Sansa Air reliable? (CR)

Old Sep 6, 19, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Sansa Air reliable? (CR)

I'm looking at a Sansa morning flight from Quepos to SJO. My flight back to the US leaves SJO departs at 2pm. Just wondering how reliable Sansa is if I fly out of Quepos that morning? How much time should I allow for an international transfer at SJO? Or should I fly back the night before (which I really don't want to do)?
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Sansa is reliable, but all it will take is unforeseen bad weather or mechanical difficulty and you won't make it back to SJO in time to catch your international flight. Remember, they can't do joint ticketing and bag transfer with any other airline, so they specifically recommend against doing what you want to do. They would tell you to fly back the night before.

When would this take place?

If you "collect" airport codes, Quepos = XQP.
Old Sep 7, 19, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I used Quepos instead of XQP because I wasn't sure how well known the code is. lol

I will be visiting Costa Rica in late January. Right now the plan is to stay in San Jose and take day trips, but want to spend a little more time in the Quepos/Manual Antonio area.
Old Sep 7, 19, 11:44 pm

I realize no one here is going to know "XQP." I'd have used "Quepos" too. In my list of airports flown, it's my only code that starts with an X.

The rainy season is usually over by January, so weather shouldn't be as much a concern. But as we all know, all it takes is for one thing to go wrong on the day we fly and "usually" doesn't matter.
Old Sep 9, 19, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJOGuy View Post
I realize no one here is going to know "XQP." I'd have used "Quepos" too. In my list of airports flown, it's my only code that starts with an X.
The only other one I know about (and have been to) is XPG for Gare du Nord, Paris. Technically not an airport, but for Eurostar, which works just like an airline when booking in a gds.
Old Sep 11, 19, 8:30 am

There's also XNA (Northwest Arkansas), which anyone who does business with Walmart has probably used.

Search this Thread