Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Costa Rica for 7days - Quepos and Jaco/Los Suenos?

Old Sep 23, 18, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

Hi everyone. Single 30 something male headed to Costa Rica for xmas and new years to get away from life and family...

Arrival 1:30pm 12/24
Depart 4:15pm 1/2

I had planned to head up to La Fortuna, but the last shuttle I could find leaves at 3pm on 12/24. This means I'm either waiting until xmas day or going somewhere else. Also many La Fortuna hotels are booked up.

I have 12/28 - 1/2 booked at Los Suenos Marriott so I'll be hanging out there and in Jaco. I can still hang with the hostel crowd so may spend more time in Jaco.

Should I still try to make the Arenal/La Fortuna trip, spend a night in San Jose and then head to Quepos/Manuel Antonio, or just go to Jaco for a few nights before staying at Los Suenos? I will probably have a number of cocktails and just wonder around the town, but I also plan on getting some hikes/tours in and possibly fishing/jetskiing when in Los Suenos.

Sorry for the generalities, but didn't realize I'll probably lose a day due to shuttle shcedules and how long it takes to get around in San Jose. I appreciate all suggestions.
Old Sep 25, 18, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
Hi everyone. Single 30 something male headed to Costa Rica for xmas and new years to get away from life and family...

Arrival 1:30pm 12/24
Depart 4:15pm 1/2

I had planned to head up to La Fortuna, but the last shuttle I could find leaves at 3pm on 12/24. This means I'm either waiting until xmas day or going somewhere else. Also many La Fortuna hotels are booked up.

I have 12/28 - 1/2 booked at Los Suenos Marriott so I'll be hanging out there and in Jaco. I can still hang with the hostel crowd so may spend more time in Jaco.

Should I still try to make the Arenal/La Fortuna trip, spend a night in San Jose and then head to Quepos/Manuel Antonio, or just go to Jaco for a few nights before staying at Los Suenos? I will probably have a number of cocktails and just wonder around the town, but I also plan on getting some hikes/tours in and possibly fishing/jetskiing when in Los Suenos.

Sorry for the generalities, but didn't realize I'll probably lose a day due to shuttle shcedules and how long it takes to get around in San Jose. I appreciate all suggestions.

First i will say try to make to Arenal/La Fortuna and spend a night in San Jose, its a beatiful city the you can try to go head to Quepos the Jacos. The Hikes tours are awsome also you can try some climbing or rafting. I recommend you this page, its called Yoplan.com i used in my second trip to Costa Rica and help me a lot.

Search this Thread