Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Is PTY / Tocumen, Panama a 24 hr airport?

Old Mar 8, 17, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Need to fly from SAP to SEA - AA has flights, but you have to overnite in Panama - do they allow you to stay in the secure area or do you get kicked to the curb?
Old Mar 8, 17, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm not sure about whether they would kick you out, but either way I would recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza Tocumen, which is comfortable, about $100/night, and a five minute drive by way of the hotel's courtesy shuttle.
Old Mar 9, 17, 6:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
Yes, it's a 24-hour airport, you can stay airside. Only a few flights overnight. Copa Club, stores and restaurants close.
Old Mar 9, 17, 9:13 am
Moderator, Amtrak

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
I'm not sure about whether they would kick you out, but either way I would recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza Tocumen, which is comfortable, about $100/night, and a five minute drive by way of the hotel's courtesy shuttle.
Yeah I would agree with this. The airport isn't very big. There isn't to many good places to eat either. The longest layover I'd want to do there as an absolute maximum would be four hours. I've stayed at that Crowne Plaza its a nice place. Well worth springing for. Or of course after adding in hotel cost you might find better flight alternatives that don't require the overnight.

Search this Thread