Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 31, 09, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
Okay, i sent the secured email to Chase too, though i was planning on waiting to hear from BA first. I didn't want to have too many balls up in the air at the same time, from both Chase and BA, to minimize the confusion (as that seems to be quite frequent over there). I didn't want chase to fix the issue and then have the marketing dpt. at BA to screw it up again. We'll see.
You create the confusion for yourself.

It is Chase which gives you the miles, not BAEC. Again, you are talking to the wrong folks to begin with.

Go back to may be 2 to 3 weeks ago and read how many times secured emails not only have clarified many doubts but also resolved actual problems, such as missing BAEC member numbers in accounts, bonus miles not posted on time, etc etc etc

Spend some time reading some posts on this thread would give you the information how people get their affirmative responses from Chase regarding the bonuses.

One more time, the miles are awarded by Chase. Then Chase send the miles to BAEC to post to your account. If Chase gives you zip, you get zip. And it is only Chase which has the ability to go into your Chase account to see what offer is attached to it. If you still dont understand the concept or how things work, be my guest to find your own way by stumbling around and getting all sorts of wrong info in the process.

There are no less than a doz or so reports that secured emails have sorted out the questions / issues people have.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 31, 09 at 6:10 pm
Old Dec 31, 09, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

duplicate. deleted.
Old Dec 31, 09, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
You create the confusion for yourself.

It is Chase which gives you the miles, not BAEC. Again, you are talking to the wrong folks to begin with.

Spend some time reading some posts on this thread would give you the information how people get their affirmative responses from Chase regarding the bonuses.

Go back to may be 2 to 3 weeks ago and read how many times secured emails not only have clarified many doubts but also resolved actual problems, such as missing BAEC member numbers in accounts, bonus miles not posted on time, etc etc etc

One more time, the miles are awarded by Chase. Then Chase send the miles to BAEC to post to your account. If Chase gives you zip, you get zip. And it is only Chase which has the ability to go into your Chase account to see what offer is attached to it. If you still dont understand the concept or how things work, be my guest to find your own way by stumbling around and getting all sorts of wrong info in the process.

There are no less than a doz or so reports that secured emails have sorted out the questions / issues people have.
Happy, might want to change that username to disgruntled. I realize that people have had success using secured email, which is why i mentioned my intention to use it. The reason i had called BAEC was unrelated to the bonus miles alltogether, yet while they were on the phone they told me that i didn't get the full bonus miles and naturally I asked why not and they explained why and how they would remedy the situation through their marketing dept. I have sent a secure email to Chase as i had intended. I wasn't asking for further help on this thread regarding the bonus promotion, only telling others what my experience thus far has been (as they have done), in hopes it may be beneficial to them in some way.
Old Dec 31, 09, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy, might want to change that username to disgruntled. I realize that people have had success using secured email, which is why i mentioned my intention to use it. The reason i had called BAEC was unrelated to the bonus miles alltogether, yet while they were on the phone they told me that i didn't get the full bonus miles and naturally I asked why not and they explained why and how they would remedy the situation through their marketing dept. I have sent a secure email to Chase as i had intended. I wasn't asking for further help on this thread regarding the bonus promotion, only telling others what my experience thus far has been (as they have done), in hopes it may be beneficial to them in some way.
Ain't we talking about the bonus miles you claimed BAEC said you are not eligible? And you get all confused or concerned?

I am just trying to point you the right way, as most others already got their cards AND in many cases, their bonuses already.

You are very late in the "game" - most early confusions and issues were reported, and more importantly, resolved, via secured emails. It has been demonstrated that the phone reps are very prone to give inaccurate information and creates confusion. The reps who man the secure email center seem to have more resources, do more research, and better equipped to answer / clarify / resolve issues.

That is why I told you that you are talking with the wrong folks regarding bonuses. It is Chase which awards you the bonuses. If you are confused or concerned, Chase is the entity you need to turn to, not BAEC.

In fact, check the posts under my name - you should find a post I basically copied the secured mail response from Chase right on this thread - that has answered queries people have, regarding the bonuses and the annual fee.
Old Jan 1, 10, 6:40 am

Happy, might want to change that username to disgruntled.
This is not nice and not appropriate. You are getting free advice from someone who is very experienced, knowledgeable, kind and looking to help everyone.
Old Jan 1, 10, 7:53 am

"Server Error" - Any other links to BA 100K offer?

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/

I'm getting a "Server Error" message when I click Apply Now. Is there another way to get to this offer? I've already got a BA card for myself and now I want one for my wife. I'll try the link again later, but wondered if there were others that might work right now.
Old Jan 1, 10, 8:43 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Di, AA Plat, Hyatt Glb
$30k in 2009 = 2 for 1?

Hi guys and Happy New Year!

I opened up one of these cards for me and one for my wife and charged $30k on each by 12/31 (yesterday).

Saw something on a BA site saying that the 2 for 1 starts 1/1/2010. But I talked to a CSR and they said 30k in a calendar year gets the 2 for 1 so I should get two of them.

Just curious as to whether anyone else is running into this?
Old Jan 1, 10, 9:29 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy View Post
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/

I'm getting a "Server Error" message when I click Apply Now. Is there another way to get to this offer? I've already got a BA card for myself and now I want one for my wife. I'll try the link again later, but wondered if there were others that might work right now.
It has been reported several times in this thread that the offer is now targeted, and that generic link does not work anymore.
Old Jan 1, 10, 10:17 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Strange

Anyone have their BA account disappear from their Chase account listing? It has been there for the past four weeks, and now, gone. Then when I clicked on "display/hide accounts" and tried to add it back, it said it was a business account and couldn't be added. Went to the business website and tried it there, and said it could not find that account associated with the cardholder.

I'm assuming since today's a holiday things will be unable to get resolved, even if I call, so I'm going to wait til tomorrow and try to get in touch with someone.
Old Jan 1, 10, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
It has been reported several times in this thread that the offer is now targeted, and that generic link does not work anymore.
Sorry buschoi.
Old Jan 1, 10, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta, USAirways, Hilton, Marriott
BA Visa Miles Bonus - transfers eligible?

To qualify for the 50k bonus the total purchases during the first 3 months by exceeding $2000...does anyone know if trasferring $2k in charges from another credit card would qualify?
Old Jan 1, 10, 11:36 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattburgh View Post
To qualify for the 50k bonus the total purchases during the first 3 months by exceeding $2000...does anyone know if trasferring $2k in charges from another credit card would qualify?
I guess you mean balance transfer? I don't think it is credit card purchase, so I would say no. Some posters, however, open a Citi checking account, fund it with the Chase BA, and use the money to pay off the credit card. This is discussed in another thread, though some have problems getting through the CSR to fund the new checking account with CC as a purchase rather than as a cash advance, so YMMV.
Old Jan 1, 10, 11:39 am

Chase's Terms and Conditions are quite clear on the issue of balance transfers from other credit cards: "The qualifying Spend Target of the BA/Chase Credit Card is 30,000 USD (the “Spend Target”). Qualifying spend does not include cash withdrawals, interest, balance transfers and fees."

The full T & C's can be found at:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_us
Old Jan 1, 10, 1:28 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
I guess you mean balance transfer? I don't think it is credit card purchase, so I would say no. Some posters, however, open a Citi checking account, fund it with the Chase BA, and use the money to pay off the credit card. This is discussed in another thread, though some have problems getting through the CSR to fund the new checking account with CC as a purchase rather than as a cash advance, so YMMV.
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Chase's Terms and Conditions are quite clear on the issue of balance transfers from other credit cards: "The qualifying Spend Target of the BA/Chase Credit Card is 30,000 USD (the “Spend Target”). Qualifying spend does not include cash withdrawals, interest, balance transfers and fees."

The full T & C's can be found at:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_us
However, this is not the case for this Credit Card. On the application page, under number 3:

To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances.
So balance transfer would work.

EDIT: for the $2K requirement, but not for the $30K, as Steve in Olympia explained.
Old Jan 1, 10, 2:05 pm

2for1 Voucher Fare Code?

Hi All,

So once you have the 2for1 voucher and find yourself an F award seat, does the voucher require an additional F award seat to be available at the same time or do they open one based on the use of the certificate?

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: