Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Liberia (Costa Rica) base hotel recommendations..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:57 am
Original Poster

We are planning a 7 or 8 day trip to CR in Nov 2016. Since SWA now flies to LIR also we are planning to base ourself in Liberia instead of San Jose.

1) What hotel would be a good recommendation for entire stay?
2) We are not planning to rent a car so looking for any good travel company for our tours. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, United Gold
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
We are planning a 7 or 8 day trip to CR in Nov 2016. Since SWA now flies to LIR also we are planning to base ourself in Liberia instead of San Jose.

1) What hotel would be a good recommendation for entire stay?
2) We are not planning to rent a car so looking for any good travel company for our tours. Any recommendations?

Thanks
My wife and I just returned from a 7 day trip in CR 2 weeks ago. Based on our experience and the activities we did (Beaches, Rio Celeste/Tenorio National Park, Arenal Volcano, and Cloud Forest Reserve in Monteverde), it was impossible to base ourselves at one location. If you want to really experience everything, you almost have move from place to place since getting from one attraction to another took 2-3 hours. We rented a vehicle and found this to be more convenient and cost effective than taking transfers via a bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.