Search

PTY transit, 2 airlines, 2 tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM
PTY transit, 2 airlines, 2 tickets

Hi everyone:

I am flying to Madrid via Panama City from Tegucigalpa.

I am flying the TGU-PTY leg on Copa and the PTY-MAD leg on Iberia.

These are separate tickets. Can I check in for the Iberia leg in Panama City without having to go through immigration/security? Like, is there a transit desk or something I can visit behind security to get my Iberia boarding pass? I may try to check in online.

I don't want to have to go through immigration/security in order to check in. I want to be able to get off the flight from Tegucigalpa, check in somehow (either at a gate or at a transit desk), and go straight to my gate (bypassing immigration/security if possible).

Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:55 pm

I believe the answer is simply NO! This is based on a single experience where I had to check in at PTY for a Copa flight connection, having arrived from SJO on a Copa flight but with a different ticket (long story described elsewhere in FT). There was no transfer desk for Copa, thus I doubt that there would be one for Iberia. Mind you, going through immigration, customs, CI, and security took me an additional 20 minutes, thus not such a big problem (I was in C).

At any rate, assuming that you have not checked luggage, OLCI for your next flight is the only way to avoid the "long" connection procedure through the basement.

PS No idea whether Iberia can check you in at the gate...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.