Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mblitch
I have the card and currently have 102,701 miles with BA. I've been reading through the thread and am a little confused as how to best use the miles for upcoming trips.

I haven't figured if BA miles converts to partner miles 1 to 1 or not (e.g. convert 35k BA mile to 35K AA miles to book RT flight to HNL from TPA).
You do not "convert" BA miles to any other carrier's miles; you simply redeem BA miles (at whatever redemption rate BA sets) when you want to fly on a partner carrier. All redemptions of BA miles are done through BA (either online, when possible, or through the BAEC service center).

Edited to add: Oops, looks like rrgg beat me to it.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Wink An Update

Ater many weeks I found out that Chase supposedly sent me a request for additional info (which I never saw). I was directed to fraud prevention and was prompty routed to a swe woman in the mid-west who was able to verify the last bit of information she needed. She is returning my application to the other department and I should hear from them in 7 to 10 business days Is that their slogan at Chase?

While on the phone I had a chance to explain why my street has two different physical addresses and why we use a post office addres sout here. Actually, my mailbox is 2000 feet or more up and over and is actually a mailbox stuck in a bucket of cement. Quite rural if I do say so myself.

We also chatted about the tsunami we had here.

Luckily the delay is allowing me to better plan my charges and how to schedule my trip. In a tight spot I could always use my personal Chase card to buy coffee through My coffee website, if I was willig to take the credit card charge percentage.

Last edited by Lavarock7; Mar 1, 2010 at 12:13 pm Reason: bad spelling
Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by zink88
My wife and I both signed up on the previous link before end of 2009 and both have received our 100,000 bonus miles. I submitted an application via the new link today for my daughter - a student whose only income is from babysitting. Her only credit history is ~ 14 months as an authorized user on one of my Amex cards - but only the last 5 months show in her credit report (after she turned 18). Application asks for household income, not individual income. Will post back on the outcome.
Thirteen days after applying, we received a letter from Chase advising my daughter was not approved for the card because

(1) Few revolving accounts opened long enough to establish credit history and (2) Not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 6:29 pm
bdd

companion pass

I called in today to ask about my 2009 $30k spend companion pass... they told me "it just went out" and it "should arrive within 7 business days".
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mblitch
I have the card and currently have 102,701 miles with BA. I've been reading through the thread and am a little confused as how to best use the miles for upcoming trips.

I haven't figured if BA miles converts to partner miles 1 to 1 or not (e.g. convert 35k BA mile to 35K AA miles to book RT flight to HNL from TPA).

I want to go to Ireland for a week and then Jordan for 3 weeks and have found through flight search tools a price of about $1400 for the multi-city trip. Should I just hold off on using my miles for a complicated multi-city trip on probably several airlines or is there some way to use them to greatly reduce that cost?
you should just join my family account. I will help you spend those miles in no time
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:17 am

Declined

I applied for this card in mid February and received a letter last week saying I was declined due to insufficient credit history and too many recent credit inquiry's!

I have been a Chase cardholder since 2002! I have only applied for 3 credit cards and 2 phone lines in the past 2 years!

I called the Chase lending dept (1-888-245-0625) and was told that my 87 months of credit history is insufficient, they said they cannot review my application as my credit report has not changed!

Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Should I continue calling them and asking them to review? or is it a lost cause...
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by netzaper
I applied for this card in mid February and received a letter last week saying I was declined due to insufficient credit history and too many recent credit inquiry's!

I have been a Chase cardholder since 2002! I have only applied for 3 credit cards and 2 phone lines in the past 2 years!

I called the Chase lending dept (1-888-245-0625) and was told that my 87 months of credit history is insufficient, they said they cannot review my application as my credit report has not changed!

Should I continue calling them and asking them to review? or is it a lost cause...
I have seen other FT members (including Moi) who have other Chase cards get an initial "NO" then call and have them change their minds if you offer to split the limit with another Chase card. Can't hurt to try!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
$75 Fee

My cc statement cuts in a few days and I am just over the $2,000 spending requirement. It hit me today though that the $2,000 included the $75 annual fee. Anybody know if the fee counts, or do I need to go snag some gift cards?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by scoobs
My cc statement cuts in a few days and I am just over the $2,000 spending requirement. It hit me today though that the $2,000 included the $75 annual fee. Anybody know if the fee counts, or do I need to go snag some gift cards?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, scoobs.

As has been asked and answered many times in this thread, the $75 annual fee does not count towards the $2,000 spend.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

It's just a lame excuse... My credit history started when I was fresh out of college in 2005/6 (although with way many more activities than your 3 cards and 2 phone lines due to FT ) and I still got the BA card.

As Surface Interval mentions, call again and try to move some of the credits from your existing Chase card to the BA card.

Good luck.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by buschoi
It's just a lame excuse... My credit history started when I was fresh out of college in 2005/6 (although with way many more activities than your 3 cards and 2 phone lines due to FT ) and I still got the BA card.

As Surface Interval mentions, call again and try to move some of the credits from your existing Chase card to the BA card.

Good luck.
I just called again and was told that between my AMEX 30k credit line and my current Chase account, they feel that I have sufficient credit lines and do not need any more credit! what kind of crap is that!

I asked if they can re-allocate some of my credit from my other Chase account, they said no. They did offer me to close my current chase account and then they will approve this account. The problem is that is my olddest credit line and do want to close it.

Should i keep calling? should i call every day? multiple times a day??

Thanks in advance for your input
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I just called again and was told that between my AMEX 30k credit line and my current Chase account, they feel that I have sufficient credit lines and do not need any more credit! what kind of crap is that!

I asked if they can re-allocate some of my credit from my other Chase account, they said no. They did offer me to close my current chase account and then they will approve this account. The problem is that is my olddest credit line and do want to close it.

Should i keep calling? should i call every day? multiple times a day??

Thanks in advance for your input
By all means - call again. YMMV is certainly the watch phrase with Chase reps.; ask to talk to a supervisor. Tell them that the account they offer to let you close to open this one is your oldest and you do not want the hit on your credit report - "please leave it open with a very modest limit" may well get the right rep to cave. I try to call mid morning when the people tend to be open as they have not been worn down by a bunch of whining “customers”. It's not like this is life or death, it is more important than that: MILES!

Be persistent - good luck.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:41 pm

FlyerTalk comment worthy of engraving in stone

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
It's not like this is life or death, it is more important than that: MILES!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:49 pm

wife's card just got closed by Chase only 2 months after it was opened!
They closed it on the day her seconds statement closed,
which would be when her 2nd 50k bonus would have been sent out.
No idea if she'll receive it, and they won't refund the annual fee.
No payments missed, paid in full, excellent credit.

Arseholes!

Has anyone had this experience and actually received their miles?

I'll have her call to try to have it overturned. If they don't, I will systematically start closing all our chase credit and checking accounts.
I've had a really bad experience this week with Chase, both with checking and credit.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
What reason did Chase give for closing your wife's account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.