000 miles round trip per person. This is not the 25000 miles that I thought it would take for a round trip in the USA. Has anyone been able to book RT to Hawaii at 25K miles?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Muaroak
Here is the thing. Redeeming the award on BAEC's website, flying AA from mainland to Hawaii works out to be 35000 miles round trip per person. This is not the 25000 miles that I thought it would take for a round trip in the USA. Has anyone been able to book RT to Hawaii at 25K miles?
Hawaii's in a different zone, not sure why you expected to be able to book it for 25K. It's a higher level on basically every program out there.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:20 pm

Hawaii from Atlanta or SouthEast

I had been tossing around the idea of flying to Hawaii with my BA miles, but was not sure if there is a route eligible for Miles from my area. I am about 1.5 hours from Atlanta, GA and 3.5 from Jacksonville, FL and probably 2 to 3 hours from Birmingham, AL. I live just south of Macon, GA. I did some quick searches after logging into the Executive Club website and could find nothing for Atlanta to Honolulu. Does anyone know if it is possible to get out there from my area short of paying for my own tickets to somewhere like Dallas or Los Angeles and then flying? I probably won't fly out there until next winter, but I am just trying to figure out my options with these miles as Europe is one, but don't care to pay the massive fees when I could fly to Hawaii for next to nothing...
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by alexyoung59
I had been tossing around the idea of flying to Hawaii with my BA miles, but was not sure if there is a route eligible for Miles from my area. I am about 1.5 hours from Atlanta, GA and 3.5 from Jacksonville, FL and probably 2 to 3 hours from Birmingham, AL. I live just south of Macon, GA. I did some quick searches after logging into the Executive Club website and could find nothing for Atlanta to Honolulu. Does anyone know if it is possible to get out there from my area short of paying for my own tickets to somewhere like Dallas or Los Angeles and then flying? I probably won't fly out there until next winter, but I am just trying to figure out my options with these miles as Europe is one, but don't care to pay the massive fees when I could fly to Hawaii for next to nothing...
Assuming AA flies from Atlanta, Jacksonville, or Birmingham, there is no reason why you cannot use your BA miles to get to Hawaii. The only limiting factor will be availability, which there seems to be none of. Try searching on AA.com and call BA to book if necessary.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Muaroak
Hawaii is NEVER in the North America zone for every program, including AA, CO, UA, US and whoever you can name. North America zone means US lower 48, Canada, and Alaska.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need to search AA website to find the availability first. Then call BA to give the exact flights for the agent to check. They usually match. Unless AA does not fly from any of your possible origin city, you should be able to go to Hawaii on AA metal.

You would have to connect at ORD or DFW just off the top of my head. BA is not able to show routes that require multiple connections.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:38 pm

I am just trying to figure out my options with these miles as Europe is one, but don't care to pay the massive fees when I could fly to Hawaii for next to nothing...
You can fly round-trip to Geneva in Business Class for $289 per person, or Paris for a few dollars more. Add a few more dollars, and you can spend a week in London on your way to Geneva (or Paris). Just in case your Hawaii trip doesn't work out...
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Happy
You need to search AA website to find the availability first. Then call BA to give the exact flights for the agent to check. They usually match. Unless AA does not fly from any of your possible origin city, you should be able to go to Hawaii on AA metal.

You would have to connect at ORD or DFW just off the top of my head. BA is not able to show routes that require multiple connections.
You can now book your AA award flights on BA.COM.

I check and found seats for ATL-DWF-HNL for the May time frame.

10:00 3 May
11:35 3 May
Atlanta
Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas)
AA0668
American Airlines
Economy

Only 7 reward flight seat(s) left in this class

13:25 3 May
16:45 3 May
Honolulu
AA0005
American Airlines
Economy

1 flight connection, total journey time: 12 hours 45 minutes

17:15 10 May
05:35 11 May
Honolulu
AA0008
American Airlines
Economy

07:40 11 May
10:50 11 May
Atlanta
AA1250
American Airlines
Economy

1 flight connection, total journey time: 11 hours 35 minutes.

Last edited by sbc94523; Mar 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
Checked yesterday and the 100K award miles were posted in my account from the BA VISA promo.
Yippee!
How is everyone using those 100K to their most efficient use?

Splitting them up for UGs?

Redeeming the whole chunk for a RT award (eg N. America to SYD or N. America to CPE)?

Oh the possibilities!
Old Mar 21, 2010, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by sbc94523
You can now book your AA award flights on BA.COM.
Slightly OT, but I have found that availability on AA is much better with AA miles than with BA miles.
It would have been great if they were the same, because it would have eliminated the close-in fees that AA charges.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by sam-i-am
Slightly OT, but I have found that availability on AA is much better with AA miles than with BA miles.
It would have been great if they were the same, because it would have eliminated the close-in fees that AA charges.

General consensus seems to be that the BA engine does not show all of the availability, but if one calls w/ specific flight numbers you can get the availability that shows on aa.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.