Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 23, 09, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott/SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Existing card holder still gets promo deal?

Hi all, Has anyone who already has an existing BA Chase visa tried to get the new promo? I have had a card for years and thought I would try for the new card, just in case. I have confirmation via secured email that I do qualify. Will this hold up? Luckily, DH never had the card, so at least we have one bonus coming our way. Thank you again for all of the extremely helpful info on this site!
Old Dec 23, 09, 1:35 pm

We have four BA Chase cardholders in my household --- two with pre-existing cards, and two with the new 100k bonus.

Oddly enough, my pre-existing card yesterday received 3,365 "promotional bonus miles" posted to my account, although my spending was only $400 in the billing period.

I have no idea why I received these miles, but I am not going to call and ask them!
Old Dec 23, 09, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott/SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Hi Steve, Thanks for the confirmation. I am so glad I applied at the very last minute! I thought it was worth the try and apparently it was. Great luck on your extra promotional bonus miles. :-)
Old Dec 23, 09, 3:30 pm

Perhaps I wasn't clear...... these four cards are held by four different people.
Old Dec 23, 09, 4:27 pm

yep, I thought you had received the new card with the bonus even with having an existing card....
Old Dec 23, 09, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
FYI: My wife applied for the card on Dec 11th (when the offer was not available in the BA homepage anymore, but via the link posted in the OP). We activated the card last night and received an email confirming the 100K mile offer. Good news that this offer is available to folks who signed up after the 10th
Old Dec 23, 09, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Ditto here.

Signed up last friday, and just received secure email confirmation that we are getting the 50/50 offer.

BD

FYI: My wife applied for the card on Dec 11th (when the offer was not available in the BA homepage anymore, but via the link posted in the OP). We activated the card last night and received an email confirming the 100K mile offer. Good news that this offer is available to folks who signed up after the 10th
Old Dec 23, 09, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by boomdog View Post
Ditto here.

Signed up last friday, and just received secure email confirmation that we are getting the 50/50 offer.

BD
Last Friday was Dec 18. Is that what you mean or did you apply Dec 11?
Old Dec 23, 09, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Last Friday was Dec 18. Is that what you mean or did you apply Dec 11?
Actually, last Friday (Dec 18) is when I received the BA exec club membership. But that was within a day or two of when I applied, as I recall. I'm on travel now, and don't have my records.

BD
Old Dec 23, 09, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by boomdog View Post
Actually, last Friday (Dec 18) is when I received the BA exec club membership. But that was within a day or two of when I applied, as I recall. I'm on travel now, and don't have my records.

BD

That is reassuring, as i believe i applied on Dec 18. I called the number at the beginning of the thread, and have been verified of approval and size of the credit limit. We shall see if i get the same secured email noting the bonus miles.
Old Dec 23, 09, 11:23 pm

Thumbs down Chase is now saying "too bad you sucker" -SLEAZY!

Upon learning that the 50/50 offer expired, I called Chase to ask about my situation:

1. Dec 4th Applied (on line using the BA link with the 50/50 promotion)

2. Dec 5th Received e-mail from Chase letting me know I'll hear in 15 days

3. Dec 12th - "Promotion Period" ended (I'm told)

4. Dec 21 - "Welcome to Executive Club" e-mail sent (I was not a prior member so I assumed my card application was being approved)

5. Dec 22 - New BA visa card appears as an account on my chase.com listing of accounts but the card hasn't been received yet.

I called Chase and asked if I'd receive the full 50k/50k since I applied before the end of the promotion period. They told me "no" that the card had to be used initially and the $2,000 in charges incurred before the end of the promotion period. I'd get the current promotion (substantially less valuable).
HAS ANYONE BEEN ADVISED OTHERWISE? ANYONE ELSE APPLY BEFORE THE CUT-OFF BUT GET APPROVED AFTER?

To "bait" people to apply with an offer and then yank it later seems sleazy (illegal?). I have no problem with them ending the promotion to new applicants w/o notice. But if you apply under the terms offered, it really stinks for them to change the rules later.
Old Dec 23, 09, 11:27 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by bofc View Post
Upon learning that the 50/50 offer expired, I called Chase to ask about my situation:

4. Dec 21 - "Welcome to Executive Club" e-mail sent (I was not a prior member so I assumed my card application was being approved)

5. Dec 22 - New BA visa card appears as an account on my chase.com listing of accounts but the card hasn't been received yet.

I called Chase and asked if I'd receive the full 50k/50k since I applied before the end of the promotion period. They told me "no" that the card had to be used initially and the $2,000 in charges incurred before the end of the promotion period. I'd get the current promotion (substantially less valuable).
HAS ANYONE BEEN ADVISED OTHERWISE? ANYONE ELSE APPLY BEFORE THE CUT-OFF BUT GET APPROVED AFTER?

To "bait" people to apply with an offer and then yank it later seems sleazy (illegal?). I have no problem with them ending the promotion to new applicants w/o notice. But if you apply under the terms offered, it really stinks for them to change the rules later.
That's strange. I would send a Secure Mail through chase.com and see if you don't get a different answer. The phone CSRs aren't always correct.
Old Dec 23, 09, 11:34 pm

While I sympathize with your situation (as i may soon be in a similar situation if i do not get the bonus upon my approval), and though it is relevant to the thread, I would suggest not posting the same question in so many locations (3 that i am aware of) or you may not get replies back in the future. Good luck with resolving the matter. I would also recommend sending a secure email to chase. Cheers
Old Dec 24, 09, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to wait about a week to get my card after seeing it appear on Chase.com. I think I received my card after the cutoff period too but I didn't even realize there was a cutoff.

I would also suggest you contact the secure message center with this caveat:

Simply ask them (nicely) to confirm your understanding of the promotion--that you are getting the 50/50 offer. I think when you explain to them about the timing with the promotion expiration etc, it gets too complicated. Clearly you are feeling frustrated at this point, and that doesn't help the verbal communication.

So far the secure message center has been excellent. They appear to work 24/7 and the responses have been quick and accurate. Don't waste your time calling.

btw, I remember a rep. saying the $2000 charge has to be made within 93 days from the initial application date.

Last edited by ChaseTheMiles; Dec 24, 09 at 7:18 pm
Old Dec 24, 09, 3:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
No, I hadn't. But the response I got confirmed that the Plat card was also eligible and that I should simply wait 6-8 weeks. Humbug.
The message center responded saying they've credited my account with the bonus and it should post with the next statement. I guess they don't have any way of expediting it before the statement closes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: