Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Best business class from London or europe to Panama

Old Sep 1, 15, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum and wanted to find out, what is the best business class available to fly to panama from either home city(london) or from europe as i dont think there is a direct flight from london.
I have only come across Iberia and KLM that are flying direct to panama. Its my first time there and its a long flight about 10hrs and i am so used to flying in Singapore airlines and emirates first and business class that when i see the other airlines to fly to a new destination such as panama the comparisson and level of expectation is high and i know that the level of cabin quality and service will be no where as nice as singapore airlines or emirates but i need to find out if anyone has flown the london/europe route to panama on either first class or business class and which airlines is the best for this

All feedback is welcome

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 15, 6:50 am

AF also flies there! I personally prefer it to KLM but this may be a matter of taste. Check the Flying Blue forum for comparisons between the two business classes. As for Iberia, I stopped flying them in 2001 after a disastrous experience with them, and I've been "boycotting" them since then. Anything I'd write, therefore, could simply not be called fair...

Of course, you can also fly via North America. This would give you many more airlines to choose from!
Old Sep 2, 15, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
AeroMexico via MEX but you'll be on shorthaul from MEX-PTY
AC- Do not do as the YYZ-PTY is going AC Rouge.
AF via CDG (I'm not a fan of CDG)
TAP vis LIS-review vary but tend to be not impressed.
DL/UA/AA via many hubs but connection is usually onto a domestic style short haul.
Starting in February Emirates will fly to PTY. I think it will be the longest flight.

For more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocume...tional_Airport
Old Sep 4, 15, 10:30 pm

2 years ago I flew KLM AMS-Panama in E+. Disappointing experience.
A friend of mine flew the same route a year ago in C. Not impressed at all.
Mediocre food, unattantive (albeit smilling) FAs, poor IFE.
The planes were 777-200 and 777-300.

Search this Thread