Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Jan 17, 10, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by jeelele View Post
Yes, you have to use BA's award chart and not AA's.

You always have to use the award chart provided by the airline program whose miles you are planning to use and not the airline or partner that you are planning to fly on.
Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 10, 8:41 am

2-4-1 Awards?

Am I crazy or was there also a 2-4-1 coupon for awards associated with the card? If so, how is this done? Do they send a physical coupon? If so, when is it typically sent?

Thanks,
Darren
Old Jan 17, 10, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta Diamond, Ritz Carlton Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
The original offer had a 2 for 1 electronically deposited after 30,000 spend in a calendar year. The offer was good for 2 for 1 frequent flier redemption.
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:06 am

Programs: Gold Medallion DL, Silver VIP Hilton, Platinum Priority Club, Fairmont President's Club
Deal Still working as of 17 January

Just got off the phone with the customer service rep at Chase, who confirmed that the deal was still on, so looks like 100k miles in the near future. 50k after the first purchase and then another 50k after charging $2k. For anyone interested, I called 888-593-5212
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:15 am
Suspended

Question about $30,000 companion ticket

I'm really confused about the fee companion ticket with $30,000 - I hope someone can clarify for me:

If I buy an award ticket for an AA flight with my BA miles, can I use the companion ticket voucher with that? or is it only for BA flights (i.e. to London, etc)

thanks

Last edited by jack5432; Jan 17, 10 at 11:36 am
Old Jan 17, 10, 11:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold,Hilton HHonors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Spent the 2K back in December and still missing the second 50K. I'll wait a little bit longer but I am annoyed as most people here received the bonus right away.
Old Jan 17, 10, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jack5432 View Post
I'm really confused about the fee companion ticket with $30,000 - I hope someone can clarify for me:

If I buy an award ticket for an AA flight with my BA miles, can I use the companion ticket voucher with that? or is it only for BA flights (i.e. to London, etc)

thanks
Only for BA flights. Which have BA fuel surcharges.
Old Jan 17, 10, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg View Post
Personally, I think using these miles for a trip to Europe is a waste considering the taxes and surcharges you'll have to pay.

I plan on using mine for a ticket to Australia.
You can avoid those taxes and surcharges by flying on a partner airline. American Airlines is prohibited trans Atlantic, but Finnair and Iberia are not. They fly from various U.S. cities to Helsinki and Madrid, respectivly. You get to those U.S. cities on American Airlines on a OneWorld ticket.
Old Jan 17, 10, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by JetsMania View Post
This may be a dumb question, but here goes...

My wife and I each have 100,000 from this promotion.

Now on BA it says from North America to South Africa is 90,000 miles, but on American Airlines (a one world alliance partner) it says its 75,000 miles. On AA its now 60,000 miles to go to Argentina, but on the BA site I am seeing 40,000 or 50,000 miles depending on if I use BA for a portion of the flight.

Do I use the BA chart to determine where I can go or the One World Alliance chart?
New to miles stuff too. Wife and I just got BA cards. I saw that BA charges steeper fees. I'm fine using the BA miles chart, but is there a way to redeem these BA points via AA and avoid BA's fuel surcharges and other high fees?
Old Jan 17, 10, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by pgary View Post
You can avoid those taxes and surcharges by flying on a partner airline. American Airlines is prohibited trans Atlantic, but Finnair and Iberia are not. They fly from various U.S. cities to Helsinki and Madrid, respectivly. You get to those U.S. cities on American Airlines on a OneWorld ticket.
But arent those Europe zone 2 cities that "cost" 60,000 miles?

With 100,000 miles, I want two trips to Europe. Is it possible to fly on Iberia from Bos to CDG (via Madrid) and only use 50,000 miles?
Old Jan 17, 10, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Am I correct in thinking that the one partner airline award is more expensive than two oneworld airlines? SFO to SYD is 80k one partner airline, but if I do the same on two oneworld airlines (AA SFO-LAX QF LAX-SYD) it is only 60k (< 9000 miles). Or should I be looking at the round trip mileage?
Old Jan 17, 10, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
miles posted today, 102,655. took forEVERRRRRrr
Old Jan 17, 10, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, WN, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
yup, still good as of 5pm EST

- I waffled on the first offer in December, tried unsucessfully to convince Mrs. jeffisu that we should both apply, but then it was gone.
- Saw the online links came back a week ago, but alas, they too went away.
- Then saw reports of people calling in to get the same offer - convinced my wife we should each apply - and called and did today, deal still on. Calling the 888 number the rep told me I was applying for the 100k offer, but just in case, make sure you state up front that you want this offer. Crossing fingers for approval...

Just like when you see a good airfare, jump on this now if you haven't.
Old Jan 17, 10, 4:29 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
Am I correct in thinking that the one partner airline award is more expensive than two oneworld airlines? SFO to SYD is 80k one partner airline, but if I do the same on two oneworld airlines (AA SFO-LAX QF LAX-SYD) it is only 60k (< 9000 miles). Or should I be looking at the round trip mileage?
you should be looking at round trip mileage. That trip would cost 100,000 miles. anyone know the rules for the 2 or more airline awards? Is it the same as the Asia miles(Cathay) one world award?- 5 stopovers, 2 transfers, and 2 open jaws?
Old Jan 17, 10, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aaron1262 View Post
you should be looking at round trip mileage. That trip would cost 100,000 miles. anyone know the rules for the 2 or more airline awards? Is it the same as the Asia miles(Cathay) one world award?- 5 stopovers, 2 transfers, and 2 open jaws?
Nobody seems to be interested in finding out the BA version of OneWorld award because it costs more miles in most scenario when comparing to using AA miles, for business class award. I know I would not use BA for this purpose as AA has much better "pricing" and rules - for example, with AA you can stopover once and connect twice at same city. If you want you can stopover 16 times (our last trip had 11 stopovers). Though AA only allows 1 openjaw but the stopovers and connections are far more valuable than the openjaw which in most people's cases, is being used to REDUCE the total mileage calculation as the miles of overland segment do not count against the distance. (it counts with the 16 segment limitation, but not for miles traveled.)

However, it is worth to find out (calling BA is an option btw) for those who are willing to sit in Y on longhaul flights - it may be worthwhile if one wants to zigzag. Stopover is not an issue because the regular award allows unlimited stopovers on the most direct route. Only when you want to zigzag then you need to investigate the distance-based OneWorld award.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: