Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by airshadow
I had the same dates/results. Nice to have the card in hand!
That makes 3 (6?) of us. Cards activated and now running up some charges...
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by jackg
Sounded fishy to me too. I debated about it for a while before going with it. They have a detailed script, and it falls inline with what apps wold ask for. I am going to call a # from Chase.com tomorrow and see if my app is on file. If they give me the OK then I'll know it's legit for sure.

I'll post it here with my findings.

UPDATE: As mentioned above, I called the 888 # after much debate because it sounded fishy. That call was placed yesterday @ 2PM. I just called the 800 # from the CHASE.COM website under their CONTACT US (Credit Card) # which was 800 432 3117. Feel free to go to CHASE.COM to verify.

The man I spoke to on the phone was American and took my social # and address, and boom my app was on file with his computer. Should know in about 1-2 weeks about approval/denial.

It's legit.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:46 pm

adverse action data point:

applied and it took a week to approve me for a paltry 6000 CL. whilst doing so, they cut my total credit lines across chase cards by 67,000, leaving me with only 30,000 across 4 cards (including BA card). low 6 figure income, no debt ( own home outright), very low utilization as i pay off each month, 1 inquiry and low to mid 6 figures sitting in chase accounts. no coin or other such activity (my mistake- didn't do it because i valued my limits. that'll teach me). 787 FICO.

F chase. i just pulled 95% of my money out of chase and i'll never do business with them again once i get my miles (well, i may churn card deals to use them, nothing more). i spoke with a supervisor who 'reviewed' my accounts and he said the CL cuts were appropriate. whatever, my cuts to my bank accounts are definitely appropriate. he agreed credit was perfect. i can only imagine what they're doing to people with less than perfect credit. FW forum warns of this type of AA, but i thought my FICO plus the size of my banking relationship would make me immune. wrong.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:52 pm

Told my younger brother to apply for the promo. Why not give it a shot, i said. He has no job, still in college, no real income, decent credit (low 700), tons of student loans, and got approved for 8,000 CL, while having another card with a CL of only 4,000. Kind scary, that it was that easy for him.

I don't know what kind of a system they use to grant credit, but he was pleased to get the offer.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
The second 50,000 miles showed up with the 2nd statement, even though I had spent over $2k in the first statement period. All is good
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by frankiwa
Told my younger brother to apply for the promo. Why not give it a shot, i said. He has no job, still in college, no real income, decent credit (low 700), tons of student loans, and got approved for 8,000 CL, while having another card with a CL of only 4,000. Kind scary, that it was that easy for him.

I don't know what kind of a system they use to grant credit, but he was pleased to get the offer.
My gf had her credit wrecked by an identity theft and she didn't have any problems either. Chase certainly seems much more lax than Citi is.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa

Kind of interesting...I've got a good job (80k), 784 credit score, and a huge amount of unused credit on credit cards (I have an AMEX with a 30k limit), and I had to basically plead with the credit authorization guy to approve my card. Apparently I had a recent credit application with Chase that I never even applied for, which freaked me out. Even then he only agreed to close an old Amazon.com Visa I had and use the $3,500 limit from that on this card. So I have a whopping $3.5k limit. Go figure. Good thing I'm just gonna charge the $2k, get my miles, and cancel the thing. I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but do you lose the miles if you cancel within a certain time frame, and do they prorate the annual fee like AMEX does?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by dmel
Wife and I got our cards in the mail today. Considering the postal holiday yesterday, cards were received just 1 week from approval.

Now off to spend $4k.
By the way: When I activated my card, the CSR asked why I had chosen this particular card. I said it was because of the 100,000 BAEC miles promotion, which he said was the #1 answer. I'm not sure why he asked, but I figured it couldn't hurt to be honest. He said he's never seen a promo like this and cited that as the reason he wouldn't waive the annual fee: "They won't waive the fee because it's such a big promo. I wish I had a button here I could press to waive it, but I don't." I'm not so sure that he doesn't have a button (okay, a few keystrokes), but I didn't press the issue. Like others have said, it's not like Chase is pulling a fast one on me- the $75 was stated in the orig promo offer.

Just too bad the $75 doesn't go toward the $2K spend!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:45 pm

One other thing: when I called the approvals line (for the umpteenth time) to see if I was approved, the rep agreed to put a "rush" on my card so that I would receive it in 3-5 business days. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it might be worth asking to get a couple extra days before the first statement closes.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: United 1P
Angry

Originally Posted by kgkg
I called Sat morning and ask for a supervisor. She would not bulge, citing my recent opening of BofA card in December for $40,000 limit and 12 inquiries in the last year. I told her that is because I closed a previous BofA card and move the credit limit over. She would not bulge even I ask for reducing my current Chase card's $28,000 limit.

Which number did you call?

Originally Posted by jeelele
Had applied for DW last week when the offer became active again. Had called next day and was told that the application was denied. She was friendly and went over the credit history in minute details over the phone and the lady would not budge. Nothing doing. Have done 2 app-o-rama in 2009 and 2 in 2008 but otherwise spotless credit history with high credit limits on most open accounts, no late payments, solid income and zero debt, FICO of 750+. She said its the recent app-o-ramas which is an issue.

Called 2 more time this week and both times, similar story. Got a female rep each time and she just would not agree to reconsider or move the available credit from the other open Chase card account. Called again this morning and got a male rep who immediately accepted the request to be reconsidered and to move some of the available credit line. He put us on hold and came back after 2-3 minutes saying that he has gone ahead and submitted a request to move 10K of the larger available credit line from the other card and approve the BA card. It is subject to verification and that we should hear the final decision within 30 days.

Anybody has had similar experience and were their application approved? If this request is approved, I wonder if the card will have the same 100K promo applied or will it be a current measely promo.

Would appreciate input from the experts and experienced ones.
I received a letter, stating my new BA card has been approved by reducing my current Chase card's limit by $10000. Pending verification, I should recieve the card with 10 business days.

However, I called the phone number on the letter, 1-888-270-2127. The card was declined.

It seems that pending approval does not mean it is approved.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
My gf had her credit wrecked by an identity theft and she didn't have any problems either. Chase certainly seems much more lax than Citi is.
+1 here. I'm a bit amazed at how Chase seems to be all over the board in regard to approval/rejection, though. I already have two Chase Slate cards, one with 20k and one with 26k lines. No balance on either. I applied for the BA card December 17th, online, and received the card in the mail last Saturday. They gave me a 12k limit on the new BA card, with no reduction on either of the other cards.

We bought a new car for Mrs. ND last September, refinanced our mortgage in December, and I applied for a AmEx AA card at the same time as the Chase BA, (no word on it yet, just another churning opportunity), and I opened a AA credit card sometime last fall, so we've had plenty of hard pulls lately. FWIW, 160k combined household income, FICO 789 and 796 for me and Mrs. ND, no debt other than mortgage and one car loan.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:34 am

Statement closed Jan. 19th and 52,469 miles were posted this morning when I checked. I had charged $2,000 but for some reason $25 of that didn't post before the account closed. So I'll be waiting another month for the other 50,000, but no big deal. I can now book a trip for Mrs. Lucent23 and I. Mrs. Lucent23 applied for the card on Jan. 11th and got her card yesterday. Called to activate and agent confirmed she was setup for the 50,000/50,000 promo. Good times.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:47 pm

I applied 1/8 and received my card yesterday. Already charging away.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL G, UA G, IHG SA
just received my cc statement and 100k showed up in my ba account
great
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:00 pm

I applied on 1-20-10 using the 888 number. I asked for the 100000 British Airways offer. The man took down all the information and read me various disclosures. He said the offer was only valid for persons who did not have a previous BA card.

I am to hear in 7 to 10 days. So, we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.