Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Old Dec 16, 09, 9:49 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
.75cpm - how

.75 cpm US miles - how. Moondog how do you get it that low. The best I am getting using the buy-share technique is 1.25 cpm. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Okay, let's do some math:

-300 x 2

That means the extra 100k miles cost you $1200, or 1.2 cpm. cWhile not horrible, since it's currently possible to buy US miles for .75 cpm, the numbers don't work for me.

I'd also like to apologize for the $600 alarm because your case almost makes sense.
Old Dec 16, 09, 9:54 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
A little more reading and I found it myself. Thanks moondog for mentioning it here
Originally Posted by r6vo View Post
.75 cpm US miles - how. Moondog how do you get it that low. The best I am getting using the buy-share technique is 1.25 cpm. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 16, 09, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Third submission worked! Couldn't believe it! I got my BAE email with the number and the account now shows up online! I got an email from Chase welcoming me, and it also indicates what I need to do to earn the 50K+50K.
Old Dec 16, 09, 10:26 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel View Post
Third submission worked! Couldn't believe it! I got my BAE email with the number and the account now shows up online! I got an email from Chase welcoming me, and it also indicates what I need to do to earn the 50K+50K.
submission of a cc application?
Old Dec 16, 09, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bergy Bits View Post
Can I ask if you were getting the "two week" message on the status line right up until the time you received your denial letter?
After the original app was submitted it said 15-30 days. And on the phone it said 7-10 business days and never changed to anything else.
Old Dec 16, 09, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by al613 View Post
submission of a cc application?
One cc application but had them resubmit twice.
Old Dec 17, 09, 12:46 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Family Account Clarification Request

First of all, I apologize, I assume this question might've been asked and answered on one of those 108 pages, but it's a hell of a reading I have this cousen whom I tipped about the card. So, he got it, but can't spend $2000 in the next three months (doesn't want to bother with creative ways, either). Since I wouldn't have any problem spending the money on his CC, his 50K miles are mine just for the asking. So, about this family account: does it have to be the same address/last name? And if it does, is there another way to transfer the miles or could he just book the flight on my name (like can be done with AA?) Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 09, 1:04 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
From BA.com:

All members of a Household Account must permanently reside at the same residential address.

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel View Post
One cc application but had them resubmit twice.
Did anything change between submissions? What was the reasoning they gave you for declining on the first 2? Does a resubmission require another hard pull?
Old Dec 17, 09, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
nice. taxes/fuel surcharges apply on awards, i think. might get more bang for upgrades. wonder if they charge the same fees for partner redemptions.
If you convert the points to american airline points your able to fly with minimal fees
Old Dec 17, 09, 2:54 am

Programs: OneWorld Emeralds, Star Gold, SkyTeam Silver, Southwest A-List, VIP Car Renter, Hotel Elite
As a data point, I was initially rejected due to fraudulent information on my credit report. Once that data was removed, I called in and was approved over the phone for 5x the credit limit of my current Chase card.
Old Dec 17, 09, 5:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yussi4k View Post
If you convert the points to american airline points your able to fly with minimal fees
Welcome to flyertalk, yussi4k

BA miles cannot be converted to AA miles. BA miles can, however, be redeemed on flights on partner airlines, which include AA. The redemption has to go through BA though, such as through ba.com or BA's call center.

The amount of taxes/surcharges varies between carriers. AA is known of minimal surcharges with an award ticket.
Old Dec 17, 09, 7:22 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by mnscout View Post
So, about this family account: does it have to be the same address/last name? And if it does, is there another way to transfer the miles or could he just book the flight on my name (like can be done with AA?) Thanks.
I used to be a big user of the family account. NO you don't have to have the same name (my wife keeps her maiden name, it's a European thing!) and it has never been a problem. But yes you do have to have the same address. Obviously never tested it but think they'd question it if you started adding dozens of adults all at the same address all claiming to be family Kids can join too. (This used to be a great deal - we used to fly BA a lot and so the miles all four us earned were clubbed together, and the British BA Amex has a similar 2-for-1 redemption voucher so basically we earned at 4x normal rate and redeemed at 1/2 normal price)

In terms of conversion as has been pointed out you cannot convert but you can redeem BA miles for AA flights except on Transatlantic flights originating in the US or UK (blame our governments for that)
Old Dec 17, 09, 8:03 am

Thanks friedice

DH is still getting the "two week" message - not expressed in days but rather "two weeks" like the famous line from THE MONEY PIT a.k.a. the house we own.

As a data point, I did think of one other difference between our applications. I had an existing BAEC number that I got two years ago in order to use their search feature. I applied for his BAEC number about four days before his Chase application, he got his welcome e-mail, and I did use the number on the application. I'm not sure why this would hold up his application, but obviously there are some very strange things happening.
Old Dec 17, 09, 8:12 am

Programs: Credit Cards
strange indeed

got my BAEC # at 11am... got curious as to what the pin may be and hit "Get Pin" option... got it. Went ahead and changed a few things in my profile on the BA site, including main e-mail address.

got my PIN # at 11pm... on an old e-mail address.. PIN doesn't actually work... the one I requested does however.
Old Dec 17, 09, 8:15 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Bergy Bits View Post
DH & I are roughly in the same position you are. We both applied December 11, I was approved Monday, he is still pending. We both have ancient active MP Chase Visa cards. He has a "real job" with a paycheck, I'm self-employed. I have one more credit card in my collection than he does (a Princess Visa); otherwise everything else about us is equal. The fact that I got approved & he is pending is mind-boggling. Now I'm actually beginning to get nervous about it. Friedice, how did you get your denial so quickly? By mail or did you call the status line & talk to a rep or ??
I have been worrying about this too. Husband has a MUCH better income than I, less credit cards and same credit score. And he's not approved yet (just called). He actually would use the card more. We are going to travel in one week, and would like to put all our spending in our brand new cards - to count for the 30000...They gave me a ridiculously high credit limit, but won't approve my husband's? Not very smart on chase's part...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: