Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 18, 09, 4:13 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by frankiwa View Post
... avoid all the fees/taxes/fuel surcharges by booking through AA for a round trip flight to Europe on BA mile awards? ...Also, would i redeem the BA awards for use at AA from the BA.com website or from the AA website?
To redeem BA miles you must book through British Airways even if flying segments operated by another airline. Be aware that you cannot use BA miles to travel on AA transatlantic between the USA and UK. Also, if you want to fly on an airline other than BA you will probably need to redeem by telephone because the BA website only offers partner flights if there is no BA award inventory.
Old Dec 18, 09, 4:22 pm

Be aware that you cannot use BA miles to travel on AA transatlantic between the USA and UK

Hi Mia. How about using BA miles to travel on AA transatlantic flight to a non-UK European country, like Germany or France? Moondog suggested that you can't redeem them for any AA transatlantic flights.

If it matters my home airport in LIT

Last edited by frankiwa; Dec 18, 09 at 4:37 pm
Old Dec 18, 09, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia View Post
To redeem BA miles you must book through British Airways even if flying segments operated by another airline. Be aware that you cannot use BA miles to travel on AA transatlantic between the USA and UK. Also, if you want to fly on an airline other than BA you will probably need to redeem by telephone because the BA website only offers partner flights if there is no BA award inventory.
Not exactly true. You just need to click "include partners" on the first page of search results (which, usually only shows BA flights).
Old Dec 18, 09, 5:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I just wanted to add that I just got my card today and called to activate it and the woman told me that the first year annual fee being waived is an "online error" and they're "working to get it straightened out". She said that they're all under "strict instructions to NOT waive the annual fee".

So, obviously YMMV w/the annual fee because some people have (seemingly) successfully had their fee waived even thought my CSR said that they were given strict instructions not to do so.
Old Dec 18, 09, 5:38 pm

We have many instances of folks who were told by CSRs that their first-year fees would be waived, but do we have confirmed cases where the first month's statement did not actually include the $75 fee?

Just wondering...
Old Dec 18, 09, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Be aware that you cannot use BA miles to travel on AA transatlantic between the USA and UK

Hi Mia. How about using BA miles to travel on AA transatlantic flight to a non-UK European country, like Germany or France? Moondog suggested that you can't redeem them for any AA transatlantic flights.

no chance. all AA transatlantic flights are off-limits, including ORD-DEL.
Old Dec 18, 09, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by SJS58 View Post
Applied November 21st, talked to a representative in early December and reduced/changed some credit limits, received approval about 9 days ago, received the cards today with the BAE number on the cards, activated both my/wives cards, received confirmation of 50/50 promotion. Took a while...but we finally got there.
How did you receive confirmation of the 50/50 promo?
Old Dec 18, 09, 6:01 pm

Wow. Statement closing date two days ago and the 100k are already in my account. Now to go back and read this entire thread for the best clues on how to use them and the additional 100k that will be showing up in our household account when ms. upgrader reaches her 2k spending and statement closing date.
Old Dec 18, 09, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, ALL AA TATL flights are off limit, regardless where you go, as long as it involves Transatlantic, is not available for BA miles redemption.

You use BA miles, therefore you book your award flights thru BA program.

There is an excellent STICKY on BA forum explaining the BAEC program, including the ins and outs of award redemption.

Read that Sticky a few times, and go to BA site to read more. The restriction is clearly spelled out on BA's website.

You dont have to be BAEC member to read up the information of the program, nor to book a mock flight because the fuel surcharge is the same on either an award ticket or a pay ticket.
Old Dec 18, 09, 6:48 pm
jdl

timeline from app to card

FWIW, here was my experience...
Dec 8 - applied for BA card, did not use Chase ID
Dec 8 - "thank you for applying... 15-30 days..." email received
Dec 10 - Exec Club PIN email received
Dec 11 - Exec Club member # email received
Dec 13 - BA CC appears in my chase.com accounts list
Dec 18 - received BA card in mail

JDL
Old Dec 18, 09, 6:51 pm

You guys are awesome. Thanks for helping. i'll be monitoring the the site for the best ways you guys choose to end up using them to minimize the fees and where u guys end up going. East Asia is my top choice, but i think i would only be able to go solo, but if i choose Europe at least i can take my girlfriend with me.
Old Dec 18, 09, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You guys are awesome. Thanks for helping. i'll be monitoring the the site for the best ways you guys choose to end up using them to minimize the fees and where u guys end up going. East Asia is my top choice, but i think i would only be able to go solo, but if i choose Europe at least i can take my girlfriend with me.
At least you'll be able to fly in C (the thought of using this beautiful Xmas gift from Chase for Y to Europe seems a tad shameful to me, though I remain respectful of the "seat is a seat" school of thought).
Old Dec 19, 09, 2:11 am

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Double Posting...Please Delete
Old Dec 19, 09, 9:57 am

Does the BA award miles transfer to their partner airlines' miles 1 for 1? Or is there some dilution when you redeem BA miles on a partner airline? (there is probably a chart somewhere that breaks this down, but i haven't found it on the BA site yet)
Old Dec 19, 09, 10:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Does the BA award miles transfer to their partner airlines' miles 1 for 1? Or is there some dilution when you redeem BA miles on a partner airline? (there is probably a chart somewhere that breaks this down, but i haven't found it on the BA site yet)
frankiwa, welcome to FT!

Before asking questions, we are all expected to do our own search and reading first. Your questions have been asked and answered numerous times in this single thread.

Anyway, here you are:

- BA miles can NOT be transferred out
- Award charts: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us

Search this Thread
Search Engine: