Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Your cousin can use his miles to book in anyone's name. Or you all can do a Household Account simply by changing his address on his account to yours--as if he has :moved into" your home or apartment. Very plausible in these recessionary times--but they rarely if ever check.
But remember, each award booking from a HHA will withdraw miles from each account proportionally, so it's simpler to book awards from his account to use up most/ all of his miles.
Thanks, Brandon. just what I wanted to hear^
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:28 pm

I just stumbled upon this great site while looking for the best credit cards for airline mile rewards. I am so bumbed that i missed out on this 100,000 mile deal of the century. Hopefully, they will offer it again sometime soon.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:40 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I saw a post about being denied yet having 85k household.

I had the opposite happen. I opened a chase account in 2005.

I currently have a 15k UA Visa. I spend about 25k per year on it.
I pay in full each month.

I am currently self employeed.

I was approved for the Chase BA card at 21,000, absurd.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:25 am

Hi,

I have never posted here before, but have always found browsing these forums useful. I had been interested in the 100k mile deal but never looked into it.
I decided to call Chase (I currently have a signature Chase BA visa) to see if the offer was still available. The agent insisted that it still is. I also indicated
that while it's difficult to find links to, there is an application page still up for the offer. She did mention that the annual fee is no longer waved. I'm gogin to give it a shot tomorrow. I'm wondering if anyone is having any success with either submitting the application or confirming the bonus. Also are there any other official chase web pages still out there which still advertise this deal?

Cheers,
Brian
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by fupaking
Hi,

I have never posted here before, but have always found browsing these forums useful. I had been interested in the 100k mile deal but never looked into it.
I decided to call Chase (I currently have a signature Chase BA visa) to see if the offer was still available. The agent insisted that it still is. I also indicated
that while it's difficult to find links to, there is an application page still up for the offer. She did mention that the annual fee is no longer waved. I'm gogin to give it a shot tomorrow. I'm wondering if anyone is having any success with either submitting the application or confirming the bonus. Also are there any other official chase web pages still out there which still advertise this deal?

Cheers,
Brian
the following link is from the post #1
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...F01&MKID=&MSC=

don't know whether it works though
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:20 am

Fupaking,

I'd be careful. I just called a few minutes ago and the rep said that the offer expired 10 days ago and is no longer active. I told that i still have an active link and he said that the offer is no longer valid still.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by frankiwa
Fupaking,

I'd be careful. I just called a few minutes ago and the rep said that the offer expired 10 days ago and is no longer active. I told that i still have an active link and he said that the offer is no longer valid still.
I called to make sure on the 15th and the rep told me it was still active so I applied and took a screenshot in the process so if this comes back I can fight them tooth and nail for the miles. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing on this promo. Some people being told its not active and others that it is and some getting the $75 fee waived and others not.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 8:58 am

application went in on the first time...so?

question: what is the grounds for getting the $75 fee waived?

I tooks screen shots as well, plus I have the rep confirming its validity,
so I have that going for me...of course that doesn't mean I convince them if they don't cough of the miles. Nothing is guaranteed.

fyi. The confirmation email didn't say anything about the bonus only that the application would take 15-30 days.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by fupaking
application went in on the first time...so?

question: what is the grounds for getting the $75 fee waived?

I tooks screen shots as well, plus I have the rep confirming its validity,
so I have that going for me...of course that doesn't mean I convince them if they don't cough of the miles. Nothing is guaranteed.

fyi. The confirmation email didn't say anything about the bonus only that the application would take 15-30 days.
From what it sounds like it just depends on what rep you get when you call to activate the card. Some get it waived while others don't.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
My dad makes more than me. He has no mortgage. His credit line was approved for $15k.

I have a $2k/mo mortgage. I make less than my dad. My credit line was approved for $25k. ...?

- Pat
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by aces
Me too. I was amused to notice that the card expires in December 2012. So does the world, according to Roland Emmerich!
Just received my card yesterday, I'm psyched. My expiration date is 12/2012 also. I hope the world doesn't end before I get use my 100,000 miles.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Spent $2200+ during first billing cycle with 50,000 first time use bonus and no 50,000 $2,000 bonus posting. Called Chase and CSR confirmed 50+50 promotion and would send it to "marketing department" for manual posting.
Have you found out anything on your issue yet?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:24 am

Well, I need a FF card anyway (being a newbie) so i signed up under the active link. I did screengrab in case they try to argue it. Even if it doesn't work it seems like a decent card. I suppose i could always cancel anyway if i end up not liking the card. I'll let u guys know if the promo still works for me.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Jeeves
I received my first paper statement yesterday. It's interesting how they describe the 2 x 50,000 mile bonuses.

Enrollment Bonus Miles: 50,000
First Use Bonus Miles: 50,000

How long did it take for these miles to post to your BAEC FF acct.?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:41 am

Somebody posted a link with a screen shot of 100k offer here, does anybody know where it is. When I try to print out the offer page, for some reason it won't print the left side of the page

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.