Reload this Page >

I liked Nicaragua so much I started a travel blog

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I liked Nicaragua so much I started a travel blog

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Wondering what will happen to the Nicaraguan Cigar industry since the lifting of restrictions on Cuban cigars!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:17 am

Do Nicaraguan cigars cost $10 a piece like Cuban ones? Maybe there's room in the market at other price points.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:08 pm

There is absolutely no point in discussing taste but as an ex cigar smoker (I was only smoking cigars, i.e. no cigarettes, till I quit entirely 17 years ago) I would prefer most Central American cigars to Cuban ones. The price of the latter was also the reason I'd never buy them, only smoke them occasionally if I was being offered one.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by KLouis
There is absolutely no point in discussing taste but as an ex cigar smoker (I was only smoking cigars, i.e. no cigarettes, till I quit entirely 17 years ago) I would prefer most Central American cigars to Cuban ones. The price of the latter was also the reason I'd never buy them, only smoke them occasionally if I was being offered one.
Reminds me of Panama hats also, they are much cheaper in Nicaragua. I think it's a marketing thing more than quality, Panama Hats and cuban cigars.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Of course, Panama hats are made in ... Ecuador.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I was recently looking into flights to LIR (I have family property in Costa Rica) and then crossing the border into Nicaragua. Isla de Ometepe and San Juan del Sur both look very intriguing to me, as well as possibly continuing up to Grenada. Any advice about the former two locations, I didn't see anything in the post. I am very interested in seeing what Nicaragua is like, since I imagine it is what Costa Rica was like 20 years ago.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
I was recently looking into flights to LIR (I have family property in Costa Rica) and then crossing the border into Nicaragua. Isla de Ometepe and San Juan del Sur both look very intriguing to me, as well as possibly continuing up to Grenada. Any advice about the former two locations, I didn't see anything in the post. I am very interested in seeing what Nicaragua is like, since I imagine it is what Costa Rica was like 20 years ago.
Ometepe was lovely when I went. My only advice is to plan for any travel within the island to take longer than you expect, as once you get away from the most populous areas on the north end of the island the roads are very, very rough. (Also, factor in some scheduling flexibility in getting to the island if you can, as ferries are often canceled for weather-related reasons.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.