Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:50 am

I sent an e-mail to waive the annual fee and here is the response I got:

"I have removed the annual fee from your account under the
first year annual fee waiver program and only as a
courtesy. However, this is a valid fee and will not be
removed in the future. In addition, please be advised that
if the full terms and conditions of the account are not
completed, we reserve the right to remove any bonus miles
you have received.

The first year annual fee waiver was a one time offer and
is no longer part of any enrollment incentive. Please
disregard any information you may receive on any non Chase
Internet site or that you may receive from friends as the
terms and conditions that were associated with your
application are the valid terms for your specific account.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center."

At least it was taken off but she seemed a little perturbed to say the least.

Last edited by lucent23; Jan 4, 2010 at 4:09 pm
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:14 pm

(earlier post by happy)
"It is much preferred to resolve the missing BAEC number issue BEFORE your statement date. (Mine was missing despite it was input on the application form, but I sent a secured email the day I got my card without BAEC number on it. The issued was resolved in 2 days and I got a replacement card with BAEC number a week BEFORE the statement closing date.)

Now you would need to do more legwork to get this resolved and the stuck miles be transferred again to the matching BAEC account. (it has no match until your resolve it.)

If your BAEC number is on your card, and is accurate. Your miles take 2 business days to show up in your BAEC account, not counting the weekends"

----------------------------------------------------------------
Happy, thanks very much for this tip. Would you believe I composed a polite and thorough email on the Chase site only to have an error message appear that it could not be sent. Tried it a couple of times but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I can get it through. In any case, thanks again for the very good information.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:54 pm
jdl

I got my first BA statement but no 50K miles. I wrote secure email to Chase asking where the miles were. They said "... Please allow six to eight weeks after completing qualifying activity for the bonus miles to be posted to the account." I wrote again a few days later and got the same answer.

In reading through the thread I could have sworn many people got their first 50K miles right away, and they even got all 100K if they managed to spend 2K in the first billing period. Is my memory faulty or are people getting the miles faster than me?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Both of our accounts' first 50k bonuses posted on the date of our first statement. (Or maybe a day or two later...max.)
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jdl
I got my first BA statement but no 50K miles.
Were the miles on the Chase statement?

My recollection is that most saw miles on the Chase statement and then on the BA account a few days later, but some didn't, asked Chase and got the 6-8 weeks reply.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:57 pm

Well, some funny stuff.

BAEC says i don't qualify for the full 100,000 bonus miles, when i called on Friday. They said i would only qualify for 50,000, due to previous BA/Chase membership card (which is weird b/c i've never had a BA account or flew with them before). I don't even think I've ever had a Chase card before. I told them Chase activation said i was approved for the full 100,000 bonus upon completion of $2,000 spend. BA said Chase activation dept. misinformed me, and will only get 50,000 miles upon the $2,000 spend.

So, I secured email Chase today, and Chase says that BA is misinformed and I will get the full 100,000 miles upon $2,000 spend.

They both say that the other affiliate is misinforming me, lol. I have a feeling from previous posts that Chase is usually right on these matters, but the back and forth is kind of funny to say the least.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by frankiwa
Well, some funny stuff.

BAEC says i don't qualify for the full 100,000 bonus miles, when i called on Friday. They said i would only qualify for 50,000, due to previous BA/Chase membership card (which is weird b/c i've never had a BA account or flew with them before). I don't even think I've ever had a Chase card before. I told them Chase activation said i was approved for the full 100,000 bonus upon completion of $2,000 spend. BA said Chase activation dept. misinformed me, and will only get 50,000 miles upon the $2,000 spend.

So, I secured email Chase today, and Chase says that BA is misinformed and I will get the full 100,000 miles upon $2,000 spend.

They both say that the other affiliate is misinforming me, lol. I have a feeling from previous posts that Chase is usually right on these matters, but the back and forth is kind of funny to say the least.

This is funny to see this go back and forth.

I will definitely keep the latest response from Chase, and will ONLY present that version to Chase IF you have to fight for the full 100K miles.

Also, as Happy mentioned, we should go with Chase's version since it is the entity that pays out the 100K miles. Since you have it in writing, you should be fine.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA *G .64MM; AmEx Plat freebies (HH Gold, Marriott Gold)
Question BT: Chase MP+ to Chase BA?

Originally Posted by scotty00
Call Chase or do it through Chase.com
does Chase restrict/prohibit BTs from one Chase CC to another, i.e. can you do a BT from Chase MP+ platinum to the Chase BA signature for the initial spending requirement? Alternatively, can I use a Chase BA check to put $$ in my own Chase checking acct & use that money later to pay balance due on Chase BA CC? That would certainly take care of the initial $2K spend which is all I was looking to do anyway....

LBsquared
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by upgrader
(earlier post by happy)
"It is much preferred to resolve the missing BAEC number issue BEFORE your statement date. (Mine was missing despite it was input on the application form, but I sent a secured email the day I got my card without BAEC number on it. The issued was resolved in 2 days and I got a replacement card with BAEC number a week BEFORE the statement closing date.)

Now you would need to do more legwork to get this resolved and the stuck miles be transferred again to the matching BAEC account. (it has no match until your resolve it.)

If your BAEC number is on your card, and is accurate. Your miles take 2 business days to show up in your BAEC account, not counting the weekends"

----------------------------------------------------------------
Happy, thanks very much for this tip. Would you believe I composed a polite and thorough email on the Chase site only to have an error message appear that it could not be sent. Tried it a couple of times but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I can get it through. In any case, thanks again for the very good information.
Sometimes if your email is too long, or the time lapsed between your last click and the send button, the server would give you error message. I dont recall Chase has restrictions on characters used. Try to copy your message on a notepad before you click the send button - that way in case you encounter an error message, you do not need to start all over again. Also make sure you dont use signs such as hyphen etc that locate on the upper case of the first row of your keyboard - I hope you understand what I mean - these signs often cause secured emails be rejected but the websites do not always tell you so.

I also found often the banks sites have a time-out feature which often causing error message when I tried to compose a long secured mail. Hopefully you would not encounter server error message tomorrow.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 4, 2010 at 5:24 pm
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankiwa
Well, some funny stuff.

You should not even contact BAEC to begin with. Miles are from Chase, why you would contact BAEC who is NOT the entity to award you miles?

The Welcome email sent to you BY CHASE is what you would go by should anything happen differently and you need to fight the battle.

Right now, you are wasting your energy for nothing.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 4, 2010 at 5:31 pm
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You should not even contact BAEC to begin with. Miles are from Chase, why you would contact BAEC who is NOT the entity to award you miles?

Right now, you are wasting your energy for nothing.

No worries, Happy. Being on the phone with BAEC for 1 minute wasn't a big energy waster.

I told you that i contacted BAEC for something unrelated to the miles bonus, but asked about the bonus whilst I had them on the phone anyway. They said no dice on the bonus, and not to trust what Chase is saying. (No idea why they would say this)

Anyways, i secure emailed Chase and and they say no worries, that i am good.^
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:49 pm

First statement closed (not yet paid) and the 100k miles have posted seamlessly. I'm new to Chase/BA and extremely pleased. I also did the Amex 1000 mile transfer- should see the 5000 bonus miles hopefully not too far down the line.

Pretty impressed with the award availability - been looking at SFO -> india and more and seeing plenty in first. Looking forward to hitting $30k in spend and doubling up on the award.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Data Point: A 'friend' applied for the card late November, got the card in early December, charged up $2,000 the first week, statement closed on the 2nd, miles posted yesterday (100,000 - not sure if they posted as 50+50 or flat-out 100, etc.).
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:54 pm

Two data points:

I got my first statement and my 50K bonus was listed there. Same thing with someone else who applied. So far, everything has posted seamlessly.

I've reached my 2k spending and I expect the rest of the 50K miles to the posted at my next statement.

I've had Chase United before, and Chase is pretty good when it comes to miles posting (at least based on my experience).
Old Jan 4, 2010, 8:06 pm

how soon after the reward post is it safe to cancel the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.