Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is the SWA chase visa annual fee ever waived? And link to 16RR bonus!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, AA Gold

I'd love to try this card but am not willing to pay an annual fee for a credit card. Has anyone had any luck getting a first year annual fee waived for this card??
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kh2866
I'd love to try this card but am not willing to pay an annual fee for a credit card. Has anyone had any luck getting a first year annual fee waived for this card??
I have not seen anyone have success doing this.If it helps justify it at all to you,there is a link out there for 16 credits upon opening and you receive 2 credits each year upon renewal.I find this more valuable than the fee I pay and it helps me achieve CP easily
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by kh2866
Would you change your mind if you got 16 Credits? Cheap price to pay for a r/t ticket. There is also a thread about this card on the Southwest forum.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:26 am

2 years ago they offered me 16 credits and a waived fee. I took it. I've never seen it advertised though.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Renewal?

Originally Posted by rrgg
2 years ago they offered me 16 credits and a waived fee. I took it. I've never seen it advertised though.
Was this on a renewal? If so, Great!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:39 pm

No. (He asked about 1st year annual fee.)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:28 pm

Southwest - Chase Card - Free ticket

http://www.southwest.com/radio

You get one free round-trip ticket and 2 free points every year (16 points gets you another free round trip ticket).

There is a annual fee of $59. It maybe good just to use and get rid of for free tickets. :-)

Last edited by philemer; Jan 3, 2010 at 7:40 pm Reason: changed from "two" to "one" free r/t
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cytopia
http://www.southwest.com/radio

You get one free round-trip ticket and 2 free points every year (16 points gets you another free round trip ticket).

There is a annual fee of $59. It maybe good just to use and get rid of for free tickets. :-)
Welcome to FT, cytopia. Enjoy your stay & thanks for the reminder on the 16RR credits, with first spend, link.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 3, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.