Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
I applied using the magic link several days ago.

Just called Chase (800-432-3117), punched in my SSN and a "Congratulations, your application has been approved, etc."

Now, to see if the full complement of miles will be awarded.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by tusflyer
I applied using the magic link several days ago.

Just called Chase (800-432-3117), punched in my SSN and a "Congratulations, your application has been approved, etc."

Now, to see if the full complement of miles will be awarded.
Nice!

I've clicked on a few magic links from this thread with no luck.
Can you please post your magic link? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
Originally Posted by Citizenbushido
Nice!

I've clicked on a few magic links from this thread with no luck.
Can you please post your magic link? Thanks in advance.
It was the most recent one a few pages up which, sadly, appears not to work anymore. But given everyone's experience, it seems to get resurrected every so often, so it's probably worth watching this space.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Just received my voucher!!!

Originally Posted by pdrickey
I spent $30k on my credit card in December(statement closed on 12/26) in order to receive the companion certificate. The terms stated that I would receive the certificate within 4-6 weeks. It was brought to my attention that the offer did not officially start until 1/1/2010, but after reading this forum and talking to many reps at British Airways it was my understanding that Chase would honor those who spent $30k before the promotion officially started. I should have verified this with chase...

I have been in contact with BA over the past month inquiring about the certificate and when I would receive it. They told me many different stories as they didn’t really know anything about it…but within the last week it seems that they have gotten their act together. They said that Chase is in the middle of issuing the certificates, but are behind schedule as there were thousands that met the spending requirement. BA has even added a way to check the status of the certificate on their internal system. They told me that if you qualified for the offer the status would be listed under "Campaigns," and would show as either pending or issued. I verified with a number of BA reps that my account did in fact have the status listed and that it was pending - their explanation was that I have qualified for the certificate so it shows pending, but they are just awaiting Chase to send out the certificates.

I have been calling BA multiple times per day to see if the status has changed as I am trying to book an award ticket ASAP. As of today, my account still shows pending. I asked multiple BA reps if they were aware of anyone receiving the companion certificates, and each of them confirmed that customers have been issued the certificate and all of them stated that they had actually booked awards using the certificates. I decided to call chase to see what the hold up was with issuing the certificates and I received some terrible news from the manager on duty. Chase is not/will not issue certificates to people who met the $30k spending threshold in 2009. You will only receive a companion ticket if you meet the $30k spend in 2010. They are sending out this information via an official letter. This is contrary to what everyone has posted on this site as well as what every BA rep I have talked to regarding the subject.. I’m guessing that there is going to be some serious backlash towards Chase fdue to this issue. I am incredibly frustrated because I could have easily spent another $30k on the first day of the year. Now I am going to have to start this whole process over again so I wont get my certificate for another 2 months. Too bad the certificate will be useless at that point as the award seats are already almost non-existent for the dates I’m trying to book… I guess that it is my own fault for not contacting Chase earlier to learn that 2009 spending would not count…

Any one else receive the same info from Chase??
So after being told that I was not eligible for the voucher because 2009 spending did not count, I escalated the issue at Chase. A manager at Chase informed me that what I was originally told (2009 spend didn’t count) was incorrect and that 2009 spending does qualify for a voucher. They told me to contact BA for the certificate. I called BA and was once again told that Chase was issuing the certificates... I became upset and asked to have the issue escalated at BA. BA told me they would have an answer within a week. I called today as it has been about a week and the CSR who answered told me that Chase was running behind and the vouchers would be sent in 6-8weeks! I told her that I had requested the issue be escalated due to the fact that the Terms and Conditions stated 4-6weeks, not 12+. She put me on hold for a while and came back and gave me the certificate number!! Apparently the certificate can only be used via BA.com... I will be booking tonight. Finally!!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA; Delta; US Air; BA Executive Club
So after being told that I was not eligible for the voucher because 2009 spending did not count, I escalated the issue at Chase. A manager at Chase informed me that what I was originally told (2009 spend didn’t count) was incorrect and that 2009 spending does qualify for a voucher. They told me to contact BA for the certificate. I called BA and was once again told that Chase was issuing the certificates... I became upset and asked to have the issue escalated at BA. BA told me they would have an answer within a week. I called today as it has been about a week and the CSR who answered told me that Chase was running behind and the vouchers would be sent in 6-8weeks! I told her that I had requested the issue be escalated due to the fact that the Terms and Conditions stated 4-6weeks, not 12+. She put me on hold for a while and came back and gave me the certificate number!! Apparently the certificate can only be used via BA.com... I will be booking tonight. Finally!!
Great news for you!

I have been reading your posts with great interest. Unfortunately, I did not get in on this deal until this year, so I will have to be satisfied with my single upgrade certificate, unless I can somehow "spend" another $28K on my wife's card this year.......hmmmmmm, I wonder how I can do that?

Just curious, (without looking back if you posted this earlier) where are you going and what class of service? If you don't mind sharing after you have booked.

What I have learned from this deal, is it takes one billing cycle or so for the first 50K to post and the second 50K will post after the billing cycle where you hit the $2,000 in spending. I wish I had a few kids (or dogs with SS #'s) so I could get a few more of these cards. Oh well..... Anybody have any luck getting a SS # for a dog. He will pay all his bills, and will have great credit, once I get him a few credit cards.....
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Subscribing to this thread just in case the deal comes back!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: US,PC
Approved and rejected (1/2) ,One more feedback coming

Okay applied 3 BA credit cards finally to avail this offer for myself, friend and my sis

All 3 applied on feb 14th:

Case 1: My friend , called today to enquire since automated system says under review and Got connected after 1st agent to Lending Department . They informed , its rejected , then asked them for re conisderation , probably the reason was late payments and other delinquencies. So they asked questions about all that why did it happen and all that crap .How do you manage to pay now on time when you are travelling. Finally he agreed to approve it with 2000 limit. Happy ending. This is also first chase card for my friend.

Case 2: I called for my application after my friend finished call the call. I was told it has been rejected for too many inquiries in last 6 months. I had a gut feeling that I will get rejected. I had applied 2AA, 1 delta, 1 charles schwab all in october and were approved and one more CHASE freedom in december so basically 5 in last six months. I was asked , why particularly interested in this card, and why I have too many enquiries. I tried to explain that I got those offers in mail and just couldn't resist .I offered them to close my other account and That I have always paid in time. But still they said since I had so many inquiries so they cannot give me this product this time. Denied Tough Luck!!

Addition: My friend also applied for 2 AA and 1 delta gold in October.
Case 3: Sister just called, She started using citi card recently only since last september. She was rejected for the reason that , her credit is too short and was told that somebody will credit history less than 1 year should not even have applied for this card . They look at least for 2 years credit history for this kind of products. She said even if she reconsider it , she will have to reject again for same reason so no use . Status: Rejected

Final score : 1/3 BA chase visa card.

Last edited by dracs; Feb 17, 2010 at 6:14 pm Reason: additional information < Case 3 added >
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:15 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by dracs

Case 2: But still they said since I had so many inquiries so they cannot give me this product this time. Denied Tough Luck!!
Call again. And again, and again, until you get someone to approve it. It can be done, EVEN if you had a Chase card opened in the last 6 months AND EVEN if you had PLENTY of inquires. Just be consistent until you get someone to approve it, especially if you were never late, have a good credit history, and willing to close the Chase account you currently have, and open the BA card with minimal credit limit.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by nsr
Call again. And again, and again, until you get someone to approve it. It can be done, EVEN if you had a Chase card opened in the last 6 months AND EVEN if you had PLENTY of inquires. Just be consistent until you get someone to approve it, especially if you were never late, have a good credit history, and willing to close the Chase account you currently have, and open the BA card with minimal credit limit.
I have always paid on time, have been with chase for last 3 years, have good credit limit.

I did offer them to close my chase account, reduce my limit , give less credit limit but they didn't agree this time.

Do I call once a day or can I call multiple times a day? , Do I need to give same reason , again and again or should I try to improvise every next time?

Thank you for suggestions
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: United 1P
I have the same situation as in Case 2. Still rejected after speaking to a supervisor

Originally Posted by dracs
Okay applied 3 BA credit cards finally to avail this offer for myself, friend and my sis

All 3 applied on feb 14th:

Case 1: My friend , called today to enquire since automated system says under review and Got connected after 1st agent to Lending Department . They informed , its rejected , then asked them for re conisderation , probably the reason was late payments and other delinquencies. So they asked questions about all that why did it happen and all that crap .How do you manage to pay now on time when you are travelling. Finally he agreed to approve it with 2000 limit. Happy ending. This is also first chase card for my friend.

Case 2: I called for my application after my friend finished call the call. I was told it has been rejected for too many inquiries in last 6 months. I had a gut feeling that I will get rejected. I had applied 2AA, 1 delta, 1 charles schwab all in october and were approved and one more CHASE freedom in december so basically 5 in last six months. I was asked , why particularly interested in this card, and why I have too many enquiries. I tried to explain that I got those offers in mail and just couldn't resist .I offered them to close my other account and That I have always paid in time. But still they said since I had so many inquiries so they cannot give me this product this time. Denied Tough Luck!!

Addition: My friend also applied for 2 AA and 1 delta gold in October.
Case 3: Sister just called, She started using citi card recently only since last september. She was rejected for the reason that , her credit is too short and was told that somebody will credit history less than 1 year should not even have applied for this card . They look at least for 2 years credit history for this kind of products. She said even if she reconsider it , she will have to reject again for same reason so no use . Status: Rejected

Final score : 1/3 BA chase visa card.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Subscribing to this thread just in case the deal comes back!
Or, better still for many of us, a business-card version of the offer appears
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CruzinAway
Great news for you!

I have been reading your posts with great interest. Unfortunately, I did not get in on this deal until this year, so I will have to be satisfied with my single upgrade certificate, unless I can somehow "spend" another $28K on my wife's card this year.......hmmmmmm, I wonder how I can do that?

Just curious, (without looking back if you posted this earlier) where are you going and what class of service? If you don't mind sharing after you have booked.

What I have learned from this deal, is it takes one billing cycle or so for the first 50K to post and the second 50K will post after the billing cycle where you hit the $2,000 in spending. I wish I had a few kids (or dogs with SS #'s) so I could get a few more of these cards. Oh well..... Anybody have any luck getting a SS # for a dog. He will pay all his bills, and will have great credit, once I get him a few credit cards.....
I would suggest buying lots of coins to try and hit 28K..lol

I am flying from Los Angeles to Nice via LHR in First. On the return I am flying from Zurich to Los Angeles via LHR in First. The only problem I am facing is that there is no way to book a multi city award online, only through the phone. But, this voucher can only be booked online... So I might end up having to fly to and from LHR and pay for the flights to Nice and Zurich. I will know more tomorrow once the BAEC opens.. I will post again once I successfully book.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:19 pm
nsr

. She put me on hold for a while and came back and gave me the certificate number!! Apparently the certificate can only be used via BA.com... I will be booking tonight. Finally!!
Let us know how was your experience booking with this certificate. I'm curious to know how it works since going over the whole process of award booking online, I didn't see a place you can use a certificate number online.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: Starwood
Good for you!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA; Delta; US Air; BA Executive Club
I would suggest buying lots of coins to try and hit 28K..lol

I am flying from Los Angeles to Nice via LHR in First. On the return I am flying from Zurich to Los Angeles via LHR in First. The only problem I am facing is that there is no way to book a multi city award online, only through the phone. But, this voucher can only be booked online... So I might end up having to fly to and from LHR and pay for the flights to Nice and Zurich. I will know more tomorrow once the BAEC opens.. I will post again once I successfully book.
First off....shhhhhh

Second, on your routing. I was considering the same sort of thing as you. Flying to Singapore maybe in First with a stopover in Hong Kong. I also want to go to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City, yeah right....) and would have done a one way to SGN and a one way back from SIN with a stop in Hong Kong, but with the online booking constraint, I will do a round trip to SIN and use either Malaysia or Singapore Airlines to get to Saigon. I don't know if there is any way to work out a stopover in Hong Kong using online reservations.

Maybe BAEC can "load" an itinerary for you within your BAEC account and you can sign on and "purchase" it using your miles and certificate?

Let us know your taxes and fees once you have booked.

I really do hope a business card offer would somehow materialize for this offer. I see no way of getting a SS# for my dog in the near future.

We were two for two on this offer. Most recent cards prior to this were two "business" cards back in August and the BA Chase cards were applied for about three to four weeks ago.

EDIT:

After reading more about this my routing would not work, because I have to use BA metal for the 2-1 redemption. Oh well, I will have to look more closely at the BA flight schedule now.

EDIT #2:

After further review, it appears as though I can go where I want, just have to fly through London and use BA metal. On with the spending...........

Last edited by CruzinAway; Feb 17, 2010 at 10:44 pm Reason: Research

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.