Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 22, 09, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
My online Chase account now lists the card and the benefits. It does not list the two 50,000 mile bonuses. Is this typical? Or does it mean I won't get the bonuses?

I haven't yet received the card.
You confuse Bonuses with Benefits.

If your card is qualified for the BONUSES, you will receive an email from Chase about a week after your application is approved, detailing BOTH the Bonuses and Benefits.
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi All,

Just wanted to follow up with my previous post about applying after the 'deadline', in which I had mentioned I'd screengrabbed the app etc as was recommened.

I had been checking the 800 # for about 3-4 days before getting bored of the same message. It had shifted to the "~ 2 weeks" automated notice and then stayed the same. I just checked back with it, and I have been approved (normal advertised interest rate and a average limit of my other chase lines), so it (was) definately still open to new applicants.

Something of interest though, is that I also got one of the targeted emails yesterday, enviting me to applying online at chase.com . As the other posts have mentioned, it was a targeted URL, so I won't post it obviously, and I won't be taking them up on their gracious offer to apply.
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Happy View Post

If your card is qualified for the BONUSES, you will receive an email from Chase about a week after your application is approved, detailing BOTH the Bonuses and Benefits.
Aha! I was concerned that they were using benefits in the dictionary meaning ("something that is advantageous or good" - which certainly includes 100,000 miles). Glad to hear they distinguish benefits and bonuses. I'll look forward to the card and email and hope there are no problems.
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:39 am

Both of the new cardholders in my household have received the bonus, but neither received any e-mail on that subject. YMMV.
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
How many does the bonus take following the statement? Also, does the bonus show up on the statement?
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Both of the new cardholders in my household have received the bonus, but neither received any e-mail on that subject. YMMV.
The majority of people posted on this thread received their emails.

Your emails may have gone to your Spam folder. Not saying this is the case, but it is a possibility.
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abcx View Post
How many does the bonus take following the statement? Also, does the bonus show up on the statement?
Bonus should show up on the statement.

Lately we have seen some data points that the bonuses are missing despite requirements have been met. It seems a secured email has resolved the issue for people who experience such.
Old Dec 22, 09, 10:57 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVP, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Just checked my BAEC account, saw 50,000 bonus miles credited since Dec 18 ^
Old Dec 22, 09, 12:44 pm

The majority of people posted on this thread received their emails.

Your emails may have gone to your Spam folder. Not saying this is the case, but it is a possibility.
When I activated I did not give an email address since Chase already has mine; SO did give an email. I did not get the email confirmation, SO did. Perhaps it has to do with activation procedures?
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:15 pm

First statement closed. Only miles posted were the 1.25x spending. Someone on FW reported being denied the bonus miles. Hope I'm not in that boat as well.
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by biouchra View Post
Hello,

Applied yesterday, got declined today (found out by calling a CSR). The reason is "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank". I am soooo tired of this reason.

I have been getting this reason for the last 3 years, since Chase closed down all my accounts one day for no reason (other than my churning of United and Continental CCs).

Was anybody able to get back on Chase's good side after being banned?

My credit score is in the mid 700s and I was never late, got a clean credit report.

Would a reconsideration letter be of any use?

It'd be great to find out if there is hope or if I should just focus on the other banks.

Thanks
I got the same denial letter in Nov, and I did write a nice and lengthy reconsideration letter and send it with the priority mail, but unfortunately it had NO impact -- I got the same short reply of "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank" a second time, and that is all.

My credit is very good, over 770+, and I am never late as well. I did a few (4 times in 3 years) UA churning but none others. I also had a real banking relationship with Chase for over 2 years, though I put down very little balance there. Then one day all my cards was suddently closed.. It was my first attempt to apply any chase card after over 15 months in waiting...

So, the "blacklist" will be life-time with no clear workaround? Also wondering whether I should keep waiting for more time (3+ years?) or just give up. If someone whose accounts have been closed by Chase before has ever successfully got another chase cc application approved, greatly appreciate if you could share...

Thanks

Last edited by susieling; Dec 22, 09 at 1:35 pm
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Deal back on!!

Here's a new link (from frugaltravelguy) that's working:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/britishairways/
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn View Post

Clicking Apply on that page results in:

Server Error

Due to a technical error, we are unable to process your application. You may try to submit your application again or try again later if the problem continues.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn View Post

I believe its targeted now..so you may want to call Chase to have them 'consider you' for the sweet offer. ^
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by dhacker View Post
Clicking Apply on that page results in:

Server Error

Due to a technical error, we are unable to process your application. You may try to submit your application again or try again later if the problem continues.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Quite right; looks like this is truly over.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: