FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Central America (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/central-america-479/)
-   -   Costa Rica trip - itinerary and hotel assistance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/central-america/1981846-costa-rica-trip-itinerary-hotel-assistance.html)

WGretzky Aug 6, 2019 12:46 pm

Costa Rica trip - itinerary and hotel assistance

Hello
Wife and I will be in CR from November 29 - December 8.
we will be flying into SJ and out of Liberia. We would like to spend 3 nights in Arenal and 5 nights in Tamarindo. We need help with our hotel choices and also providing some advice on our potential itinerary. We want to do a little hiking exploring but also have some relaxation time - hence finishing our trip on the beach.

we will be hiring a private driver for our trip to take us between airports and hotels.

hotel options Arenal: we are looking at Royal Corin and Tabacon. Both have good reviews. Seems as though royal corin is a little more upscale, better food but doesn’t have the natural hot springs like Tabacon. Also Tabacon is further away from town and taxi more expensive. However, for the first time is it really worth experiencing the natural hot springs as opposed to the pool man made ones at corin?

hotel options Tamarindo: looking at Jardin Del Eden and capitan Suizo. We are leaning towards Jardin.

itinerary

Nov 29 - arrive 9:40pm SJO - one night at courtyard Marriott SJO

November 30 - leave for arenal in the morning, spend day at hotel hot springs

Dec 1 - excursion: combo tour - mystiko hanging bridge, waterfall and volcano hike

December 2 - relax at hotel - spa day

december 3 - leave for Tamarindo late morning : lunch time

december 4 - Tamarindo/ relax

December 5 - relax / looking for an excursion

dec 6 - another beach spa day

dec 7 - relax and sunset catamaran

dec 8 - depart for Liberia airport

thanks in advance!

klakhav Aug 21, 2019 10:31 am

For first night, you may want to look at

Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen

They can probably pick you up at the airport and it is beautiful surroundings. Last time, I was there, was woken by two beautiful parrots outside my window.

lamphs Sep 1, 2019 12:18 pm

I stayed at the Arenal Manoa about 3 years ago. It was excellent. But I recommend going into town for dinner. The property can arrange a taxi. If I recall, I arranged excursions through the hotel. Maybe a bit more pricy, but easy to deal with on-site.

If you stay at the SJO Courtyard, consider a short ride to the town of Alajuela for dinner. The only food around the CY are expensive chain tourist restaurants. The Marriott is very nice, if you have status.

I did a VRBO in Tamarindo. I did not like the choice of available hotels. Umbrella and chair rentals are on the beach. Tamarindo is fairly walkable. I did not do any excursions at Tamarindo all though I think there were many water-related options available.

ricktoronto Sep 1, 2019 10:31 pm

Set up an Uber account just not from the airport where the taxista mafia hates Uber.

Better rides faster all over San José and Alajuela. I have a friend living in Alajuela now and she uses it all the time . You can pay cash as well. SJO is a cash permitted Uber market.