Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Mar 2, 10, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by DeirdreTours View Post
What reason did Chase give for closing your wife's account?
"Not enough account information on file" and
"Number of bankcard accts"

Why would they have approved her in the first place?
She has an amex with 10 year history and good spend/pay history and a mortgage with not issues. Admittedly she is newish to the country.

It just feels like 100k bonus housecleaning.
Old Mar 2, 10, 4:10 pm

I just got my card today. I applied for it on the 16th of February.
Old Mar 2, 10, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fupaking View Post
wife's card just got closed by Chase only 2 months after it was opened!
They closed it on the day her seconds statement closed,
which would be when her 2nd 50k bonus would have been sent out.
No idea if she'll receive it, and they won't refund the annual fee.
No payments missed, paid in full, excellent credit.

Arseholes!

Has anyone had this experience and actually received their miles?

I'll have her call to try to have it overturned. If they don't, I will systematically start closing all our chase credit and checking accounts.
I've had a really bad experience this week with Chase, both with checking and credit.
There is a reason to trigger it.

What charges your wife has put on the card? Do you mind to share the info?
Was her CC used to fund bank accounts?

If you are deemed a credit risk, Chase does not care you close all your accounts with them - better do this yourself before they do that for you, so there is no damage on your credit report.

If nothing like ordering coins, funding bank accounts, or similar charges in that nature, then may be there is an identity mixed up? (that could happen, and actually been reported in AMEX forum in the past.)
Old Mar 2, 10, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by netzaper View Post
I just called again and was told that between my AMEX 30k credit line and my current Chase account, they feel that I have sufficient credit lines and do not need any more credit! what kind of crap is that!

I asked if they can re-allocate some of my credit from my other Chase account, they said no. They did offer me to close my current chase account and then they will approve this account. The problem is that is my olddest credit line and do want to close it.

Should i keep calling? should i call every day? multiple times a day??

Thanks in advance for your input
Personally, I would take them up on the offer to close your other card.

The record does not disappear and I understand there is no or little immediate impact (just confirmed by a media interview with FICO). While the card will eventually age off of the account if you close it, by then it will probably make little difference.

Chase seems to be closing accounts frequently, so you may as well let this card go now and get something for it.

If you get the offer again, at least be sure who you talked to so you could reopen the offer later if you decide to take it.

Last edited by ed765; Mar 3, 10 at 10:59 am
Old Mar 3, 10, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Unhappy

Originally Posted by pdrickey View Post
So after being told that I was not eligible for the voucher because 2009 spending did not count, I escalated the issue at Chase. A manager at Chase informed me that what I was originally told (2009 spend didnít count) was incorrect and that 2009 spending does qualify for a voucher. They told me to contact BA for the certificate. I called BA and was once again told that Chase was issuing the certificates... I became upset and asked to have the issue escalated at BA. BA told me they would have an answer within a week. I called today as it has been about a week and the CSR who answered told me that Chase was running behind and the vouchers would be sent in 6-8weeks! I told her that I had requested the issue be escalated due to the fact that the Terms and Conditions stated 4-6weeks, not 12+. She put me on hold for a while and came back and gave me the certificate number!! Apparently the certificate can only be used via BA.com... I will be booking tonight. Finally!!
Congratulations!!

Chase are certainly giving us the runaround on this offer. Two earlier calls to Chase confirmed that ALL spend in 2009 would count toward the $30k qualifying spend. Yesterday an account manager at Chase told me that only spend during November and December would count, so I did not qualify. On pointing out that the verbiage of the offer stated "calendar year" and that Chase were apparently not standing behind their offer he did agree to submit a request to Chase marketing to issue a voucher for me based on my "annual spend" of $40k+. It is interesting that every specific question prompts an initial response of "can I put you on hold?" indicating that Chase still do not have their act together on this offer.

British Airways Exec Club this morning did seem to be much more up to date and stated that e-mails would be sent to all qualifying members by March 15th. I was also told that the campaign status did not apply to this particular offer, but they did confirm that I was "registered" for the offer.

I continue to wait patiently to see the outcome.
Old Mar 3, 10, 11:36 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold
My post won't necassarily add any value, but I'm stoked and feel the need to gloat.

My fiancee and I both got the card, both scored the 100k miles, and just booked a rather inexpensive honeymoon. Thanks for this post!
Old Mar 3, 10, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat
Quick question, how long is it taking everyone to get your second set of 50K miles? I am now going on 6 weeks since the statement that put me over 2K spend.
Old Mar 3, 10, 11:51 pm

been using my card now for 1 month... 104K miles posted to my BA Executive club account. I think its a great offer!
Old Mar 4, 10, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shedbasher View Post
Quick question, how long is it taking everyone to get your second set of 50K miles? I am now going on 6 weeks since the statement that put me over 2K spend.
Did you count the $75 among your 2K spent? If so, you have not met the 2k spending because annual fee is not a purchase, thus not qualify for the spending required. It is so obvious, but amazingly quite a few people made such mistake to include $75 as their spending.

If you indeed have met the spending requirement, you really need to email Chase to find out why you haven't gotten the 2nd 50K.
Old Mar 4, 10, 1:19 am

How long will it take to recieve the first bonus?

How long will it take to receive the 50K bonus miles after the first purchase?

I heard it was 6 to 8 weeks after the statement ends?

Please clarify

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 10, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Originally Posted by skyline101 View Post

Please clarify

Thanks!
2000$ Statement closed 26th Feb. 2nd 50k Miles posted 28th Feb.
Old Mar 4, 10, 9:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by skyline101 View Post

Please clarify

Thanks!
Have you read the thread 100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA for your answer before asking? It has been asked and answered more than 20 times.

By the way, welcome to FT!
Old Mar 4, 10, 8:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
my 1st statement closed 2/19.....mi's & 50k posted on 2/21....good luck...
Old Mar 4, 10, 8:37 pm
Formerly known as god_forbids

Programs: DL Kettle
Angry SO denied for same reason

Originally Posted by zink88 View Post
Thirteen days after applying, we received a letter from Chase advising my daughter was not approved for the card because

(1) Few revolving accounts opened long enough to establish credit history and (2) Not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history.
*Sigh* My SO was not approved for the card, same reasoning. That, after they made us send in Social Security docs and driver's license! According to the rep I spoke to, at issue is the fact that she holds no credit cards which she has "Individual" responsibility for. She has been listed as "Authorized User" on my Chase accounts for a long time but they don't care, and according to the bank analyst I spoke with that would never be enough to establish creditworthiness under their current credit guidelines. What he said is that first the decision on whether or not to extend credit is made, then the different account types (WorldCard v. Platinum) would be considered, but her application never made it that far.

The only real news here is that (according to this rep) Chase does not care about your FICO/FAKO score and does not take that into consideration; the bank is being very "conservative" now and hand-reviewing all credit reports to determine creditworthiness. My SO's personal Individual "installment" account [loan] also did not matter as it was not in a considerable category such as mortgage. The rep also noted that offers to reduce credit lines on our other cards would not help as those accounts are Individual for me alone and would not affect her credit application. So, there you go ... after being smart, fiscally responsible and a very low credit risk with a high-700's FICO score, my SO is told by Chase "no credit until you can prove you're a debt-fiend by opening a dozen other CCARDs first".

Chase rep Josh: "Maybe you could get a secured credit line, but Chase won't do that because, um, we're generally not going to take that first chance on a new credit card user."
Old Mar 4, 10, 9:13 pm

Kudos for bringing up that point.

As I noted somewhere up thread, I made that mistake as well and counted the annual fee towards the 2k spend. Once you hit the 2k benchmark, you should get your bonus miles in the next statement. Chase is pretty good at posting miles promptly.

I'm still waiting for the last 50k to post since I changed the bill due date (thinking that I would get the statement sooner). That didn't really work the way I planned. Patience is key.

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Did you count the $75 among your 2K spent? If so, you have not met the 2k spending because annual fee is not a purchase, thus not qualify for the spending required. It is so obvious, but amazingly quite a few people made such mistake to include $75 as their spending.

If you indeed have met the spending requirement, you really need to email Chase to find out why you haven't gotten the 2nd 50K.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: