Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Panama departure stamp

Panama departure stamp

Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Panama departure stamp

I'm traveling to Panama this month for some R&R. I will be flying from the US to Panama, back to the US. Does anyone know if Panama stamps passports upon departure (PTY) if flying non-stop to the US? I'm wondering because I am almost out of space in my passport and have two other trips this year and may not have time to get additional pages added to my passport before those trips. I never got exit stamps from Costa Rica, El Salvador or Belize, so I was wondering if Panama may possibly be the same.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Panama departure stamp

I have left Panama six times in the past eight months and have never received a departure stamp.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk mb131174. I am going to move your thread to the FT Central America Forum for further discussion about Panama.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PTY1K
I have left Panama six times in the past eight months and have never received a departure stamp.
Were you flying from PTY to an airport in the US? I'm just asking because I've ready you do not get a stamp if flying to another Central American country. Can't find any info on flying to N. America.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I've flown to Boston and D.C. with no stamp. I don't even think they have stampers, they're just checking for your entry stamp to see when you arrived in Panama. It's all fairly relaxed.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
From my experience the only country in Central America stamping outbound pax is Honduras, and they fingerprint you an the way out to boot!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
No stamps for me departing PTY for any destination (US, Central/South America/Europe).
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:39 pm

Like the others I wasn't stamped when leaving by plane, but I was when I crossed the land border. Which looks a bit odd as I have two entrance stamps and only one exit stamp!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TacaCopaFlyer
From my experience the only country in Central America stamping outbound pax is Honduras, and they fingerprint you an the way out to boot!
How strange, they neither stamped me on entry or departure when crossing a land border!

As for OP, reports are consistent with my flying in/out of Panama. No stamp on departure, only arrival!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:37 am

For all it counts, have a look at this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21825195-post22.html

I flew in to Guatemala City, then crossed 4 countries by land (Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica) and flew out from Panama.
The link above enumaretes entry/border stamps at each border.

And yes, as others said, there was no exit stamp at PTY, just a brief glance at my entry stamp.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:35 am

I got a stamp on my land border departure at Sixaola/Guabito (Panama side) where they have you pay $3 for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.