Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Hertz4me
called and offer still valid you just have to call them , i almost thanked them for the 400k i have earned ^^
Thanks! I'll have my wife call tomorrow. With 100,000 miles each we should have enough to go to South Africa.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Passport Platinum, IHG Platinum and Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by richardvf
Well, just got my denial letter from Chase for the BA Visa. Credit score of over 780 and household income of 240K, but I was denied because of too many credit inquiries. In the last six months I re-financed my house, bought a new car, and applied for a Delta AMEX, Gold AMEX and a Citibank Premier Elite Visa, which I immediately cancelled. That was too much I guess. I will call Chase to complain, but I am not holding my breath. It really is ridiculous. I pay my credit card balances every month. It has probably been 15 years since I last paid interest on a credit card. The only debt I have is a car loan (from Chase I might add) in which in the last three months I have paid 13K (reducing the initial loan balance from 24K to 11K) and a $860 per month mortgage that has a balance of less than 170K. This is on an income of 240K per year! I also have a Chase Southwest Visa Signature card with a 35K credit limit, but yet I can't even get a BA Visa Signature card, which only requires a 5K credit limit. I am going to cancel my Southwest Visa Signature card, pay off my car loan and never do business with Chase again. Good bye 100,000 miles.
Well, I took the advice of another member and called the Chase backdoor number to appeal the denial. Initially spoke to a credit analyst named Michelle, who flat out denied any consideration for the BA card based on the # of my credit inquiries. I suggested that she could reduce my Chase Southwest Visa card 35K credit limit for me to get the BA card, but she refused that suggestion. I pointed out my income, excellent payment history, longtime relationship with Chase, credit lines and 785 FICO score, but she didn't care. All she kept on saying is that Chase does not look at FICO scores, and that she was not going to extend me any additional credit because of the # of credit inquiries.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. After a 10 minute credit review with the supervisor, he agreed, subject to verification, to approve me for a BA card with a 5K limit (which I believe is the minimum limit for a Visa Signature card), contingent on my agreement to reduce the limit on my Southwest Visa card from 35K to 30K. I have to say that the first $10 per hour credit analyst I spoke was a moron. The supervisor was better and was willing to hear me out. The supv and I did figure out that I was dinged three times when I bought my car in September. The dealership pulled my credit as well as B of A and Chase when dealership was shopping around for a lender for the car loan.

Last edited by richardvf; Jan 15, 2010 at 8:33 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by rmerikle
I want to make sure I am not missing anything. I now have 100K miles thanks to this group. I want to book a flight from Seattle to San Juan Puerto Rico. The BA site is not showing any partner flights, but when I go to AA's site they are showing a ton of reward flights to this location. I called and a rather useless rep was not able to help either. Is there anything else I can try or do?
You seem to be right. I can't get the BA website to show any AA availability on numerous dates I checked, and even for simple one leg trips such as SEA-DFW on Dec 7th where AA shows there is availability on every flight. Only once or twice have I ever been able to get BA.com to show partner award availability.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
We got our 50K miles deposited on the say the 1st statement closed. Eventhough we had made more than 2K in purchases before the statement end, we didn't get the full 100K, but based on earlier posts, it looks like we should get it during the next cycle.

Btw, I had sent a message using the website asking for the 1st year fee to be waived and they waived it the very next day!

Thanks a bunch FT for this fantastic deal
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by the_jaguar
We got our 50K miles deposited on the say the 1st statement closed. Eventhough we had made more than 2K in purchases before the statement end, we didn't get the full 100K, but based on earlier posts, it looks like we should get it during the next cycle.

Btw, I had sent a message using the website asking for the 1st year fee to be waived and they waived it the very next day!

Thanks a bunch FT for this fantastic deal
Would you please tell/PM me the person that waive the fee? Thank you!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milemission
Chase doesn't really operate that way (i.e. it's not cool to request the assistance of "Bobby 4716").
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by milemission
Unfortunately, I deleted the note that was sent to me on the Chase website...
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by the_jaguar

Hmmm... I just send them a secure message asking for the fee to be waived as well. No hopes in accomplishing that but if they do it would be nice.

Also have no miles posted yet, albeit the statement closed today so maybe it takes some time for them to post.

We'll see.

--Russ
Old Jan 16, 2010, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
Also have no miles posted yet, albeit the statement closed today so maybe it takes some time for them to post.

We'll see.

--Russ
Did they show on your statement?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by QL_714
Did they show on your statement?
no, the statement doesn't exist yet
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Update just approved so the moving around of credit worked subject to verification originally told it would be 35k limit but it is 45k (not complaining), but Chase works in mysterious ways. I am confused what operations is -- seems kind of like they do a lot of different cards, but they came through.

1 inquiry in 3 months
2 inquiries in 6 months (I just checked)
750+ credit score transunion if that helps people...
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
no, the statement doesn't exist yet
Mine showed in BA account a day after the Chase statement was available to view. They need to be showing on your Chase statement.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Originally Posted by richardvf
Well, I took the advice of another member and called the Chase backdoor number to appeal the denial. Initially spoke to a credit analyst named Michelle, who flat out denied any consideration for the BA card based on the # of my credit inquiries. I suggested that she could reduce my Chase Southwest Visa card 35K credit limit for me to get the BA card, but she refused that suggestion. I pointed out my income, excellent payment history, longtime relationship with Chase, credit lines and 785 FICO score, but she didn't care. All she kept on saying is that Chase does not look at FICO scores, and that she was not going to extend me any additional credit because of the # of credit inquiries.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. After a 10 minute credit review with the supervisor, he agreed, subject to verification, to approve me for a BA card with a 5K limit (which I believe is the minimum limit for a Visa Signature card), contingent on my agreement to reduce the limit on my Southwest Visa card from 35K to 30K. I have to say that the first $10 per hour credit analyst I spoke was a moron. The supervisor was better and was willing to hear me out. The supv and I did figure out that I was dinged three times when I bought my car in September. The dealership pulled my credit as well as B of A and Chase when dealership was shopping around for a lender for the car loan.
told you it would work , i had to do the same thing, first rep said "Nope" asked for a supervisor and she took care of it
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Originally Posted by zink88
Did you get written confirmation of the 100,000 bonus miles? Got this card for my wife and me from on-line applications in December, and both of us received emails confirming the 100,000 bonus miles. I'd like to apply for my oldest daughter, but you can't take a screenshot of a phone call.

called in for a friend to see if the offer was still valid,
you couldnt believe how many people i asked and nobody signed up
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Had applied for DW last week when the offer became active again. Had called next day and was told that the application was denied. She was friendly and went over the credit history in minute details over the phone and the lady would not budge. Nothing doing. Have done 2 app-o-rama in 2009 and 2 in 2008 but otherwise spotless credit history with high credit limits on most open accounts, no late payments, solid income and zero debt, FICO of 750+. She said its the recent app-o-ramas which is an issue.

Called 2 more time this week and both times, similar story. Got a female rep each time and she just would not agree to reconsider or move the available credit from the other open Chase card account. Called again this morning and got a male rep who immediately accepted the request to be reconsidered and to move some of the available credit line. He put us on hold and came back after 2-3 minutes saying that he has gone ahead and submitted a request to move 10K of the larger available credit line from the other card and approve the BA card. It is subject to verification and that we should hear the final decision within 30 days.

Anybody has had similar experience and were their application approved? If this request is approved, I wonder if the card will have the same 100K promo applied or will it be a current measely promo.

Would appreciate input from the experts and experienced ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.