Wiki Posts
Search

IAH PTY SJO - 47 Minute Layover?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, SPG
IAH PTY SJO - 47 Minute Layover?

Considering booking DEN IAH PTY SJO on UA miles for a vacation in November as it appears to be the only option if I want to use miles vs. USD for the date I need. My only concern is the layover in PTY is 47 minutes after arriving from IAH. Assuming flights are on time, is 47 minutes long enough to get through transit / customs in PTY?

IAH PTY is on UA, and PTY SJO is on AeroRepublica if that helps.

Last edited by dvarela8806; Aug 30, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: UA
Your connection in PTY is gate-to-gate, no immigration or customs clearance is required. 47 minutes is not a problem, you can walk end to end of the terminal in 10 minutes.

AeroRepublica is Copa Airlines, no difference in PTY.

Copa is due to start a flight DEN - PTY, not sure when, you might want to look for that.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, SPG
Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
PTY is one few of the airports where you can count for short connection times. There is usually good weather all year round, the terminal is relatively small, and you don't have to pass thru immigration, passport control, nor customs. I have no idea how baggage handlers move bags from one plane to the other in such a short time. They have never lost or delayed my baggage there.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
I have no idea how baggage handlers move bags from one plane to the other in such a short time.
I've concluded they dedicate all their baggage staff to handling connecting luggage at the expense of those exiting at PTY. Typical wait for a bag is 30 minutes, even when I know the plane is parked right on the other side of the wall downstairs.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:11 am

Ha! Nearly the same itin for us, except we're beginning @ LIT [mid November]. Our connection as of now in PTY is not quite an hour and half; on our first booking it was over 2.5 hours! They've changed our itinerary once already, and were showing flights as available that myself nor United could book; they blamed it on Copa, but who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.