Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Mar 15, 10, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by binjos View Post
Thank YOU. That will be helpful.

How do I search in Qantas for travel within USA using BA miles? For HOU to Hawaii?
Just use the AA site; it is the most accurate for AA flights. If AA opens seats for its own members (at the saver level), odds are high (though not 100%) that you can pick them up with BA miles. Same goes for CX, JL, QF, etc.
Old Mar 15, 10, 10:25 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, Fairmont Platinum (No Airline Status, a first in 7 years)
Does BA offer 1 way awards? And if they do, how does one find availability from SIN-HKG-YVR?
Old Mar 15, 10, 10:27 pm

How do I search in Qantas for travel within USA using BA miles? For HOU to Hawaii?
Did you try the AA site like I said? That's all you need to see Houston to Hawaii, and the interface is nice.

For QANTAS, you need to sign up with their program and then click on Awards.
Old Mar 15, 10, 10:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AMRivlin View Post
Does BA offer 1 way awards? And if they do, how does one find availability from SIN-HKG-YVR?
BA does, with half miles of a return award.
I would search asiamiles.com for each segment for availability - first search SIN-HKG and then search HKG-YVR. HKG-YVR can be VERY hard to come by as it is one of CX's most popular route. If you find a seat on the date you want, grab it ASAP.
Old Mar 15, 10, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMRivlin View Post
Yes. Search for availability on SIN-HKG and HKG-YVR. Then, once you find dates that work, try a SIN-YVR search or else book over the phone. Both segments need to be on CX.
Old Mar 15, 10, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
BA does, with half miles of a return award.
I would search asiamiles.com for each segment for availability - first search SIN-HKG and then search HKG-YVR. HKG-YVR can be VERY hard to come by as it is one of CX's most popular route. If you find a seat on the date you want, grab it ASAP.
JL is much easier to/from YVR, but I've heard they use older equipment on that route.
Old Mar 15, 10, 11:22 pm

Not too much out there to HNL in May, there *are* some good options if you are very flexible with your dates/length of trip. I just booked four tickets to HNL, it was quite the hassle finding availability. But then, I had to match two roundtrip coach BA awards with two PHL-HNL BA First awards and two HNL-PHL First awards, and was constricted to a 13 or 14 day trip. Was also constricted to connections in ORD and DFW, so we would have the 763 to HNL. Ended up having to go 2-3 weeks earlier than I wanted, but got it booked!

Good luck to you on your trip, let me know if you'll he on Oahu before May 11!
Old Mar 15, 10, 11:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
JL is much easier to/from YVR, but I've heard they use older equipment on that route.
That's right. I will fly JL the first time this Summer because I cannot find availability ex-YVR/SFO/LAX on the dates I want. JL flies the older 744s to YVR... I hope it is not that bad.

AMRivlin, if CX does not work, try SIN-NRT-YVR. As moondog mentions, JL is easier with YVR.

Last edited by buschoi; Mar 15, 10 at 11:59 pm
Old Mar 16, 10, 12:31 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, Fairmont Platinum (No Airline Status, a first in 7 years)
Ok, thanks. I am going to break this conversation out, so I can ask some specific One World questions.

If you have time, I will ask them here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post13584176
Old Mar 16, 10, 10:02 am

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Website

I like their website as you can search on your own rather going back and fourth with a rep on the phone. Of course there is a limited amount of reward seats out there now for late spring to early summer as Chase just flooded them with a ZILLION (no sure of the amount, but it's alot) reward miles and all these new members are trying to use every mile they have as quick as they can.
Old Mar 16, 10, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by dave209 View Post
Chase just flooded them with a ZILLION (no sure of the amount, but it's alot) reward miles and all these new members are trying to use every mile they have as quick as they can.
I notice that, too. Probably the new members' miles "inventory" is lower and they generally will have a need to use them right away.
Old Mar 16, 10, 2:16 pm

Crap...I just looked at my total after 3 months..$2034 spent but that did include the $75 fee. I call Chase and just asked if I qualified. They said yes(but I didn't ask if the fee was included). Anybody still get the miles that might have done this too? I am going to be pissed if I don't get them since I was adding up the balances from the statements.
Old Mar 16, 10, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grant75 View Post
Crap...I just looked at my total after 3 months..$2034 spent but that did include the $75 fee. I call Chase and just asked if I qualified. They said yes(but I didn't ask if the fee was included). Anybody still get the miles that might have done this too? I am going to be pissed if I don't get them since I was adding up the balances from the statements.
Nobody but yourself to blame, unfortunately.

Upthread someone did not get his 2nd 50K in 2nd month and later found out because excluded the $75 fee, he hadn't met the requirement. Lucky for him it was the 2nd month so he had time to make it up.

You need to read the T&Cs on what are qualified and what are not, for the purpose to meet the spending requirements.

As a rule of thumb for MOST reward cards, the annual fee is not qualified because that is not "spending", nor "purchase" - it is a fee to have the card.

If you receive bonuses, consider yourself extremely lucky. If you dont, good luck to fight this out with Chase.
Old Mar 16, 10, 8:06 pm

I take it you got your third statement and the bonus miles aren't posted?

Yeah, I mentioned this somewhere up-thread. For some reason, I had a brain freeze and counted the annual fee as part of my 2k spending. But because I've had a Chase United card for a few years, I thought something was way off when I didn't get my second bonus on my 2nd statement (after spending over 2k by the beginning of the 2nd month).

I contacted Chase with my calculations and a rep replied that I was not "qualified" for the bonus because I didn't meet the T&C of the offer (in a matter-of-fact way). Rep also calculated that I was $20 off from 2k in spending, after taking into account the annual fee (with no mention that I was still within the 90 days timeframe). Needless to say, I quickly charged more than $20 and waited anxiously for the final miles to post. And it did - this weekend.

Chase is a bit of a stickler when it comes T&C. If you can convince Chase to let you get the bonus, count yourself lucky. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Nobody but yourself to blame, unfortunately.

Upthread someone did not get his 2nd 50K in 2nd month and later found out because excluded the $75 fee, he hadn't met the requirement. Lucky for him it was the 2nd month so he had time to make it up.

You need to read the T&Cs on what are qualified and what are not, for the purpose to meet the spending requirements.

As a rule of thumb for MOST reward cards, the annual fee is not qualified because that is not "spending", nor "purchase" - it is a fee to have the card.

If you receive bonuses, consider yourself extremely lucky. If you dont, good luck to fight this out with Chase.

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Mar 16, 10 at 8:13 pm
Old Mar 16, 10, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Grant75 View Post
You're not the only person this has happened too. I have to admit that it recently happened to my wife too (which means ME since I handle the accts.). About 3 days after the 3rd statement posted, and the 50K didn't appear, she/I wrote an email & asked where the miles were. They wrote back and said you're $30 short because the $75 fee doesn't count. I was sick to my stomach. What a BIG goof, especially for a "veteran". We emailed them back, admitting our goof, and asked if we made some charges that day would they consider crediting her the miles. The rep. wrote back and said "YES". Wow! What a relief. Someone in the organization has a big heart. He sure didn't have to let her have the miles. We put about $500 in doctor bills (it's been a rough last 6 weeks) on the card that day. Two days later we wrote back and asked if he could see the charges. He said "Yes, and I'll add the miles, manually, when the next statement closes". We are very lucky.

So, don't give up. Email them and tell them you screwed up and ask for reconsideration. Hopefully things will work out OK.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 16, 10 at 10:24 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: