Wiki Posts
Search

Costa Rica visa extension.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Costa Rica visa extension.

I am in Costa Rica at the moment and my passport is stamped for entry until January 18. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to extend this without leaving the country?

A couple of people I spoke to said I would have to leave the country and then come back. I would rather not do this as international travel is not easy at the moment.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:40 am

I understand Costa Rica gave blanket extensions of 3 months earlier in the year as many people got stuck. You'd have to check if these have been extended. The Tico Times website might provide insights?
TheOneThatGotAway likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheOneThatGotAway
I am in Costa Rica at the moment and my passport is stamped for entry until January 18. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to extend this without leaving the country?

A couple of people I spoke to said I would have to leave the country and then come back. I would rather not do this as international travel is not easy at the moment.
If you have a UK passport and a tourist visa this is what the FCO website tells you:

Any foreigner who entered Costa Rica as a tourist, after 17 December 2019 and before 31 October 2020, will have their visa waiver (usually 90 days) extended until 2 March 2021. There is no need to apply for this to be processed, it is applied automatically.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks. I did enter after the end of October, but my passport was only stamped until January 18, because that is when my Coronavirus insurance runs out.

I phoned the migration office this morning and I have to go to Liberia airport for an appointment to extend my stay. The first appointment they have is March 23 and I have been given provisional permission to stay until then. I just need to renew my Coronavirus insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.