Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page > Looking for advise on a weekend excursion from SJO.

Looking for advise on a weekend excursion from SJO.

Old May 26, 08, 5:16 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Looking for advise on a weekend excursion from SJO.

Hi,

I'll be in San Jose arriving June 23rd and departing early in the morning on June30th. I have business meetings from the 24th (Tuesday) to Thursday Evening.

So I have from late Thursday night until early Monday morning to get away and would like to get some inputs.

I've looked at Manuel Antonio area or further north - say Tamarindo. I'll be driving and it looks like Tamarindo will be about 5 hours drive and Manuel Antonio about 3.5hrs.

This makes Manuel Antonio more appealing as I'll have to head out at about 3AM to make it to SJO in time.

A couple questions that I could use help with:

1. Is it safe to drive at 3AM from Manuel Antonio to SJO?

2. What is the best hotel to stay at in Manuel Antonio area if I'm interested in the beach, snorkeling, maybe scuba (I'm certified and previously an instructor) with a day tour around the park. I like lively places and night life.

While in SJO I'll be staying at the Doubletree for two nights and the Intercontinental for two nights.

Thanks!

Search this Thread