Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aaron1262
yeah im still waiting for my second 50K.... but i saw reports in this thread about it posting on the 2nd statement after they have reached 2K, so im not too worried. woo hoo for my 1400th post..
I received both 50k bonuses two days after my first statement closed (hit the 2k in first month).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:04 pm

Just posted 50 + 50, cool
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I've searched for an answer to this question in the thread but since the thread is too long I got way to many post which didn't exactly answer my question. Sorry if it has been mentioned but here we go:

I know the companion voucher after reaching the $30k spend is good for two years but is it good for two years from the date of issue or is it two calendar years? Example...say I pass the threshold in June 2010....is it good till June 2012 or Dec. 31, 2012?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
I've searched for an answer to this question in the thread but since the thread is too long I got way to many post which didn't exactly answer my question. Sorry if it has been mentioned but here we go:

I know the companion voucher after reaching the $30k spend is good for two years but is it good for two years from the date of issue or is it two calendar years? Example...say I pass the threshold in June 2010....is it good till June 2012 or Dec. 31, 2012?
At this point nobody really knows as nobody has received such cert yet.

My guess is once the cert is received, the wording on the cert would be more exact, hopefully.

Or you can call BAEC to find out if they can tell you more details. Dont be frustrated in case BACE cannot give you a definite answer because this is a very new benefit designed to drum up much needed cash flow, the agents at BAEC may not know all the details. Or even not all the details have been really thought out yet...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Happy
At this point nobody really knows as nobody has received such cert yet.
Thanks Happy! Hopefully someone will get one soon and post. I was trying to decide if I wanted to try and do the spend ASAP or wait until the end of the year to give me as much time as possible into 2012 to use the voucher.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Happy! Hopefully someone will get one soon and post. I was trying to decide if I wanted to try and do the spend ASAP or wait until the end of the year to give me as much time as possible into 2012 to use the voucher.
You do know the cert is only good for BA metal so the award would have outsize fuel surcharge on EACH ticket?

Being based in East Coast, this is not really as a good value as someone based in West Coast.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:17 am
bdd

I called last week to ask them about this... after some time waiting on the phone, I was told the vouchers from $30k spend in 2009 will be sent out sometime in February 2010.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You do know the cert is only good for BA metal so the award would have outsize fuel surcharge on EACH ticket?

Being based in East Coast, this is not really as a good value as someone based in West Coast.
I knew that but thanks anyway. The way I look at it is that the fuel surcharge is what I would pay for an economy ticket anyways so the upgrade to business is really the award.

Originally Posted by bdd
I called last week to ask them about this... after some time waiting on the phone, I was told the vouchers from $30k spend in 2009 will be sent out sometime in February 2010.
Can you please post information about the expiration date when you get it. Will be interesed to see if it has a date of Feb. 2012 or end of Dec. 2012.

Last edited by christianj; Jan 25, 2010 at 11:38 am
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:09 pm

Redeem for 1, Travel for 2 voucher good for 24 months

The T&C's say that the voucher will be valid for 24 months from the time you get the voucher posted in your account (Para 6 in the T&C's) http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=searchResults

And the voucher will post 4-6 weeks after you hit the $30K spend target. 24 months seems pretty specific, but as you say above, we'll see what the cert really says once people start getting them.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
The T&C's say that the voucher will be valid for 24 months from the time you get the voucher posted in your account (Para 6 in the T&C's) http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=searchResults

And the voucher will post 4-6 weeks after you hit the $30K spend target. 24 months seems pretty specific, but as you say above, we'll see what the cert really says once people start getting them.
First of all welcome to FT! Thanks for a great first post which clarifies everything. ^ Refreshing to find a newbie that has all the answers!

After this clarification I will drag out making the threshold till later this year since I want as much time to use the voucher as possible into 2012. (Need to use some other miles first and SO doesn't get as much vacation as I do.)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:25 pm

Two provisions of the Terms & Conditions are relevant to this question (duration of the 2-for-1 certificate):

"The Redemption Voucher will be valid from the date on which it appears on the Member’s Executive Club account and will be valid for 24 months."

"Outbound travel must take place before the expiry date stated on the Redemption Voucher however inbound travel may take place after the expiry date."

Everything you ever wanted to know, but weren't afraid to ask, can be found at:
www.ba.com/Redeemfor1Travelfor2
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:09 pm

2nd 50K bonnus hasn't posted yet

Both myself and my wife signed up. We both got 50K bonus with no problems on first statement. We both hit the 2K mark on our second month and finished with about $2200. Neither one of us has had our seconf 50K bonus post yet.

I called Chase and their response was that I need to wait 6-8 weeks. It seems like everyone else is getting their miles. It also seems unlikely that this malfunction could happen twice though. Any advice.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:35 pm

Hi hindukid, I would send a secure message to customer service from your account at chase.com. DH's first 50,000 finally posted after contacting them in this manner. It was 9 business days from statement close. Chase contacted British Airways to check on the miles and then responded to us. I've seen that most people do not have much luck calling customer service from this thread.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Passport Platinum, IHG Platinum and Club Carlson Gold
Well, after an initial denial and subsequent approval upon my agreement to reduce my Southwest Signature Visa credit line from $35,000 to $30,000, I received my BA Signature Visa card today. Whopping credit limit of $5,000. I called Chase to activate the card and confirmed that I will receive 50,000 miles when I make my first purchase with the card, and another 50,000 miles if I charge $2,000 within 90 days of 01/11/10. Tonight I am going to use this card to pay my property taxes, which will put me slightly over $2,000 the first time I use this card. The card will then go into my safe until December, at which time I will cancel the card before I pay another annual fee of $75. $5,000 is just not a high enough credit limit for me to use this card as my primary card.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
BA Promotion Worked as Promised

Confirming the experiences of so many others, the second 50K bonuses posted 3 days after the statement date in which we crossed the $2000 threshold.

In our household of 3 persons, everyone has now received their own 100K of BA miles.

Boy, I sure wish there were a Business version of this offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.