Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This seems to have happened to a number of applicants who applied for the BA Visa while traveling outside of the US. Perhaps it was the IP addresses tied to the online application and named applicant that were used to trigger such requests.

Short of calling in and/or sending in the requested material, there's no guarantee that the card will come and the account allowed to remain open.
I applied from outside of the US and had the letter asking for details sent to my US address. I called, also from outside of the US, and they asked a few questions such as 'in which city did you live on 21st street?' (with a list of possible answers). They then said that my application would be processed. A few days later I called again and was told 'it likes like we approved this'. I now have the 100,000 miles safely in my BA account, awaiting use on AA or LA in order to avoid YQ fees.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:29 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
first order of business after arriving home from Australia... called BA | Chase... csr confirmed I'd be getting the 100k promo, so I activated it.

now let the spending begin!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: UA*S A3*G TK *G EY G AA G RJ Gold IHG Spire Amb HH DIamond Marriott Gold BW DIAMOND SELECT
How do I get the offer?

The links only point to 30,000 miles. Should I go into Chase and ask about it? Or try to contact BA? or does someone have a CURRENT link to the 100,000 offer? tia
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Yes, the 100k miles posted immediately on my BA account after I spent over $2k (excluding the $75 fee!) during my first statement period.
The miles posted when you hit the spend target, rather than at the statement closing date?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:20 am

Any idea when the 100K will hit our accounts ?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by whitedoor
Any idea when the 100K will hit our accounts ?
Try reading the last half a dozen pages of this thread. There are a number of first person accounts of how this happened for them.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
The miles posted when you hit the spend target, rather than at the statement closing date?
After statement closing date in our case.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Happy
After statement closing date in our case.
and in everyone else's case, as is standard practice. USAFAN, in #1862, said miles posted immediately following the spend.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, SPG
Originally Posted by flyinhy
The links only point to 30,000 miles. Should I go into Chase and ask about it? Or try to contact BA? or does someone have a CURRENT link to the 100,000 offer? tia
unfortunately the deal seems to be over, you are late, just like i am
can't believe i missed out on such a great opportunity
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and in everyone else's case, as is standard practice. USAFAN, in #1862, said miles posted immediately following the spend.
Dont take his words LITERALLY. He might very well mean it was right after the first statement in which he met the spending requirement.

In fact there are a high % of folks who DONT receive their bonuses after statement closing date - that leads to me speculating the bonuses are transferred in batch processing fashion, quite similar to what BofA handling AS bonuses.

So it is possible, though remotely, USAFAN's timing was just perfect to catch the immediate batch processing and saw his bonuses posted before statement closing.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by hihik
Yep. And we'll keep seeing this thread pop up now wishing we had seen it when it was valid.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:02 pm

richarddd:

Here is what I posted, sorry I wasn't aware that this was a little misleading:

"Yes, the 100k miles posted immediately on my BA account after I spent over $2k (excluding the $75 fee!) during my first statement period."

I should have added: ..... after statement closing date

... and the miles showed up on the BA account one or two days after the statement closing date.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by hihik
It looks like this 100,0000 miles deal is still alive.

Check here: http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
It looks like this 100,0000 miles deal is still alive.

Check here: http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/
Does it give you a server error message when you click apply now? I couldn't get this to work.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 3:28 pm

I should have added: ..... after statement closing date

... and the miles showed up on the BA account one or two days after the statement closing date.
Excellent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.