Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 26, 09, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Supratik View Post

1. Any spending on the card prior to January 1st, 2010 will not count towards the "2010 30k total"?

No, it will NOT.

2. If I hypothetically spend 30k on January 2nd, will I have to wait until December 2010 to receive the companion ticket?

Per BA's website:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_us

Cardmember is eligible for only one Voucher each calendar year. Cardmember will receive the Voucher 4-6 weeks after the billing cycle when the Cardmember reaches $30,000 in purchases, and will not be eligible for another Voucher until the next calendar year.

It is not a companion ticket. It is a voucher that enable you to claim a 2-for-1 reward. That is a companion reward of the same level. The reward must be on BA metal (thus subj to BA's horrendous fuel surcharges). The voucher is good for 2 years.

See reply in Blue.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 26, 09 at 1:55 pm
Old Dec 26, 09, 1:58 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY D, MR G, CC S, IHG P
Deleted - duplicates previous poster's response
Old Dec 26, 09, 2:01 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Presidential Club.
Thanks so much guys for your quick responses. I didn't realize that the 2-for-1 applies only to BA metal, so I will probably not be using that aspect of the promotion for my family's upcoming trip to East Asia, but will save it for something else.
Old Dec 26, 09, 2:33 pm
Suspended

...I will not be spending 30k prior to January 1st, 2010, but I definitely will sometime in January. Does this mean:

1. Any spending on the card prior to January 1st, 2010 will not count towards the "2010 30k total"?

2. If I hypothetically spend 30k on January 2nd, will I have to wait until December 2010 to receive the companion ticket?

Again, apologies if this has been addressed. Thanks to everyone for all the advice.
Supratikbabu, why don't you call Chase and ask them these questions, so that all of us may be suitably enlightened?
Old Dec 26, 09, 3:34 pm

As posters on this thread have demonstrated numerous times, phone calls to Chase CSRs produce conflicting and incorrect answers about BA benefits.

You would have better luck calling BA, instead of Chase. After all, it is BA that awards the voucher, not Chase. Chase merely reports to BA the dollars spent.

If you call a CSR at either Chase or BA, they will simply read the Terms & Conditions to you, or give you their interpretation.

But all of these questions are clearly answered in the Terms & Conditions, which you can easily read yourself:

www.ba.com/redeemfor1travelfor2

Old Dec 26, 09, 6:49 pm

Flummoxed ...

Totally weird. My statement closed yesterday and here is it shows.

Miles earned for purchases this period 5,008
Enrollment bonus miles 50,000
First Use bonus miles 50,000
Total miles transferred to Executive Club 0
Total miles unavailable for redemption 105,008.

Today, I received another "replacement card" from them. This is the 3rd BA one they have sent me. I had received one 10 days back after I complained that my Executive # was missing from the card.

To top it all, I also received a letter today dated 21-Dec that they have now closed my BA card (and 2 other Chase cards).

No miles in my BA executive account so far.

I dont know what to make of all this.
Old Dec 26, 09, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mp_fms View Post
Call Chase.

Is the credit card listed in your online account?

It can take a few days (more in rare cases) for the miles to show up at BA.
Old Dec 26, 09, 7:48 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Presidential Club.

1. December 11: Applied for the card for me and rest of family.

2. December 18: Rest of family (except me) get mailed statements requiring proof of residence. We are able to call and get them to prove who we are over the phone and bypass the whole "mail proof of identity to Chase" thing.

3. December 21: Via phone, we learn that Dad has been approved.

4. December 23: Chase's lending department calls to let me know that I've been recommended for approval, but they need to lower my credit limit due to my United Chase card. I'm fine with this.

4. December 26: Dad gets card in the mail. The rest of us are still waiting. Going to activate Dad's card later today (and verify that it is indeed for the 50/50 thing, which I'm pretty sure it is).
Wanted to throw in a quick update that my brother got approved today, according to the automated phone message. Also, we activated Dad's account, and confirmed that it is indeed for the 50/50 awards. Still waiting on mine and one other family member's card.
Old Dec 26, 09, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mp_fms View Post
Totally weird. My statement closed yesterday and here is it shows.

Miles earned for purchases this period 5,008
Enrollment bonus miles 50,000
First Use bonus miles 50,000
Total miles transferred to Executive Club 0
Total miles unavailable for redemption 105,008.

Today, I received another "replacement card" from them. This is the 3rd BA one they have sent me. I had received one 10 days back after I complained that my Executive # was missing from the card.

To top it all, I also received a letter today dated 21-Dec that they have now closed my BA card (and 2 other Chase cards).

No miles in my BA executive account so far.

It takes 2 days at least for the BA account to reflect the miles, not taking into account of the weekend.

However, the wording on your statement clearly states that your miles have NOT been transferred to BAEC yet. But you are definitely awarded such miles.

You need to call Chase to find out what is going on.

Also, if the card is closed, the automatic message would tell you so.

What is the reason(s) given on the Dec 21 letter regarding the closure of your Chase accounts?

Today I also received my 3rd BA card which is the 2nd one that came with the BAEC number on it after Chase finally verified my existing BAEC number that had gone missing despite being put on the application form.

However my statement closed on 12/23 shows the miles are transferred to BAEC which also reflects the miles since yesterday.
Old Dec 27, 09, 12:53 am

Anyone have a link to a bonus for adding a second cardholder to an exiting account?
Old Dec 27, 09, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
Anyone have a link to a bonus for adding a second cardholder to an exiting account?
Household mileage pooling is an Executive Club benefit, not a bonus.
Old Dec 27, 09, 2:25 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
another data point?

My first statement closed on 12/19 and I see the 2,598 spend miles AND the 50,000 for first use bonus but NOT the other 50,000 miles for already spending over $2k....I was under the impression that all 100k miles post immediately if you spend over $2k in your first statement...Thoughts?
Old Dec 27, 09, 3:58 am

Reasons for closing my cards are too many credit requests, Current loan amount on open accounts, and not enough credit information on file.

However, my credit utilisation is extremely low (I pay my balance in full every month). The other card they closed is the Chase Cash Plus (5% grocery card) which I have had for 3 years now and I regularly used it. They had approved the BA card by closing my Amtrak card. I even paid up the BA annual fee of $75!

Anyone else in the same boat as me. Do you think they intend to transfer the miles to my account? What to make of "Total miles unavailable for redemption". And why send me another replacement card if they cancelled the card on Dec 21!
Old Dec 27, 09, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Household mileage pooling is an Executive Club benefit, not a bonus.
My request wasn't clear: Getting a second BA Visa card from Chase for a second user on the same BA Visa card account is what I'm interested in. Some credit card programs offer a few thousand bonus miles for getting the second credit card on the same cc account.

I know this is different from having two or more BAEC accounts entwined into a household account for BA.

If anyone has a link or has seen any info on the materials Chase has sent, I'd be very interested.
Old Dec 27, 09, 7:22 am

Programs: AA, BA, DL, SPG and Marriott
Thanks so much guys for your quick responses. I didn't realize that the 2-for-1 applies only to BA metal, so I will probably not be using that aspect of the promotion for my family's upcoming trip to East Asia, but will save it for something else.
Originally Posted by needtoescape View Post
I think you just got bad information from the CSR on the phone. I applied for the card Dec 11 (I posted earlier in this thread and noted the dates I received emails and confirmed card approval). Yesterday (12/23) I received the "Welcome BA cardmember - Get your 100,000 bonus miles‏" email. This email describes the terms and conditions for the two bonuses as follows (I added bolding):

"1 You will receive 50,000 bonus BA Miles with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for 1 transatlantic reward flight in World Traveller, economy class from the USA to Europe Zone 1, or choose to redeem for another qualifying flight. Europe Zone 1 includes the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges. You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus BA Miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

2 You will receive 50,000 bonus BA Miles with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for 1 transatlantic reward flight in World Traveller, economy class from the USA to Europe Zone 1, or choose to redeem for another qualifying flight. Europe Zone 1 includes the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus BA Miles to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/ accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. "
So can you use the 100k miles booking thru BA for airline partners like Quantas, AA, and Iberia and not travel to Europe?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: