PTY transfer times

Old Feb 14, 15, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
PTY transfer times

Will be visiting Panama City next week and my return flight leaves from PTY at 7:20 am. How much time would I need to get via taxi from the financial center? Or should I try to stay at an airport hotel that night?
Old Feb 15, 15, 10:31 pm

Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
Originally Posted by andreiz View Post
Will be visiting Panama City next week and my return flight leaves from PTY at 7:20 am. How much time would I need to get via taxi from the financial center? Or should I try to stay at an airport hotel that night?
Taxi will take 20 minutes, maybe 30 at that time. There are very limited airport hotel options at PTY but you should be fine from the center. Do not give yourself extra time for the Copa Club
Old Feb 19, 15, 11:09 am

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Shouldn't be too much traffic going to MPTO at that time of the morning. Going into the city from MPTO in the morning would be a whole 'nother story.

Last time I had a morning flight out of there I stayed at the new Westin between the city and airport just to be a little closer. I agree though that allowing 30 minutes to drive from the financial district at 0530 seems reasonable.

(In afternoon/evening rush hour though, make that 75 minutes just for the drive)

Search this Thread