Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by guv1976
If only we could convince AA to denominate its premium cabins on domestic two-class aircraft as J instead of F.
This would be extremely unpopular with fliers who credit AA flights to BAEC to help earn BA elite status. These flights earn first class mileage and tier points. (Note that one cannot earn BA status without a minimum of 4 segments per status year on flights operated by BA, but the remainder can be on any OneWorld carrier.)
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Far east to USA flights on partner airline only needs 50K miles? This seems to be a bargain compared with United or CO which needs 65K miles. Does BA charge fuel surcharge for partner airline such as AA or Cathy?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Not always true with Chase Affinity Cards. Chase has taken UA bonus away from UA account several months after awarding it, because the UA card is cancelled before 6 months have passed.

So reading the fine prints in the T&C is a must.
My review of the fine print doesn't turn up any such language indicating the bonus miles could be taken away for not keeping the account open for a minimum time period. We would most likely keep the two accounts open past 6 months, but close them just before the one year anniversary to avoid another $75 fee on each. UNLESS, there is a no fee Chase card affiliated with BA that we could downgrade to and keep the accounts open. Anyone know if such a card exists?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedSox
Welcome.

You can sign up for EC right now if you want. But, by using the link and applying, Chase will automatically sign you up for a EC account.
which probably is the way to go if you ever had a Chase BA CC, then after all the miles are posted call BA and inform them that Chase opened an a new acct for you when you already had 1 and then they will combine them both and CX out the 1 Chase just opened for you
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:57 am

I called this number today and got the following,

"Congratulations, your credit card has been approved!
Your current balance is ...$0
Your credit access line is ...$xxx
Your current APS 13.24% variable
You should receive your welcome packet and credit card in 7-10 days"

Originally Posted by teammjs
OK, for the impatient (like me), here's an auto application status to check the application status:

800-945-2006

then press #, the 1, then enter your SSN.

What's interesting, is that on two family aps done yesterday, one message says "you'll receive a letter in 7-10 days" and the other says "we will notify you in writing in 14 days". Makes me wonder if their is a preliminary bias, and one's good and the other isn't!

My experience with Chase having used this number for several 0% APR cards in the past, is they will update the status as soon as it's known, so call every day and you don't need to talk to a human.

Please note what the SPECIFIC message says during review, and let us know if you get the card or rejected later, so we can get some data points.

NOTE: I started her ten years ago, then migrated most of my time to FW Finance. I absolutely agree, this place is nicer LOL!

Last edited by lstheodore; Nov 8, 2009 at 1:57 pm Reason: remove credit line amount
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:35 pm

approved

Originally Posted by lstheodore

Your current balance is ...
Your credit access line is ...
Your current APS variable ...

I called the 1-800 # and received a similar message: "Approved, balance, credit line, apr, welcome packet in 7-10 days..."

I applied on Thursday night about 30 minutes after the link became active, so probably on the early part of the application wave as most of the people started applying on Friday.

Look forward to this!

Best,

PedroNY

Last edited by PedroNY; Nov 9, 2009 at 9:08 am
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:43 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by teammjs
What's interesting, is that on two family aps done yesterday, one message says "you'll receive a letter in 7-10 days" and the other says "we will notify you in writing in 14 days". Makes me wonder if their is a preliminary bias, and one's good and the other isn't!
Just checked two applications entered shortly after this went live last Thursday. For mine I got "congratulations" and was told my credit line and APR. Mrs IMH's application, on the other hand, is "being reviewed". A little strange, as she's got a longer US credit history and usually has better scores -- perhaps they don't like the fact that she recently cancelled a Chase CO card?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
any suggestions of contact phone number for my submission failure. Says I have missing info and to correct the highlighted area. There is no highlighted area. called the number referenced and they were no help and said I did not have a application pending.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called also.

Mine is under review - I use Debix, so they have to unlock my credit file.

My wife's is still pending.

Hopefully, they're just overloaded.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:02 pm

Forgot to add this data point which should be reassuring to many, I am an existing Chase CC holder but never Chase BA.

Originally Posted by lstheodore

Your current balance is ...$0
Your credit access line is ...$xxx
Your current APS 13.24% variable
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
My wife and I applied Thursday. I called the 800 number and both applications are in review, will get letter 7-14 days. My wife has a high credit score, mine isn't as good. I really hope both of us get approved. I just received the CO MasterCard a month ago. Could that affect me getting approved?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
What are my chances?

I have excellent credit (800+ FICO), and owe very little money on all my credit cards (only about $1,000 from recent purchases).

But two issues:

I applied, and was approved, for two other bank credit cards (not from Chase) this year (in February).

I already have three Chase issued credit cards (total credit available $28,000 but owe Chase zero). Are they going to look at that and tell me you have enough credit from us, and say I'm crazy for asking for more?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by burgerwars
I have excellent credit (800+ FICO), and owe very little money on all my credit cards (only about $1,000 from recent purchases).

But two issues:

I applied, and was approved, for two other bank credit cards (not from Chase) this year (in February).

I already have three Chase issued credit cards (total credit available $28,000 but owe Chase zero). Are they going to look at that and tell me you have enough credit from us, and say I'm crazy for asking for more?
If they give you that reason (which they did to me in July for a Chase Priority Club Visa) just call the number on your rejection letter & tell them you'd like to re-allocate lines from other Chase card(s). Had my card within 2 weeks after that. Other bank cards don't have a lot of bearing except the credit pulls possibly lowered your overall credit score slightly.

In California, IME both Chase and Citi use Experian for their credit pulls.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Nov 8, 2009 at 4:39 pm
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:06 pm

Help with questions...

I have read through this whole thread.... Here's my question. I live in Memphis.

Neither BA or AA have have "convenient" itineraries to Europe, or Hawaii, both places I will be going within the next year.

Question, I really like the fewer miles it takes to get via AA. How easy would it be for me to redeem miles from MEM to BCN via AA or MEM to Hawaii via with this promo? Is it an advantageor disadvantage (if one doesnt mind the many more stops in order to use fewer miles) to be in a city NOT like NYC that does have direct BA flights?

I am so confused....

I should add, I am looking at redemption in "coach" class of service ( if that makes any difference in the answer).
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold (1MM), SPG Gold, HHonors Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
In California, IME both Chase and Citi use Experian for their credit pulls.
FWIW, in Virginia both use Equifax for me. I believe Chase used to pull Experian here, but switched over to Equifax in the last year or two (annoying for AA purposes!).

Just tried the application status number and got the "under review" message. Wishful thinking for me, as I only applied yesterday morning. I originally was quoted a response within 15 days when I applied and within 15-30 days in the email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.