Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 22, 09, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes View Post
First statement closed. Only miles posted were the 1.25x spending. Someone on FW reported being denied the bonus miles. Hope I'm not in that boat as well.
Did they confirm you would get the bonus miles when you activated, by email or otherwise?

Have you asked why you didn't get the bonus?
Old Dec 22, 09, 2:25 pm

Programs: 1-k spg gold
Received my cards today, activation explained the benifits very clearly. Great program, generous miles, and good connections from Seattle. Yippe.
Old Dec 22, 09, 2:49 pm

Did u sneak in under the at-the-time still working link after the supposed deadline?

I'm one of those that applied with the link on the 17th of December. I received my pin and member number from BA Executive Club yesterday, but no email saying i got the bonus miles and no current bonus miles listed on the BA exec site, and no word or emails from Chase yet. Haven't got the cards yet.

Anyone sneak into the promo last week and get verified of the bonus miles yet?
Old Dec 22, 09, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn View Post
Quite right; looks like this is truly over.
I just tried it and Unfortunately it doesnt go thru although its the old page, a couple of friends will be disappointed once again

Last edited by craz; Dec 22, 09 at 9:55 pm
Old Dec 22, 09, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aitchly View Post
When I activated I did not give an email address since Chase already has mine; SO did give an email. I did not get the email confirmation, SO did. Perhaps it has to do with activation procedures?
I dont recall to give email address at activation. The email address is in the application itself.

I also dont believe Chase software is smart enough to link all cards together with the same email address. Some people may choose to have different email addresses for different cards. Who knows?

For those in doubt, upthread there were reports that people got confirmation on details of bonuses and benefits via inquiries made thru secured email.

I would venture to say all those who applied before or on Nov 30 and do not have a BA card before, should have no issue getting their bonuses. Those who applied after the official deadline but using the viable URL may or may not have issues.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 22, 09 at 3:12 pm
Old Dec 22, 09, 3:26 pm

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by craz View Post
Nope I just tried it and it showed up 100k and sent it off to some friends who didnt apply before this
I also get the server error when you try to actually apply.
Old Dec 22, 09, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
Did they confirm you would get the bonus miles when you activated, by email or otherwise?

Have you asked why you didn't get the bonus?
I called today and she stated it could take 1-2 statements. Hard to believe with everyone else getting them quickly. I did not get a confirmation, she says it shows I should(although listening to her research it, I'm not convinced it's marked on my account as such, just that she saw I applied in the window).
Old Dec 22, 09, 4:34 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Nope I just tried it and it showed up 100k and sent it off to some friends who didnt apply before this
click the apply button
Old Dec 22, 09, 6:18 pm

Can anyone do me a huge favor? If you have 100K miles posted already, would you kindly try booking to see how many miles needed and how much the fees are to go to Singapore from DFW? I only have 50k miles posted and every time I tried booking it, it showed that I had not enough mileage so I'm not sure about how much the fees are. I need to make a decision fast whether to buy the US miles that currently under a promotion (double bonus) that will expire on 12/31 or to use these 100k BA miles. Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 09, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
My online Chase account now lists the card and the benefits. It does not list the two 50,000 mile bonuses. Is this typical? Or does it mean I won't get the bonuses?

I haven't yet received the card.

Other posters upthread gave excellent advice:

1. Sit tight; the card will arrive in 1 to 2 weeks. (I waited about 7 days.)

2. Use Chase's excellent secure message center to send an email to (politely) confirm your bonus offer, and you will get a reply. Save that reply as your proof. Their message center reps. apparently work around the clock as I have received replies very quickly.
Old Dec 22, 09, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltravel View Post
Can anyone do me a huge favor? If you have 100K miles posted already, would you kindly try booking to see how many miles needed and how much the fees are to go to Singapore from DFW? I only have 50k miles posted and every time I tried booking it, it showed that I had not enough mileage so I'm not sure about how much the fees are. I need to make a decision fast whether to buy the US miles that currently under a promotion (double bonus) that will expire on 12/31 or to use these 100k BA miles. Thanks!
I have no miles at the moment. When I try booking, it tells me I have a shortfall of X miles. Doesn't it do that for you? To find fees, try booking a ticket for cash - fees will be the same according to many posts here.

When do you want to go? What class?
Old Dec 22, 09, 7:20 pm

Can anyone do me a huge favor? If you have 100K miles posted already, would you kindly try booking to see how many miles needed and how much the fees are to go to Singapore from DFW? !
Not completely sure about using your Chase/BA bonus miles for Singapore as I just read the fineprints on the initial 100k offer and it's only good for travel to Europe?--not sure if I'm reading this right.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will receive 50,000 bonus BA Miles with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for 1 transatlantic reward flight in World Traveller, economy class from the USA to Europe Zone 1, or choose to redeem for another qualifying flight. Europe Zone 1 includes the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges
Old Dec 22, 09, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One way in Y is 25k miles (50k for C) so you have enough to check availability, fees, and book one way (if you are so inclined).
Old Dec 22, 09, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sharka View Post
Not completely sure about using your Chase/BA bonus miles for Singapore as I just read the fineprints on the initial 100k offer and it's only good for travel to Europe?--not sure if I'm reading this right.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will receive 50,000 bonus BA Miles with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for 1 transatlantic reward flight in World Traveller, economy class from the USA to Europe Zone 1, or choose to redeem for another qualifying flight. Europe Zone 1 includes the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges
I suggest you check out the first post in this thread and/or the BA website.
Old Dec 22, 09, 7:53 pm

Can you direct me to which link you used and I've tried the ones posted/mentioned and those either gave me the 30,000mile deal or "technical error" message

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: