Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
I received the exact same letter on the exact same day.

I was about to write a reconsideration letter when I noticed that Chase's letter only says that you will not receive the bonus for your first purchase. It makes no mention of the second bonus for spending $2,000 in 90 days. Therefore, before firing off my letter, I decided to make a $2,000 purchase and then see exactly what bonus miles I am given/not given. I will fight for the 100,000 miles regardless, but I'll definitely keep the card for 50,000. At zero, I'll probably ask for a refund of the $75 fee and close the card.

Should be interesting!
Did you previously have a Chase BA card?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Yes. A set of 3 cards (MasterCard, Amex, and Business MC) should do the trick, currently 30k miles per card, but you'd still be okay even if they dropped it back to 25k. Most threads about AA cards are in the "other credit cards" forum, I think.
Just read few threads from "other credit card" forum. Someone pointed out that applying for 3 cards will get 1 denial (2 cards per 60 days policy?) so I might try 2 cards first although I do want to save the "first time cardholder" for some amazing bonus deals in the future... (just like this BA card!) I never considered churning but that's over anyway.
Thanks again moondog!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by heta
Just read few threads from "other credit card" forum. Someone pointed out that applying for 3 cards will get 1 denial (2 cards per 60 days policy?) so I might try 2 cards first although I do want to save the "first time cardholder" for some amazing bonus deals in the future... (just like this BA card!) I never considered churning but that's over anyway.
Thanks again moondog!
Citi has been a bit of a moving target recently and has been sporadically clamping down on some of its more "enterprising" customers. However, IMO the potential upside is significant enough to try for two personal cards of different types (e.g. MC + Amex; for some reason, Visa can complicate things) relatively close together, but with different browsers/computers (there is a cookie issue, otherwise) and a business card separately. The goal is to trigger a single pull for the two personal cards. Separately, you can apply for a business card. IME, there is no connection whatsoever between the business and personal review processes. I've helped 5 people get all 3 cards during the past 3 months.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by PhilC
Further update: We finally received cards for the 2 applications that required address verification. One of them is missing the BAEC number. The other is just fine. I've sent a secure message to Chase.
This is the response I received this morning (that was fast):

I have verified the Executive Club information on your
account is correct and have ordered a replacement card
with your Executive Club number. Please allow 7 to 10
days for delivery.

Seems slightly different than what others have received in that it almost sounds like my BAEC number was on my account just not printed on the card itself.

Anyone get their new card yet?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Member

Is this a US offer only or can UK residents apply too?

I see the answer on the application...only US residents...
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:08 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by swdke
Did you previously have a Chase BA card?
Yes. Closed it about 1.5 years ago.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:43 pm

I received my card a couple of weeks ago and have done the requisite spending however I cannot see on the British Airways website how one is able to check if the miles from this activity have posted. I registered my BA account (with PIN) and created my password but no where on the site am I able to see how to check the mileage balance. Can anyone help me out.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Redeemed
I received my card a couple of weeks ago and have done the requisite spending however I cannot see on the British Airways website how one is able to check if the miles from this activity have posted. I registered my BA account (with PIN) and created my password but no where on the site am I able to see how to check the mileage balance. Can anyone help me out.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...12&prim=execcl

Once you log in your account balance and other information is shown. Pretty simple!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhilC
This is the response I received this morning (that was fast):

I have verified the Executive Club information on your
account is correct and have ordered a replacement card
with your Executive Club number. Please allow 7 to 10
days for delivery.

Seems slightly different than what others have received in that it almost sounds like my BAEC number was on my account just not printed on the card itself.

Anyone get their new card yet?
Mine has been ordered on 12/09 after they verified my BAEC number with BA. I am still waiting for the new card but at least they confirm now my existing BAEC number is finally input to the Chase records.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Redeemed
You state you've received your card and have made purchases, but has your Chase card billed yet? You will not receive the miles until after your Chase card bills. Have you registered your BA Chase card to monitor your Chase account at www.chase.com ? After you see that your card has billed, then you can monitor the BA website to see if your miles have posted.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
My parents (each) and I just applied. We're going to SE Asia (to their homelands) in 2010, and this offer will save each of us $4k-$4.5k. Well actually, I was planning to redeem my DL miles for my mother and buy my dad and I tickets.

100k miles between US and SE Asia in J is a steal alone, and even a bigger steal to fly CX!!!

We'll be watching these applications like a hawk.

- Pat
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta GM, United Premiere Gold, Air France
Does anyone have experience with redemption on BA? Is using 50k to Europe REALLY possible? What about booking 4x within the US? I am very interested, but only if these miles will actually work. I've never used BA, so am starting from zero.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:45 pm

Yes, 50k miles to Europe really works. Many folks on this board have done it many times. At peak travel periods, depending on your departure city, seat availability can be very tight, so you need to plan well ahead and be very flexible on travel dates. The sticky messages at the top of the BA board are very helpful, and you can use ba.com to check seat availability. You will also learn about the taxes and fees that BA adds to each frequent-flyer booking (several hundred dollars for flights to Europe).

With BA's recently announced reduction in the number of flights on many routes, combined with all the new miles folks are accruing under this very generous offer, the reduced seat availability will become more acute ---- so you need to learn how to play the game. Some people find it frustrating, others find it fun. Good luck!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Supratik
Wait, but isn't getting the "2 weeks" message a good thing?
That's what some people have said. Probably doesn't hurt to call though, unless you get hit with another inquiry. That happened to me with Citibank -- two inquiries in two days. But I did get the card after reallocating the credit.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:49 pm

Hello,

Applied yesterday, got declined today (found out by calling a CSR). The reason is "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank". I am soooo tired of this reason.

I have been getting this reason for the last 3 years, since Chase closed down all my accounts one day for no reason (other than my churning of United and Continental CCs).

Was anybody able to get back on Chase's good side after being banned?

My credit score is in the mid 700s and I was never late, got a clean credit report.

Would a reconsideration letter be of any use?

It'd be great to find out if there is hope or if I should just focus on the other banks.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.