Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 21, 09, 4:42 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by lad2 View Post
link?
it's targeted:

This invitation is just for you, so your application will be pre-populated with your name and address for your convenience. Apply before January 21, 2010, and take advantage of this amazing opportunity to earn enough BA Miles for 2 transatlantic reward flights
so it's useless for anyone except Bergy Bits. It sounds like the offer was sent to them by BAEC. Maybe sign up for BAEC and hope they send you a similar offer?
Old Dec 21, 09, 4:49 pm

To lad2

The link has a lot of my personal information in it & I don't know how to truncate it to make it useable to anyone else. It begins https://applynow.chase.com but after that appears information including my name, zip, and a solicitation number, none of which I'm willing to post. If you can help me make it generically useable, I'd be glad to give it a try.

Mr. Bean, I'm not sure why I would have been targeted now. I've belonged to BAEC for over a year & applied for the card under the old offer on December 11 & have been approved though I've received nothing yet other than a "congratulations" message on the automated line.

I mostly posted even though the offer is targeted at me because I was under the impression that the original offer also began as a targeted one and then became generally available, so I was hoping the same would be true this time as well.
Old Dec 21, 09, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Bergy Bits View Post
Mr. Bean, I'm not sure why I would have been targeted now. I've belonged to BAEC for over a year & applied for the card under the old offer on December 11 & have been approved though I've received nothing yet other than a "congratulations" message on the automated line.
Same thing here - US resident, member of BAEC for ~9 months, applied for card under the now-old offer link on Dec 11 evening and approved early last week. I'm waiting for the card to arrive, but just got the targeted offer email from BA.

Would guess it's because the systems just haven't synched since we applied last week. Or they eliminated active card members from their targeted list, which we aren't yet b/c we haven't gotten the card in the mail yet. But that's just speculation on my part.
Old Dec 21, 09, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Bergy Bits View Post
The link has a lot of my personal information in it & I don't know how to truncate it to make it useable to anyone else. It begins https://applynow.chase.com but after that appears information including my name, zip, and a solicitation number, none of which I'm willing to post. If you can help me make it generically useable, I'd be glad to give it a try.

I mostly posted even though the offer is targeted at me because I was under the impression that the original offer also began as a targeted one and then became generally available, so I was hoping the same would be true this time as well.
Try this with the link: just take out your info but leave the = and & characters in place (making it set to blank)...

like the original link
Code:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=CQ7K&CELL=6R8Y&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01&MKID=&MSC=
Old Dec 21, 09, 6:36 pm

new link

here you go guys:

URL removed by moderator. Links to personalized application

"Great news - now there is even more time to take advantage of our most generous British Airways
Visa Signature card1 offer. Apply before January 21, 2010, and before you know it, you could be using your 2 transatlantic reward tickets to explore the world. Start with 50,000 bonus BA Miles after your first purchase, good for a transatlantic reward flight2. Spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of your card membership and get 50,000 additional bonus BA Miles—enough for a second transatlantic reward flight3.
"

Last edited by aviators99; Dec 21, 09 at 10:03 pm Reason: Removed personalized link
Old Dec 21, 09, 6:36 pm
In memoriam

Well, I got denied for the BA 100K offer for too many inquiries (app submitted last month), and, following what I mined from this thread, called up a few days ago to ask for reconsideration.

Guy I talked to said there was nothing he could do due to number of inquiries (six in last six months, ten in past year per my recent Experian rpt).

I called back yesterday and talked to a lady who actually resubmitted my app and came back with the same sort of story, could not be granted due to inquiries and, she added, too many recent account openings (mostly churning Citi cards). I asked if closing some of the open accounts would help and was told that she couldn't tell me what could help, could only tell me why I was denied.

She then told me I would get a denial letter in the mail which makes me wonder if I haven't gotten another hard pull from the reconsideration.

Since I have only gotten around a million miles on AA, UAL, Delta etc from churning--opps, I mean using credit cards to best advantage. , I am a little upset at being denied this opportunity.

Should I call up again in a week or so and ask for another reconsideration?

I am planning to apply for a Citi AA card or two before the end of the year, perhaps after closing all my open AA acounts.

What a conundrum!

Last edited by biggestbopper; Dec 21, 09 at 6:53 pm
Old Dec 21, 09, 8:10 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Received my card on the mail today. Called for my husband again (application was sent out the same day as mine). Said they were going to decline him for insuficient credit history (he only has one credit card to his name - which we didn't really know!) but decided to reconsider and give him the card with a VERY low credit limit. We'll put the 30000 in his credit card next year - that should help build his credit.
Now - I have no sign up bonus offer details on my welcome package (no 50000 miles now, 50000 miles after 2000 dollars). Called Chase and they told me they can't access that information. What number should I call to confirm my sign up bonus is in place?
Old Dec 21, 09, 9:01 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: DL DM/2MM, AA EXP/2MM, UA GD/1MM, AS MVPG75k, LH SEN, IC RA, FRMT LT PLT, HYT GLOB, HLT DIA, HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by cpatel27 View Post
here you go guys:

"Great news - now there is even more time to take advantage of our most generous British Airways
Visa Signature card1 offer. Apply before January 21, 2010, and before you know it, you could be using your 2 transatlantic reward tickets to explore the world. Start with 50,000 bonus BA Miles after your first purchase, good for a transatlantic reward flight2. Spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of your card membership and get 50,000 additional bonus BA Miles—enough for a second transatlantic reward flight3.
"
First posting. Page looks different. Use caution.

Last edited by aviators99; Dec 21, 09 at 10:03 pm
Old Dec 21, 09, 9:32 pm

Programs: A member of Generation "Y"
Originally Posted by fsa_ea View Post
First posting. Page looks different. Use caution.
Following the link leads to a page with someone's name and address already populated in the application with no way to delete it, so no one else can use it.
Old Dec 21, 09, 9:39 pm

The link in post no. 1730 (and 1733) takes you to an application form that identifies the applicant as being a certain Deborah M******** with an address in Duluth, Georgia. Obviously a targeted offer.

Caveat emptor.
Old Dec 22, 09, 12:46 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Got mine in the mail a few days ago. Promptly charged $2500 in just a couple days (was a lot easier than I thought!). Looking forward to the BA miles posting to my new BA account.
Old Dec 22, 09, 1:06 am

I think it's great news that the last known working application link is down,
an admission that anyone who applied should be qualified for the bonuses

of course that doesn't mean you'll get 'em

and of course this is not great for those who haven't applied yet

Last edited by fupaking; Dec 22, 09 at 1:24 am
Old Dec 22, 09, 5:38 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by fupaking View Post
I think it's great news that the last known working application link is down,
an admission that anyone who applied should be qualified for the bonuses

of course that doesn't mean you'll get 'em

and of course this is not great for those who haven't applied yet
so what do you do?

call to activate the card, ask about the bonus first, and if you're not getting the 100k ask politely to cancel the card?
Old Dec 22, 09, 5:54 am

My online Chase account now lists the card and the benefits. It does not list the two 50,000 mile bonuses. Is this typical? Or does it mean I won't get the bonuses?

I haven't yet received the card.

With the British Airways Visa Card, you'll be packing before you know it.

* Earn 2.5 miles for every $1 you spend on British Airways purchases.
* Earn 1.25 miles for every $1 you spend everywhere else.
* $50 off any British Airways ticket purchase made online. To book visit ba.com/get50.
* Receive complimentary companion tickets:
o Every year you spend $30,000 you will receive a redemption voucher for a ticket for a companion, valid for 2 years. Redeem your BA Miles for a British Airways flight and take anyone with you, on the same flight, in the same class of service.
o Every time you purchase a full-fare First, Club World or World Traveller Plus ticket, you'll receive a complimentary companion ticket. Please visit ba.com/visa2for1 or call 1-877-376-3135.
* Worldwide acceptance anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.
Old Dec 22, 09, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by JerseyVics View Post
so what do you do?

call to activate the card, ask about the bonus first, and if you're not getting the 100k ask politely to cancel the card?
Curious, why would you asked to have the card cancelled? If the card is already approved, though you may not receive the 100,000 miles, you'll at least get something, even 30k is not bad.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: