Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costa Rica: these are my 3 requirements, looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Costa Rica: these are my 3 requirements, looking for suggestions

Traveling with spouse for 4-5 nights (first week in February) and would like 3 things:
be close to beach, do ziplining, see turtles (or see other wildlife).
We're flexible on where we fly into.

Suggestions on where to go? Much appreciated!

Last edited by milesunited; Nov 21, 2015 at 6:42 am Reason: Clarified time of year
Old Nov 21, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Time of year? For example, this is not prime turtle season.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:41 am
Original Poster

First week in February.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA, UA
Turtles, etc

there are no turtles on the Caribbean coast that time of year, so you need to check the different beaches along the pacific - it varies based on turtle, moon phase, etc - Playa Grande and Ostional are two of the best, but note that Ostional is remote and not a place you can just quickly pop into and see, it will require at least one night staying there.

If you fly into Liberia, you can get to Ostional or Nosara (nearby) and be on the beach, do a great zipline near Nosara, and if your timing is right see turtles as well. You will need to either rent a car (with 4WD!) or pay a pretty penny for transfers; public bus is an option but slowwwww...

Originally Posted by milesunited
First week in February.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Parc Manuel Antonio.

Ziplines in area, very nice beach, very nice park. No ziplines when I visited, but they have them now. Relatively short drive / ride from SJO.

Much cheaper than resorts that LIR serves. Not that there aren't expensive hotels between Quepos and Manuel Antonio.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Parc Manuel Antonio.

Ziplines in area, very nice beach, very nice park. No ziplines when I visited, but they have them now. Relatively short drive / ride from SJO.

Much cheaper than resorts that LIR serves. Not that there aren't expensive hotels between Quepos and Manuel Antonio.
You don't have to stay at very high end resorts if you fly into LIR. Most of Tamarindo is reasonably priced, and there are certainly some reasonable places in Playa Flamingo as well. And I personally think that Playa Flamingo is one of the nicest beaches in the entire Guanacaste area.

Manuel Antonio is also quite nice as well though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.